FlashByte Digital, LLC / Refund due and never received

1 61597 Twentynine Palms Highway, Joshua Tree, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: (760) 366-4800

Flashbyte consistently had poor internet speed despite what they promised as being as fast if not faster than DSL. We paid $150 for the installation and $99 for the equipment deposit. We became tired of constantly being overbilled for services that were not worth the $60 per month. We canceled the account and returned their equipment. We have emailed their rude, ignorant and unprofessional representative, Brenda, several times and have still never recieved our $99 refundable deposit. I have no choice but to take them to small claims court and sue them for my money. They are a terrible, horrible, company. Do NOT ever do business with them. They have complaints everywhere from /link removed/ to the local Joshua Tree Chamber of Commerce, to the Better Business Business Bureau. Enough is enough. Stop ripping people off Flashbyte!!!

Comments

• Mi
      5th of Feb, 2009

After 60 some days of non- consecutive service we were finished with flashbyte (assbyte). After Barnes' rude attitude and then hang-ups, she became more receptive to conversation after I expressed no problems with discussing the issues face to face. They do not have 24 hour service as advertised. There technician with the appearance of a motley parole, has little experience in understanding communications and transmitting operations. After weeks long song and dance along with Brenda's meager attempt at intelligence we have found Wild Blue satellite much more satisfactory. Not to mention the satellite doesn't mysteriously go down on major holidays, weekends, or when the wind blows. Download speeds are much faster with courteous personnel. As a radio communications operator flashbyte will get a new introduction to the FCC and all complaints forwarded. Brenda explained on one of there many outages " You can't rely on just our service; you should always have a backup". We went with the backup! FYI, anything attached to a dwelling, i.e. coax, antenna mounts, etc are and will be property of said owner.

• Hi
      11th of Feb, 2009

Same problems as above. These people need to have their hands slapped by someone. Heard they are claiming that they had to close the Beatnik place in Joshua Tree because the landlord wouldn't renew their lease because they had an Obama poster in the window. I doubt this story - the Obama poster is still there and they are no place to be found since last summer. One would think the landlord would have removed the poster by now if he was so upset about it. One can only assume they ran the Beatnik like they run Flashbyte, poorly.

• Ih
      23rd of Mar, 2009

Much of the same type of problems. We are a military family and were waiting for base housing. when i first talked to Brenda, i explained that since we were not sure when/if base housing would be available, we did not want a long-term contract. she said there was a $99 installation fee, a $99 deposit equipment deposit which i would get back once the equipment was returned, and the monthly service charge for the "great" internet service. she also said that i could pay for a years worth of service at a discount. my total came to $729.
    i "asked" several times what would be required from me, if we did need to stop internet service due to moving, and what monies i would get back. she "assured" me several times that i should expect a full refund of the equipment deposit, and minus the installation fee and the monthly service fees, i should expect it all back. "That's it! No hassles!"
    you guessed it---we moved! i had service (some of the time) from 01/08-08/08. when i called to cancel, Brenda informed me that there is a $99 "un-installation" fee, and that i also needed to give 30 days written notice, so she would need to charge me for another month. i started to argue, but she kept going back to the TOS. i told her she never told me about the terms of service. she "told" me there was no contract and "no hassles" when /if we needed to discontinue. from $729, i thought i was getting $267 back. she told me i should expect a refund of $59!
    despite numerous calls, i have not even received the $59. she told me it's been sent to accounting in AZ. i asked if she could follow up on it or give me a number, so that i could call and get an update. she refused and told me that i'd get it when i get it, and that if i kept bothering her, i wouldn't get it at all. she then hung up on me.
    it is now 03/23/09. i haven't received any refund, but i have been charged for another year of service. AND!!---my account doesn't even show a credit due to me.

• Fl
      24th of Apr, 2009

We went to CA for medical reasons. Flashbyte was the only internet service available in Indio Hills. We were also told by Brenda that it was a $99 set-up charge, $59 prepay for 1st month and $99 equipment rental charge, which would be refunded at the end of service. I explained we would only be in CA for 5 to 6 months. We paid on time each month, (note...many months we were without service for up to 10 days). We gave our 30 day notice and helped the guy take down "their" equipment. NOW, Brenda is not so friendly. She keeps refering to the TOS (terms of service) which we were not given at the time of installation. Then..she says we should have got them on-line before starting service (hello...we didn't have internet).
    I just received a email from Brenda stating they (flashbyte) have a un-installation charge of $99 so we we be receiving our final bill and get ??? refund.

21st of May, 2009

SAME AS ALL THE REST, GETTING THEM TO KEEP THERE APPOINTMENTS TO UNINSTALL THE EQUIPMENT IS LIKE PULLING TEETH WITHOUT NUMB. 2 YEARS OF HORRIBLE SERVICE(I, M A VERY PATIENT PERSON) OUTAGES AND SLOW SPEEDS, STRAW BROKE THE CAMELS BACK WHEN THERE SERVICE DISAPPEARED FOR OVER 2 WEEKS WITH THERE PHONE SHUT OFF AND NO CONTACT, NO THERE TRYING TO BILL ME FOR EQUIPMENT AND SERVICES I NEVER RECEIVED. THEY CAN'T RUN THERE BUSINESS AND IVE GOTTA PAY/?????WELL COMPLAINTS TO THE FCC BBB AND AN APPOINTMENT WITH THE COURT SERVICES HOPEFULLY WILL DO SOMETHING TO WAKE UP THESE IDIOTS, WE SHALL SEE, WISH ME LUCK. BRUCE IN TWENTYNINE PALMS

• As
      2nd of Jun, 2009

Sadly, my story is like the rest. Character assassination seems to be the norm as a response to customer complaints. The lovely Ms Brenda Barnes personalty attacked me when I told her that I had more downtime in 3 months service with F/B than with the previous 9 years of internet service with my previous ISP. I was absolutely flabbergasted at her vitriolic response. I informed them that they could set up an appt. to pick up their equipt. A week later the un-installation crew showed up with no appointment. Imagine their surprise when I came out of my shop. They stopped halfway up the driveway. That is as far as they got. Apparently they thought I would be at work and were trespassing to get their equipment. Oh, and by the way, Ms. Barnes said some incredibly disgusting things about my wife too. And of course, I'm single.

This is when I decided to research F/B digital. Google them. You'll see. We have a city council meeting in a week. I am doing everything in my power to put them out of business in Sky Valley and beyond. People this evil should not be allowed to prey on the public as they have.

15th of Jul, 2009

NOT TO DISCUSS FACTS THO I HAVE A COURT DATE AND ITS BEEN DOCUMENTED, I HOPE SOME MANS JUSTICE(AND GODS) WILL SLAM THEM FOR WHAT THEY DO.WISH ME LUCK, MORE PEOPLE NEED TO PURSUE THEM IN SMALL CLAIMS AND FILE COMPLAINTS, THE FAIR TRADE COMMISSION IS ANOTHER COMPLAINT PLACE.BRUCE IN TWENTYNINE PALMS

• Ki
      9th of Mar, 2010

DO NOT USE FLASHBYTE SERVICES !!! THEY ARE A JOKE, BRENDA BARNES IS A NUT CASE AND WILL LIE, STEAL AND CHEAT TO TAKE YOUR MONEY.

9th of Mar, 2010

JUST FYI..THIS IS BRUCE AGAIN .I WON MY SMALL CLAIMS CASE.JUDGEMENT FOR ME IN THE AMT. OF 300$ FROM BOTH PLAINTIFFS..300$x2.. OF COURSE I, LL NEVER COLLECT IT.BUT THE MALISCIOUS COLLECTIONS AGAINST ME STOPPED.. I KEPT THE CHEAP 50-60$ WORTH OF EQUIPMENT THEY LEFT HERE AND AS FAR AS I, M HOPING THE COLLECTIONS AGENCY THAT WAS DOING THERE COLLECTING DROPPED THEM LIKE A ROCK. CHECK OUT MCKINSEYS FACEBOOK. GUYS A REAL FLAKE.. WONDER HOW MANY PEOPLE HE, S GOING TO RIP OFF BEFORE SOMEONE RUNS INTO HIM IN A DARK ALLY.. TOO MANY MARINES OUT HERE WITH LOTS OF ATTITUDE THE WAY HE, S GOING.LOL...ANYWAY.. THEY THINK ITS FUN AND GAMES RIPPING PEOPLE OFF AND HAVING NO MORALS.GOD WILL GET EM AFTER EVERYONE ELSE OR MAYBE SOONER..GOOD LUCK EVERYONE...

9th of Mar, 2010

ONE MORE THING..IVE HAD WILDBLUE SINCE I QUIT THOSE LOSERS AND HAVENT HAD A LICK OF TROUBLE..IT IS MORE EXPENSIVE THO ITS WORTH IT IF YOU LIKE RELIABLE INTERNET WITH EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE FROM PEOPLE THAT TREAT YOU LIKE A VALUED CUSTOMER..MY DOWNLOAD AND UPLOAD SPEEDS ARE EXACTLY AS DESCRIBED ..ALL THE TIME AND IN THE ALMOST A YEAR IVE BEEN WITH THEM IVE LOST INTERNET FOR NO MORE THAN 15-20 MINUTES ONCE IN THE WHOLE TIME..I LEARNED A VALUABLE LESSON DEALING WITH THOSE LITTLE KIDS AT FLASHBYTE.. ALWAYS CHECK THE BBB IF YOUR THINKING OF GETTING SERVICES FROM A NEW OR UNKNOWN COMPANY..