Flighthub / booking cancellation

Wednesday March 10th my father found out that his good friend had passed away in Croatia so I check FlightHub for available flights. I find a fight leaving the next day, Thursday March 11 at 1:25pm and arriving in Zagreb in time for my dad to make the Funeral. The fight cost $1561 so I book the flight. The FlightHub site says that the booking was successful so I look at my e-mail and see a message from FlightHub "Your reservation needs immediate attention". I open the e-mail and find out the payment didn't go through so I call the bank to authorize the payment and follow the link in the FlightHub e-mail to pay with another card that also has more than enough extra funds, just in case.
I receive a message that the payment was successful and a separate e-mail from FlightHub titled "Booking Notification". This e-mail says "Thank-you for booking with FlightHub! Your reservation is CONFIRMED!" It also has a Turkish Airlines Record Locator number and FlightHub Booking reference number and a message under this saying "Your reservation is confirmed. No need to call to reconfirm this reservation".
The next morning I see a message from FlightHub titled "Urgent-Booking Cancelled". The e-mail lists off several possible reasons the booking may have been cancelled. I call FlightHub and am told everything from it was too short of a time to actually book the ticket to, the ticket was no longer available by the time you provided the other card (first e-mail said we had several hours? and second e-mail confirmed the booking?) to while the transaction was being processed the price of the ticket had changed so the transaction never actually went through. How is it possible that I then received a confirmation after I provided the second card for payment? Apparently it was now too late to re-book the flight through FlightHub (even though the flight was still being offered on the FlightHub website as I was on the phone with them). I was told to go to the airport to buy a ticket directly. I tried calling Turkish airlines and they had no record of that ticket under the "Turkish Airlines Record Locator" number provided me in the e-mail confirmation nor any record of a ticket in my father's name ever being reserved.
FlightHub will send you a false confirmation with a false booking number and try to charge your credit card even though they did not even book the ticket for you. They try to make the "Airline Record Locator" look like the ticket number and you are sent your itinerary with flight details and airline numbers and you even pick your seat! Meanwhile, they have not even contacted the airline to make the reservation. This is false advertising and should be illegal. Nowhere was I notified that the "Confirmation" was not actually a confirmation nor that the ticket was not actually booked yet. I had to buy a same-day ticket for my father which cost me substantially more as I was under the impression that I had a confirmed ticket and did not bother to look for any other tickets in the meantime.
Flight Hub should not be allowed to send out confirmations or airline locator numbers that are false and are made to look like everything has been booked. How can they issue a number on behalf of Turkish Airline that the airline has no record of? FlightHub should not have the right to issue a confirmation until they have actually guaranteed the purchase of the ticket.
Also, based on the list of "reasons" why the flight might be cancelled, it looks like FlightHub can cancel a reservation for almost any reason with no obligation to the customer.

Kr