Flirty Girl Fitness / Fraudulent charges

I originally ordered two work out DVDs from Flirty Girl fitness in January 2009, which my credit card was promptly charged for and which I received a couple weeks later. In March 2009, I noticed an additional charge by Flirty Girl Fitness for almost $30. I called them and asked why my card had been charged and the customer service representative told me that additional DVDs and exercise equipment had been sent to me. I told her I didn't order those items, nor had I ever received them, and she told me that when I placed my original order, I had been automatically enrolled in a subscription service and that I would be receiving products from them every two months. I told her I never agreed to that, and she told me that a notice that I had been enrolled in the subscription program was written "in fine print" on the packing slip that had been enclosed in my original order. I told her that I wanted to cancel the subscription and to be refunded the $30 for the products which I had never ordered nor have I ever even received. She told me she could cancel my subscription but that I would have to pay for the items that had been shipped to me if they ever arrive because, as noted in the "fine print, " I only had 30 days to opt out of the automatic subscription service and that deadline had passed. After much debate, she finally agreed to refund my card the $30, but told me I was responsible for paying to return the items -- which I've still never received -- back to the company if they ever arrive. I told her I wasn't going to pay to return something that I didn't order in the first place and she told me I could try refusing the shipment or writing "return to sender" on it, but that if any charges are incurred, my credit card will be charged for it.

If you order anything from Flirty Girl Fitness, beware that you will be automatically enrolled in their "subscription service" and that your credit card will be charged every two months for products you didn't order, and that you will be charged to return them if you ever receive them!

Ki

Comments

1st of Jun, 2009

yes. i am shaking with frustration and so very angry. they are very rude at customer service. i advised that it is very misleading and is in very small print which is absolutely ridiculous, why would i pay almost $50 for two excersize videos which is what they said they bill!! why would anyone do that, especially when their packages are cheaper. it is very misleading and the manager was extremely rude pushing to the point of frustration when i was upset about the charges asking how i was billed for them. i finally had to hang up after getting no where. the video's are not that great and seriously not worth what they charge!!!

• Us
      2nd of Jun, 2009

same thing happened to me... a very unethical business practice!

• Ta
      28th of Aug, 2009

Same thing happened to me and I called costumer service to cancel the subscription and they will give your card number to a third party please be aware of that! and ask them to remove your card number from that list too. it sounds awful!

• Ro
      17th of Feb, 2010

The same exact thing happened to me...word for word! It wasn't until I threatened to file a police report for fraudulant use of my credit card that they agreed to the refund! I still may file...what a scam this was.

• Am
      18th of Feb, 2010

yes! the same this happened to me...plus they scammed me into some "budget savers" club thing for about 30 dollars, yet i never recieved anything from them. im still trying to figure out what "budget savers" is. i tried calling them numerous times, telling them that i did not authorize those transaction and i want the money put back onto my acount. They told me i can cancel the subscription, but could i could not get my refund. plus, all of this created an over draft in my account...SCAMMERS!!!

• Co
      26th of Feb, 2010

Just a heads up: If you're having problems with getting a refund, just go through your bank. I got fed up with their crap and called Wells Fargo and they launched an investigation and had all of the charges reversed. Just a thought. Hope this helps!

• Wo
      26th of Jan, 2011

Well guess, what they're still doing this even now (2011). BUYER BEWARE. This company is a fraud!

• Wo
      26th of Jan, 2011

Correction: In my opinion this company appears like a fraud and is taking advantage of people who are interested in their product and expect to receive only what they're asking for, nothing extra (i.e., fine print that says they will now be charged for a monthly subscription of $31 and change) for ever. This is not a company I will ever want to do business with. You never know what surprise charge may be lurking on your next bill!

• Ka
      10th of May, 2011

Exact same things happened to me & I am still trying to deal with it! I ordered from Flirty Girl Fitness and only agreed to my one payment of $17.98, before I knew it I had (2) charges of $19.99 & (2) charges of $26.98. I called them they told me the same thing as story above that i had automatically been enrolled and also the same that I had to pay to ship the items back. I refused. I contacted my credit card company and got part of the charges refunded. 3 months later, ive just received (2) collection letters from Flirty Girl Fitness saying that i've been sent to collections. I am furious! I have perfect credit and do not want to mess that up, but then again its not right for me to have to pay for something I didnt even order or want! My advise is DO NOT order from flirty girl fitness.. gets you in a lot of mess you really don't want to deal with & shouldn't have to deal with. :/ Good luck to all the rest of you out there that they also got over on. :/

• Ka
      10th of May, 2011

They also gave out my information to other companies and I was also getting charged from budget savers and other companies that I had never gave my information out too!!! :/

• Mm
      22nd of Jun, 2011

I just got a call from the budget savers company and god do I wish I got the name of the person who spoke to me! At least they told me I was going to be charged, said I would receive information in the mail on how to cancel the charges, something about $100 gas cards, he seemed reputable and I thought he was calling from the flirty girl fitness company, but then he transferred me to another woman who was to "confirm that he had gone over everything with me properly." The woman was very pushy, and started asking me for my card number. I insisted I would rather not give that to her, and she told me she was in a "secure room" and would not give the number out. I got suspicious, hung up, and immediately called the customer service number for flirty girl fitness, requested to be removed from their little lists, and the man did promptly remove me (so he said, let's see about that one). I called again to be sure I was removed, I was told that I was, and then when I mentioned this budget savers business the person I spoke to gave me the number to call for that. The woman I spoke to there was absolutely TERRIBLE. She kept telling me that I gave authorization for this, which I didn't, and she could not prevent the charges I was informed I would get because I was not in their computer system yet, and to call back in 3 days. LIKE HELL. I drove straight to the bank, handed my card to the teller, and told her what had happened. Now I have the bank monitoring my account and I'm being issued a new card. I only wish I would have read these boards sooner. If I had decided these dvds would be worth it after hearing all the trash about this company, I would have ordered it on amazon (yes, it's available there if you REALLY think this is worth it).

• Kk
      25th of Jun, 2011
    Flirty Girl Fitness - Unauthorized Credit card charges
    Flirty Girl Fitness
    California

Just cut and paste any other complaint against this racket right in here. They charged nearly $100 on my debit card, and then sent me dvd's I never wanted. Customer service was a joke. How do they keep getting away with this? I too had to block my card from use.