Flickr.com / Scam and fraud

I has never happened to me in the past but i was in a peculiar situation recently because of the tactics used b www.yahoo.com & www.flickr.com.

Problem is : I was a frequent user of yahoo photos to upload my pics and managing as well as sharing them within my close circle but about 6 months back yahoo shifted my photos to Flickr.com. It was working fine till about few days and now i got an intimation mail that my privileges has got expired and i have to pay an annual subscription fees of $24.95 in order to continue the services with flickr.. Flickr was decent enough to intimate me that i can download my pics n case i dont want privileged services but the route in which one can download s not consumer friendly.. The route is to download images one by one and keep deleting in order to get the older pics.. Now if i have some 1000 pics and estimated time for downloading a single picture is 1 mins, roughly it will consume my 1000 mins which is roughly a day and also the cost would be around 1000 Rs i.e $ 25.. Now, i have not choice but to pa this sum which i think is forced upon me and some 100, 000 odd people.

Va

Comments

• Ab
      5th of Jan, 2013

This website portrays me as an escort! im worried abt it

• Na
      10th of Mar, 2016

There method is distasteful, a few month ago I was promoting Flickr around because I though I finely found what I was looking for years: a free storage of photos. Seems like we were all fooled. I always tend to forget that in our society today nothing is given to you for free.. Flickr should have warned before hand though, which it did not (I looked thoroughly before uploading and registering to it). It really disgust me !