Flextronics / UNFAIR

1 Louisville, KY, United States Review updated:

THIS COMPANY IS THE WORSE PLACE I'VE WORKED FOR. IT IS POORLY WRITTEN RAN AND TREATS THEIR EMPLOYEES LIKE ### AND DO'NT CARE ABOUT THEIR PERSONAL WALFARE. THEY LIE AND SEND OUT FAULTY PHONES, HARDRIVES, AND MOTHERBOARDS JUST TO MAKE A AUICK BUCK. ON 02-17-09 THEY LAID OFF 40 EMPLOYEES AND 02=18-09 LET OFF DOZENS MORE. sO, BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY BECAUSE THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU!!

More Flextronics Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Fr
      11th of Apr, 2009

They are getting ready to fire all their direct employees for b.s. reasons so they don't have to pay unemployment and severance and replace them with temps. I've never worked for a worse company.

• Sp
      25th of Aug, 2009

The following are complaints that I have heard about over the past few years (some complaints I have heard directly from employees):

A woman drops her children off at daycare at 6 am because she has to be at work by 6:30. The production manager changes the schedule so that everyone is required to be in by 5:30 am. The production manager is aware that there are no daycares in the entire area that open their doors before 6:00 am. Since the daycare does not open before 6 am the woman can not make it to work before 5:30 am and she is fired.

The production manager requires that salary employees work Saturday and Sunday. Several employees complain that they never have any time with their families, but the production manager is unsympathetic, and tells them if they do not show up for work, they will be fired. The employees come to work on Saturday at 4:30 am. The production manager breezes in at 8:00 am, calls a meeting, barks instructions, then tells the employees that he is leaving to spend time with his family. He does the same thing on Sunday.

Salary employees work from 4:30 am until 4:30 pm 7 days per week – yes, 7 days per week. The production manager who imposes this slavery sometimes shows up by 8:00 am, but most days not until 9:00 am. He is the same fellow who may or may not show up on Saturdays, rarely on Sundays, but never before 8:00 am. The production manager never works past 3:00 pm.

The production manager required that all salary employees work on a national holiday. When the salary employees show up to work at 4:30 am, there is no work they can do since everyone else in the plant is off for holiday. The production manager shows up after 8:00 am and tells them to clean the parking lot. He then leaves to enjoy the holiday with his family.

An hourly employee receives an emergency telephone call that his child is very sick and needs to go to hospital. The production manager has issued a new rule that no one is permitted to leave work for any reason, even an emergency, without his personal permission, and if they do leave without his personal permission the employee will be fired. The production manager is not in the plant because he has taken another holiday to take his child to a ballgame. No one can reach the production manager to get his permission so this employee can leave to tend to his sick child without losing his job. Finally after several hours and telephone calls, a senior manager gives the man permission to leave so he can take his child to the emergency department.

All mid-level managers are supposed to be issued company provided cell phones and laptop computers. After computers and cell phones are distributed to all the White managers, the Black managers are told that the company has decided not to distribute any more cells phones or computers.

An employee’s only daughter is getting married in September 2009. The employee requested the day off (a Saturday) at the end of July 2009. His request was refused. He has since requested the day off so that he can walk his daughter down the isle every week and has been denied each time. The production manager has told the employee that if he does not come to work on his daughter’s wedding day he can find another job.

A mid-level manager has a terminally ill child that is in a hospice. The manager receives a telephone call that today may be the day that his child passes from this life to the next. The mid-level manager tells the production manager that he must leave to attend to his dying child. The production manager refuses to grant him permission to leave, telling him that he has to schedule such absences from work in advance.

This is cruelty and slavery.

• De
      12th of Feb, 2011

This is horrible. I'm investigating Flextronics because I'm applying for employment with them on another open tab. Unfortunately, I have no choice to take whatever job I can get. I'm on the verge of homelessness because I haven't worked in 7 months and am not eligible for unemployment. I don't want to work for a slave driver, but I NEED some sort of pay. This is what our nation has become. The jobless are the new underclass, looked down on by everyone else because we're begging for work, and we're so desperate we'll do anything and take any treatment just to keep roofs over our families' heads.

22nd of Sep, 2011

A man was yelled at for allegedly driving a forklift over 5 miles an hour. The supervisor is known to be a loudmouth bossy type. The man tells the supervisor that he wasn't driving over 5 miles an hour, as the supervisor is walking by he calls the man a stupid nip. This happened on a saturday. The following week on a thursday the man returns to work to find out from his co-workers that he was terminated. The company had failed to call for a meeting and gave the man a termination without talking to him. The man had just moved into an apartment a month earlier to support him and his teenage son but now he has no job to pay his rent.
    Very unproffessional, and they really don't care if you have a family to take care of.

• Ha
      5th of Feb, 2014

Flextronics is the most horrible place to work! They are constantly looking to get rid of employees. They are sneaky snakes that only care about themselves. My kid was in a life threatening car accident. I told my manager I wanted to leave, Well my manager said it's mandatory we stay. I told him I had to go because it was my 19 year old daughter. He said "life happens, I'm sure she will be fine. Make sure you take care. And walks away to talk to another manager that is stuck up his butt. I approach him again and tell him I am leaving. He said ok. I left. My daughter died that night. When I went back to work after the funeral and bereavement which was only 48 hours. I got in and other employees told me that the manager had let me go for job abandonment for not telling them I was leaving. This company is horrible. I had put in years here! This happened to me back in August of 2013 and I'm still mad about it. If you know people with kids, have a life outside of work, has a soul...tell them to just go elsewhere. This manager better not see me out somewhere. I'ill call him out on his ruthless lying ###. Get a hair cut you freaking hippy!