Flighthub / booking and customer service

United States Review updated:

. On 10:30am, Monday, June 23, 2014 my new husband and I arrived at the Albq. airport to travel to Madrid, Spain.
Upon trying to check in, we were told our tickets were invalid because we would arrive later than our connecting flight left. We called Flight Hub and Iberia multiple times, each of which said it was the other's fault. The story as I understand it, flight was changed, so we were changed to the 6am flight, but never notified. Iberia said it alerted Flight hub, but flight hub never alerted us and even while dealing with agent on phone, our reservation still showed we were supposed to take off at 12:50pm from ABQ.

An agent, Edwin, apologized and tried to get us a new flight. First saying he would try for the next day, then Monday night, then said he needed a supervisor's help and he'd call within a couple hours. Four hours later, he still hadn't called, so we called back. We went to bed without it being resolved.

The next (Tuesday) morning, while on hold, a new reservation email for Wednesday popped up. It said to confirm with the airline, so we called Iberia, they confirmed, then called Flight Hub and confirmed again.

The next day...NO RESERVATION WITH AMERICAN. We had no reservation number for them. We had a flight from Chicago to Madrid and back, but no domestic flights to get us to and from Chicago. After over two hours talking to Iberia, the American Airlines counter, Flight Hub, and American reservations line, we had missed our flight and had the flight to Madrid canceled due to "no show".

Back and forth, mostly on hold for another 2.5 hrs, Elijah came on and said all he could offer was to refund the tickets and then we could make new reservations.

We were refunded the cost of the original ticket, but the fact we lost FOUR days of our honeymoon, lost hotel reservations, SO much added frustration, two days spent in the airport was never addressed.

Re
Jun 25, 2014

Comments

11th of Jul, 2014

Civil war in israel and won't refund my ticket

15th of Jul, 2014

Dear Customer,

We do apologize for the events you mentioned.
    We are still working on your case in order to compensate you.
    We will call you as soon we have an update form the airline and our customer care department.

Thank you for your patience.
    FlightHub

• Ir
      9th of Sep, 2014

To whom it may concern;
    I recently booked a couple of flights with you which one added to $83.69 one way and the other was $89.34 dollars. I was charged more than what I was supposed to. Could u please rectify this problem.

Irene

August statement issued

Sep. 4, 2014
    PORTER AIR 4515272160110TORONTO ON 106.36

Sep. 4, 2014
    PORTER AIR 4515272159131TORONTO ON 100.71

Thank you for booking with FlightHub! Your electronic tickets are READY!

You can manage your reservation or review your itinerary online for the most up-to-date information.

Porter Airlines Record Locator:
    LZLUUB
    002-338-327
    Date of transaction: Sep 04, 2014
    Your reservation is booked and your electronic tickets are ready! No need to call us to reconfirm this reservation.

irene marlene tschupruk Porter Airlines eTicket Number: 451-5272160110

Seat assignments, special meals, frequent flyer point awards and special assistance requests should be confirmed directly with the airline. Please visit the following link for a list of airline toll free numbers: http://www.flighthub.com/airlines

IMPORTANT INFORMATION
    It is required for each passenger to bring their itinerary and passport or government issued photo ID for airport check-in and security.

We noticed you did not choose travel protection coverage when booking this flight. If you change your mind, you can purchase insurance prior to travel and receive your insurance confirmation via email.

Flight: Windsor to Timmins

Total: $83.69 CAD
    Sep 04, 2014

12th of Sep, 2014

Dear Mrs tschupruk,

We have received your request for your 2 bookings ans we will get back to you by email shortly.
    FlightHub

Dear Sir,
    I have made a reservation with a FlightHub Booking Reference Number: 002-391-520
    Date of transaction: Sep 28, 2014
    Price was at first in Canadian Dollar and I received the price in US Dollars $ 3839.38
    AND on my bank statement You are taking 2 times 1564 EUROSX2 = 3128 Euros.
    This is not at all the price that I agree to pay when I make my reservation.
    So I went to be repay the difference. On the top of that I call my bank and they say that normally It is not the way to send a payment if it is $3839.38 it not 1564 X2 Euros.
    What is wrong with you company?
    I want to be repay the difference
    Evelyne Rocard

Date of transaction: Sep 28, 2014
    AND on my bank statement You are taking 2 times 1564 EUROSX2 = 3128 Euros.
    This is not at all the price that I agree to pay when I make my reservation.
    What is wrong with you company?
    I want to be repay the difference
    Evelyne Rocard

Dear Evelyne,

We have received your request concerning your booking #002-391-520.
    During your purchase you have selected the USD currency and you have been advised on the check out page that you will charged by the airline in USD currency.
    If you have paid with a non USD or CAD credit card you will be charge in the currency of your credit card company.
    If you need any more information please call us at 1 800 900 1431 form CA or 1800 711 1755 form US

booking #002-391-520.
    Ok to be charge for $3839.38 US Dollars but the currency is wrong .
    It is 3038.22 Euros.
    You took 90 Euros out of my acount for no reason.
    So I want you to give me my money back.
    Evelyne

booking #002-391-520.
    My booking was $ 3839.38 US Dollars.
    You took EUROS 1564X2 = 3128 EUROS out of my acount.
    THE EXCHANGE RATE IS $3839.38 US Dollars in Euros 3038.22.
    So what you take 3128 Euros -3038.22 = 89.78 Euros
    I want that back on my account please.
    Best regards.
    Evelyne

Dear Evelyne,

The exchange rate has been calculate by your bank and stated in our terms and conditions you accepted during your purchase "This means the amount listed on your credit or bank card statement may be in your local currency and therefore a different figure than the figure shown on the billing summary page for a reservation booked on the Web site. In addition, a foreign transaction fee may be assessed if the bank that issued your credit card is located outside of the United States. Booking international travel may be considered to be an international transaction by the bank or card company, since FLIGHTHUB may pass on your payment to an international travel supplier. The currency exchange rate and foreign transaction fee is determined solely by your bank on the day that they process the transaction. If you have any questions about these fees or the exchange rate applied to your booking, please contact your bank."

We are not responsible for the difference took by your bank.

Cordially,

• Co
      16th of Oct, 2014

Flighthub knowingly or due to ignorance lied to us in order to make a sale. They told us that if we purchased trip cancellation & interruption insurance our flight was 100% refundable. We wanted to verify this BEFORE we spent one cent on a ticket because of the particulars around this ticket purchase. It was for our 91 year old grandfather & we had concerns about if he could get everything in order before the travel date. I recorded the conversation and asked multiple times before we purchased the ticket if that was accurate information. The flighthub rep told us absolutely we would get a full refund. No mention of Fees, no mention of having to apply for refund, despite asking multiple times. Everything the flighthub customer service rep said to us was inaccurate or completely false. Bottom line is we were told we would get 100% of our ticket purchase refunded and that wasn't true.Don't believe what they tell you because it may be ### because all they want is your money. Simple. The other side is that it may be that their customer service representatives may be ignorant to the conditions around insurance and ticket purchases, either way, If it's deception or incompetence, both are totally unacceptable. After our experience, we would highly recommend people use a different travel booking website.

27th of Oct, 2014

Hi,
    I booked 4 tickets through the website on oct 21, 2 tickets from Toronto to Quebec (booking reference: 002 441 503) other 2 from Ottawa to Toronto (booking reference: 002441782) . Every ticket was overcharged for around $11, for a total of 44. I did sent 2 emails to [protected]@flighthub.com for each case with the receipt from flighthub and a screenshot of my credit card. Is this enough? How long could take the answer to my emails.

Thank you.

28th of Oct, 2014

I received the answer already. Thank you, I am expecting the refund cheque in 20-25 business days.

• Bv
      29th of Nov, 2014
    Flight Hub - ovecharge
    flight hub
    135 antibes dr.ap.603
    Toronto, Ont m2r2z1
    Canada
    Phone: 416 736 7490

When I bought tickets moths ago the price of 5 tickets toronto to new york was 1, 242$ and 23 cents but when I recived my credit card the price was 1, 323$ instead of what the price showed to prove this I have an electronic ticket the number is 002-475-710 please reply to [protected]@gmail.com

• Yi
      2nd of Dec, 2014

Hi,
    my name is Ying Hong zhang. My FlightHub Booking Reference Number: 002-527-842, Aeromexico eTicket Number: 139-7555021283 & 139-7555021284, that total amount is Total: $1, 137.00 USD, Paid in Full Dec 02, 2014.
    But in my credit card account charge me is 12/02/2014 Pending AEROMEXICO $1, 145.02 USD, that have 8.02 dollars more different. So, I just want to pay for amount $ 1, 137.00 USD, I don't want to pay that $8.02 USD extra
    Your company workers serve not professional

3rd of Dec, 2014

Dear Ying Hong,

We have reviewed your booking #002-527-842 and the amount of $8.02 will be refunded to you by cheque.
    You should receive payment within 20 business days.

Best regards,
    Caroline.

8th of Dec, 2014

To Whom It May Concern,
    My booking #002-528-071 showed a total for $2, 085.04 CAD. However, on my credit card, ANA charged for $1046.81CAD twice which totaled to be $2093.62CAD, which is $8.58CAD higher than the FlightHub booking confirmation!
    Please review the charged as I did not agree to pay for that extra $8.58CAD!

10th of Dec, 2014

Dear Customer,

We will send you an email concerning your booking #002-258-071 in order to fix your situation.

14th of Dec, 2014

I booked a flight through Flighthub for March 2015 and as soon as I paid the full amount I checked the Cheapoair website and it was showing me the exact flight for about 200 dollars CAD cheaper! I went back to Flightbub and now the price was 170 dollars CAD cheaper a few seconds after I booked it! I Emailed customer service and haven't got any responses back. I believe the website wasn't updated when I was inserting my information to book this flight. I contacted another flight agency and they were selling this ticket for 200 dollars cheaper days before my booking! This was my first time booking through the Flighthub and I am unhappy about this. My booking number is 002-546-198. I hope someone can resolve this issue

Dear Arman,

We have received your request concerning your booking /002-546-198.

We understand your concern but we do not offer price drop protection.
    As stated in our terms and conditions, the price is subject to availability at the time of booking.

15th of Dec, 2014

It seems to me by reading above that Flighthub does offer quality customer service and tries their very best to mitigate your inability to read terms and conditions.

Dear Arman,

We have already reply to you from our customer card department and as you can see on your screen shot the currency is not the same reason why you see a difference in the price.

15th of Dec, 2014

This has nothing to do with terms and conditions. The price fluctuations on this website is similar to up and downs in stock market! I have seen it just by refreshing the page and the price changes. I would call this a bug in your flight search engine. I highly recommend everyone to be cautious when they intent to book a flight through this website. Plus the statement of "More cheap flights than anywhere" is contrary in prices that I see on some other websites. Even as I am writing this comment the websites such as Flight Network and Cheapoair show cheaper prices for this flight. This was my first time booking through the Flighthub and not happy about the higher price that I paid. Good luck

15th of Dec, 2014

oh That's correct so the currency has changed from CAD to USD! and that makes the prices to change! Thanks for your answer and I appreciate that. Regards

15th of Dec, 2014

Reading the document more carefully could have avoided this unfortunate waste of time. Please be more diligent in the future.

• Ro
      13th of Jan, 2015

I purchased 2 tickets from kelowna to shanghai was told the cost was going to $1948.10 for both they charged me $1956.14 pretty consistent for them to do reference # 002-591-58 please reply to [protected]@hotmail.com

• Un
      18th of Feb, 2015

Re: 002-699-510

I paid for my trip in full but got an email indicating problems with my payment. I calley my credit card company and was advised flighthub took out the full payment and attempted to take the same payment a second twice...ie: paying double for my trip. When I called customer service to let them know that Flighthub had already been paid for my trip and I had yet not received my flight iteniary customer service said they see an issue with payment on their file and that I had to Contact [protected]@flighthub.com. I emailed flighthub billing and have yet to receive any form of communication back from them. It's been two days now with no contact and they have taken my money from my credit card. Is this a fraud company? ?? Why did they try to take payment twice and why have I not received any iteniary yet??? I'm frustrated since it's my first time booking through flighthub and so far I'm not impressed since I got my hotels booked for my flight dates. My concern at this point is that I don't get my flights and chosen dates and times. Someone from flighthub needs to take this serious and reply to my emails asap! This is not how you treat someone customers.

19th of Feb, 2015

Dear Omar,

We have reviewed your booking and confirmed that your reservation #002-699-510 has been cancelled due to credit card decline.
    We inform you that you have not been charged twice.
    The transactions are on hold and pending due to airline accounting procedures, it takes 5-10 business days from your bank to release the funds.
    We have sent you 2 emails concerning the status of your request.

• Jc
      12th of Mar, 2015

NEVER EVER TRUST FLIGHTHUB, WORST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE, WORST SERVICE EVER, LOST 1000$, NEVER SEEN A COMPANY SO DISHONEST!!!
    My husband and I booked a flight on the 30 january 2015 for A flight on the february 28 and a come back on mars 9. Reference #: 002-656-193. When we clicked to confirm the booking, everything was in order, my husband and I VERIFIED like 10 TIMES (because that's what you do when you are paying 1200$!!) that everything was in order, that the price and the dates were right. We printed the tickets few days later, and we did not noticed, but they had changed the date for March 30!!! WE DID NOT MAKE THAT MISTAKE, IT'S THEIR SYSTEM, AND I LOOKED THE REVIEWS HERE AND ON TRIP ADVISER, WE ARE NOT THE ONLY ONES TO WHOM IT HAPPENED!!! This happened to other people that were as horrified as we were when we discovered this nonsense! We tried to call several times, with no service, no answer. Last time I called, that means 5 minutes ago, I waited 2 hours and 13 minutes for someone who took two seconds to say that they could not do anything for us. I tried to make this woman with no brain understand what was the problem, and that there was a REAL PROBLEM HERE, no way, she continued to say that I booked for these dates, they are robots, and they basically tell you that you are crazy!!! THIS IS THEIR MISTAKE, their system is a real fraud, and should I say really intelligent: they make money on that, because after, they tell you that you have to pay more than 500$ to change the flights and the dates. But they did not answer when we called the second time, it was just saying "No service", so we had to pay more than 1000$ to book another flight ourselves to come back to Montreal and we lost even more money because we lost two days of work, since the next possible flight was 2 days later.
    NEVER BOOK WITH THEM, THIS IS NOT A BOOKING COMPANY, THIS IS THE WORST SCAM WE HAVE EXPERIENCED, WE LOST MORE THAN 1000$ WITH THIS HORRIBLE STORY, HORRIBLE COMPANY, HORRIBLE SERVICE.

13th of Mar, 2015

Dear Jade,

We have received your request concerning your booking #002-656-193.
    We have reviewed your file with our I.T department and we confirmed that you booked form Feb 28 to March 30.
    There is no glitch on our web site.
    As stated in our terms and conditions it was son passenger responsibility to double check the itinerary.
    You have also many occasion to verify your trip before you clicked on " book and confirm " and also when you received your electronic ticketing.
    When you received your travel document if you see any error you can called us right away to fix the situation.

We sent you 2 email on January 30 and you did not call us.
    At this time if you want to make any change you are subject to fare rule.
    If you need any help please call us at 1 800 900 1431.

• Sp
      3rd of Apr, 2015

FlightHub made critical errors in my booking. I have sent several emails to '[protected]@flighthub.com' over the preceding several days - including corroborating information and screen captures.

As of this writing, I have not received a reply. FlightHubs stated policy is a return email within 6 hours.

Ref: 002-846-036 and FlightHub email subject line: FlightHub Booking Reference Number: 002-846-036 -- Billing Error

24th of Apr, 2015

Flighthub is not respoding to my emails--- Plz Give my reimbursement which i got it from aircanada
    Reason : I was purchased flight ticket on dec 12, 2015 for the round trip from Flight hub, while return to canada i was missed flight because of delay. Then immediately i book another flight ticket to coming back to Canada. After i came to Canada i claim my flight ticket with AIr Canada, they did processed and did reimbursed my amount to Flight hub. I'm trying to contact with flight hub, they were not responding properly and three weeks back finally they said, send bank statement and copy of email and email you got it from air canada, i did sent to [protected]@flighthub.com and waited for two weeks, Still no response from them. Mean time i have contacted Air canada again, They said " ----- Reply from Air Canada Official ----- /******We have received your request for refund for ticket 014 4756716179/180.

This is to advise that a refund has been processed for the unused portions Delhi-Montreal for $529.95.
    As your ticket was issued under a contract fare that stipulates "all refunds must be processed through the original issuing agent". In accordance with this contract, Air Canada has issued our credit to the agency who issued your ticket. Please contact your travel agency directly for settlement of this claim.****/

"But no resonse from Flight hub. : Flighthub Booking Reference Number: 002-543-191
    Air Canada E-Ticket Number : 014-4756716179-80

Please do the needful

• Na
      28th of Apr, 2015

Dear Sir or Madam,

On April 20th, 2015, I booked an Air Canada flight using flighthub.com. When I booked the flight, the price was 199.52 CAD, but I was charged 203.54 CAD on my credit card by Air Canada. I contacted Air Canada and they referred me to the company I booked my flight with, which is Flighthub. So I sent an email to [protected]@flighthub.com about this problem, but I have not received any reply from them.
    The Flighthub Booking Reference Number for my ticket is 002-917-265 and the Air Canada Record Locator is MKWJJZ.
    Please respond to my emails.

20th of May, 2015

Hi there,
    For reimbursement purposes, I need a receipt for a flight I purchased last December.
    I sent two emails to both [protected]@flighthub.com and [protected]@flighthub.com, after calling three times and being repeatedly told to simply send an email.

I will thus re-insert my request here:
    I need a DETAILED RECEIPT that should describe:
    · the Supplier (e.g. United Airlines)

· The DATE of purchase

· The purchased item

· the Purchaser

· the total price

· the breakdown of the price of the ticket, separately charged fees, and separately stated Canadian federal and provincial taxes.

· The method of payment

· A ZERO balance owing.

My flight booking number is 002-571-674

Thank you for your understanding with this matter,

Mathis

31st of May, 2015

Hello,

I am looking for an email contact for Flighthub. I recently had an extremely horrible situation occur, and I would like to directly inform them about it. I initially tried when the situation occurred, but was put on hold indefinitely and eventually hung up on... mind you this was when time was of the essence.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sarah

2nd of Jun, 2015

I was told the amount would be 1476.33 Canadian.
    I told her I could not afford over 600 so was not doing it
    then she said she would give me the price I saw on line . 497 each or 491.
    She put me on hold to go confirm the price

now she charged me way more 1831.62. What kind of business is this?

plus free cancellation today

now I am told 75 to cancel

I am not happy and I will call west jet.
    I repeated the amount twice to this lady who said I would get this price

I am going to call west jet and want to talk to a supervisor about this

Donna

Airfare: $1, 394.16 CAD
    Taxes & Fees: $437.46 CAD
    Total: $1, 831.62 CAD
    Jun 02, 2015
    Entry to another country may be refused even if the required information and travel documents are complete.
    Living standards and practices at the destination and the standards and conditions there with respect to the provision of utilities, services and accommodation may differ from those found in Canada.
    For Passport, Visa and other documents required for your chosen destination please click here.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION
    We've noticed that you haven't selected a Travel Insurance plan. To avoid the high cost of medical bills, trip cancellation, lost luggage or other unforeseen events we STRONGLY suggest you consider one of our available options.
    PLEASE VISIT OUR TRAVEL INSURANCE PAGE TO SELECT A PLAN THAT FITS YOUR NEEDS!

Changes and Cancellations
    If you need to change or cancel your Westjet reservation, please call us immediately at 1-800-900-1431. Our sales and service deparment is open 24hrs.

For your Westjet Flight:

Changes:
    In the event changes are permitted for your fare, there will be a minimum fee of $125.00 CAD per passenger . There may be additional fees or differences in price charged by 3rd party suppliers that will vary by carrier, market, and specific fare rule.

Cancellations:
    If your fare allows for cancellations, a minimum fee of $125.00 CAD per passenger will be charged at the time of cancellation, and an airline fee is applied at the time of rebooking. If permitted by the airline, the remaining funds may be available within one year of the cancellation.

Baggage Allowance and Restrictions:
    To view detailed information on baggage allowance, please visit the following link:

Seat Assignments and Other Requests:
    Seat assignments, special meals, frequent flyer point awards and special assistance should be requested directly with the airline.

Questions?
    If you have questions about your reservation, feel free to visit our Frequently Asked Questions section.
    Please print/retain this page for your financial records (e.g. for taxation, expense claim or payment card reconciliation purposes).

Flighthub.com wishes you a safe trip!

* Insurance is Pending Approval

For assistance or to book by phone, call: 1-800-900

• Ba
      19th of Aug, 2015

Am in the same boat.i think by the time am done with them, I will 2000$ in the hole.stay away

• Tm
      22nd of Aug, 2015

This complaint is long overdue. Over 3 months ago I had to cancel a ticket and book another (also through FlightHub) to change my departure airport from Vancouver to Toronto (I moved to Toronto before my trip).

The rep who assisted me suggested I cancel my flight, incurring a cancellation fee, and book a new ticket. I incurred the cancellation fee the day of cancelling (FlighHub was quick to charge of course) and was told my refund would be received between 4-6 weeks. 14 weeks later now, and still no refund for my cancelled ticket.

Countless calls and e-mails to FlighHub have proven futile. Initially they made me e-mail my credit card statement as proof of not receiving my refund (they of course have record of their payables). Anyway, I did this more than once and was told that my e-mail was sent to the "appropriate area". I even got my credit card company involved. That was 1 month ago now. Still no response from FightHub's "billing department".

The last person I spoke with (2 weeks ago) was actually helpful and said that they could in fact contact the billing dept for me to get an update (not what I was advised by others in previous calls). She said that my refund would be received on Aug 20th. This was after I had to wait on the phone for an hour! Apparently some issue on FlighHub's end for not initially submitting the cancellation to the airline operator. It is now the 22nd. Still no refund..or apology! Starting to lose hope and now think FlighHub stole me money. Don't book a flight if there is a chance you will have to use their cancellation policy. The policy is a lie. Therefore, not a policy. Just words.. that are lies.

Thanks for your attention to this,

A victim of FlighHub

• Eb
      25th of Aug, 2015

Hi
    My name is Ebrahim, I booked a flight from Calgary to Toronto today around 1 hour ago via 003-357-013 reference number, in the last page that i should enter my credit card number the price was 574 CAD but when I entered my credit card number the invoice is made by 773.8 CAD, I'm totally upset for your service, if you can't make it as it was shown in the last page please refund me the money, as i had much lower price from other websites.
    Regards

• Av
      28th of Aug, 2015
    Best Best Advice

This is absolutely the worst company EVER to deal with. The details of my horror story aren't relevant - when you read all the complaints, it is obvious they are negligent, deceptive, incompetent, manipulative liars set to take your money, waste your time and frustrate you to the point they hope you will give up. They are downright criminals and should be forced out of business.