Fleurent Fuel Co. / Don't use them

1 United States

Fleurent Fuel Co. in Southern Maine is a dishonest and immoral company. When we bought our first house, we hired them to deliver our heating oil, and signed up for a keep fill option so we would not run out. Our first fill was on December second 2009. When I checked my oil level on January twenty-eight, I could measure my oil level in millimeters. I called, and spoke to Mr. Fleurent himself, who claimed that I was not on auto fill, and if I was I would have had to call to get filled anyway. I told him that was why I wanted to be on auto fill, so I would not have to call. He then told me he would charge me an extra $80 to fill my tank, and if I ran out the restart fee was my fault, as well as any frozen pipes. I told him that was no way to treat a costumer, and he told me that I need not worry, I was not one. He dumped our account because I complained about his lack of service. I went to the BBB, and filed a complaint. Mr. Fleurent lied in his report to them, saying he tried to help, and that I was signed up, and that I was the one to terminate the contract. He left us in a rapidly cooling house on the coldest night of the year, with no oil, no service, and no hope of fixing that until the next day. Nights in Maine get very cold, that one was well below zero. Anyone who could do that, with two kids in the house has no soul. Stay away from FleurentFuel Co.

Gi