FlatFeeMLSListing.com / They never listed my home on their website after I paid them $399!

Three months I ago, I was looking to sell my house "by owner." When I searched on Google, I found FlatFeeMLSListing.com as a top ranked website, which promises to list my home on a national website for just $399. I entered my credit card details along with my home listing. Three months later and dozens of email sent and still nothing on their website. Avoid them!

Comments

• Fl
      21st of Dec, 2010

Mr. Martin:
    We have attempted to contact you through this website multiple times since we became aware of this review, with no response.

We are eager to speak to you so we can clear up any confusion or issues. We suspect you paid a different company with a similar name, for the following reasons:
    1. We have searched our customer records for the timeframe you mention and do not have your name as a past customer.
    2. Around the time of your complaint in 2007, a website with a very similar name went out of business, leaving a bunch of people without listings. Because of our similar name, many of them called us, either by mistake or hoping that we were related to them in some way and could help.
    3. Later in 2007, this competing website was purchased by a different individual, who attempted to get into the business but failed within months. Again, we received calls and emails by people hoping we were a related company, and unfortunately we are not at all related. This other company’s website has just a couple of letters different from our website url.
    4. We always answer our emails and our phone—this is what we are best known for.
    5. You are describing the service you purchased in a way that isn’t how customers typically describe our service, our service involves flat fee mls listings on the multiple listing service used by agents and brokers.

We're fairly certain that we're not the company that you purchased service from and that this is a simple mix up. However, since you have a more common last name and because we want to make sure all of our customers are taken care of, we would still like the chance to talk with you to clear things up. Like everyone, we do sometimes make mistakes, and if it turns out that we made an error with your listing and that you were indeed one of our customers, we would welcome the opportunity to make things right. Thank you. FlatFeeMLSListing.com