Flamingo Financing Company / Terrible service

1 8360 W Oakland Park BlvdSunrise, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 954-512-2000

I said it, 'They Are At Fault!' First you should know I make my payment through my personal bank's online bill pay (as I live 60 miles from the nearest 'Flamingo Office' & my bank's main branch is across town from it) which is set up to pay my payment by my due date every month. 4 months & everything went perfect until...

Flamingo for whatever reason (they refuse to tell me) changed the address for mailed payments to their parent/sister company Car Plaza Inc in Sunrise, FL but didn't mail me notice until 8 days before my due date! (they are not linked to my bank for EFT so my bank mails a check & I don't pay postage or have to make a trip to the PO).

My due date is the 20th, this month my bank mailed the check on the 17th to ensure it arrives in time. My statement was mailed to me the 4th (I believe I got it the 9th) & this notice of the address change effective the 9th was printed the 11th & mailed the 12th! I didn't get it until the 20th as I hadn't checked my mail for 4 days (the last time was the 16th) but as you can tell it wouldn't have made a difference if it had come the 17th... My payment was already mailed by my bank!

Needless to say, my payment is now 6 days late! Stuck in transit with the USPS & Flamingo is to blame! No one even admitted to the forward until yesterday & Yes, I asked about it 3 times on the 21st when I spoke to them! They call my husband's phone as he his primary on the loan, 5-10 times a day including Sunday when they are closed!

We even had our bank call them to explain that our payment is in transit due to their mail forward. They did not believe that person was truly from our bank! Since 6pm on the 20th my husband has been threatened with repossession! We offered to stop payment (the banks idea) & then make a phone payment. 5 different 'Supervisors' told us we better not stop payment cause when they receive it they will charge us returned check fee & repossess the vehicle!

I know they can't repossess it for a bad check, but I've heard of them doing lots of things they shouldn't be able to do. And it wouldn't be a bad check if they would make a note on the account that such'n such check number is not valid, payment has been made via phone. They refused to do so! So we have not made a payment via phone & will wait until the check finally arrives! I can't wait for them to repo my car ILLEGALLY, so I can sue them & hopefully put a stop to the harassment of many other customers!

Please tell others not to use this company & if my story isn't enough, just search Flamingo Financing & you'll see many complaints like mine & worse! I wish someone had told me 5 months ago when I bought my car! I've now read so many complaints on Flamingo Financing & Car Plaza, including a comment from an employee saying "Flamingo Financing Prides its self on Superior Customer Service." I now ask WHERE'S THE SUPERIOR CUSTOMER SERVICE? The current FDCPA doesn't cover 1st party collectors & I say its time it did! NO COMPANY/PERSON SHOULD BE ABLE TO CALL MORE THAN ONCE A DAY TO COLLECT ANY DEBT! At what point does it go from Harassment to Stalking? If I called my ex that much for money he owes me, I'd have a restraining order! Something has got to be done about this...

Comments

• Va
      26th of Jun, 2008
    Flamingo Financing Company - They don't care
    Flamingo Financing Company
    www.flamingofinancing.net

Flamingo for whatever reason (they refuse to tell me) changed the address for mailed payments to their parent company Car Plaza Inc in Sunrise, FL but didn't mail me notice until 8 days before my due date! (They are not linked to my bank for EFT so my bank mails a check & I don't pay postage or have to make a trip to the PO)

My due date is 20th, this month my bank mailed the check on the 17th to ensure it arrives in time. My statement was mailed to me the 4th (I believe I got it the 9th) & this notice of the address change effective the 9th was printed the 11th & mailed the 12th! I didn't get it until the 20th as I hadn't checked my mail for 4 days (the last time was the 16th) but as you can tell it wouldn't have made a difference if it had come the 17th... My payment was already mailed by my bank!

Needless to say, my payment is now 5 days late! Stuck in transit with the USPS & Flamingo is to blame! No one even admitted to the forward until today & Yes, I asked about it 3 times on the 21st when I spoke to them! They call my husband's phone as he his primary on the loan, 5-10 times a day including Sunday when they are closed!

We even had our bank call them to explain that our payment is in transit due to their mail forward. They did not believe that person was truly from our bank! Since 6pm on the 20th my husband has been threatened with repossession! We offered to stop payment (the banks idea) & then make a phone payment. 5 different 'Supervisors' told us we better not stop payment because when they receive it they will charge us returned check fee & repossess the vehicle!

27th of Jun, 2008

Thanks Brayden for posting my instance with Flamingo Financing here! I see you got it from pissedconsumer.com as I change something on every site I post it to! I hope you did this for the right reson - to get it out to more people that FlamingoSucks!
    I truely think the FDCPA needs to be revised to cover 1st party collectors as well as 3rd party! NO COMPANY/PERSON SHOULD BE ABLE TO CALL MORE THAN ONCE A DAY TO COLLECT ANY DEBT! If I called my ex that much for money he owes me, I'd have a restraning order! WHEN COLLECTION TURN TO HARASSMENT - ITS AS BAD AS STALKING YOUR EX!

27th of Jun, 2008

UPDATE: They Finally got my payment today! Don't know the details of late fees or interest added right now, my husband just said it was there! I'll let you know when I find out more info...

28th of Jun, 2008

QUESTION: Why was my Title Changed? My Original Title: Don't Care Why Its Late Even When They Are At Fault! Now it says: Terrible service. Who Changes these & why would you, there was no profanity! If I had wanted my title to be Terrible service, that's what I would of made it! CHANGE IT BACK!

If you read my story you'd see that Flamingo was at fault for my late payment! They forward their mail without proper notification & then refused to admit to the forward until I was 5 days late... my payment arrived at 7 days late! Also No Late Fee Posted to My Account, I thank my husband for calling them 3 times a day for the last 3 days asking "Is My Payment There Yet?"
    Please Change My Tilte Back to: Don't Care Why Its Late Even When They Are At Fault!

29th of Jun, 2008

Companies like this aren't out to help the "little guy". That's the first thing you have to understand. They are only out to make a profit, and if they are a public company, they are out to make a profit for their shareholders. One would think they would want to keep their customers happy and satisfied in order to earn repeat business or at least good "word of mouth" advertising, however, usually the "profit for the shareholders" outweighs the "keep the customer happy" rule. If Flamingo continues to get bad rapport (bad rap) from their customers, they should be run out of business. The ONLY way people can change what is going on with bad companies is to quit doing business with them and like you said here, tell others so they won't do business with them. That's the bottom line.

1st of Aug, 2008

The 2008 Florida Statutes “Florida Consumer Collection Practices Act”

559.72 Prohibited practices generally.--In collecting consumer debts, no person shall:
    (1) Simulate in any manner a law enforcement officer or a representative of any governmental agency;
    (2) Use or threaten force or violence;
    (3) Tell a debtor who disputes a consumer debt that she or he or any person employing her or him will disclose to another, orally or in writing, directly or indirectly, information affecting the debtor's reputation for credit worthiness without also informing the debtor that the existence of the dispute will also be disclosed as required by subsection (6);
    (4) Communicate or threaten to communicate with a debtor's employer prior to obtaining final judgment against the debtor, unless the debtor gives her or his permission in writing to contact her or his employer or acknowledges in writing the existence of the debt after the debt has been placed for collection, but this shall not prohibit a person from telling the debtor that her or his employer will be contacted if a final judgment is obtained;
    (5) Disclose to a person other than the debtor or her or his family information affecting the debtor's reputation, whether or not for credit worthiness, with knowledge or reason to know that the other person does not have a legitimate business need for the information or that the information is false;
    (6) Disclose information concerning the existence of a debt known to be reasonably disputed by the debtor without disclosing that fact. If a disclosure is made prior to such reasonable dispute having been asserted and written notice is received from the debtor that any part of the debt is disputed and if such dispute is reasonable, the person who made the original disclosure shall reveal upon the request of the debtor within 30 days the details of the dispute to each person to whom disclosure of the debt without notice of the dispute was made within the preceding 90 days;
    (7) Willfully communicate with the debtor or any member of her or his family with such frequency as can reasonably be expected to harass the debtor or her or his family, or willfully engage in other conduct which can reasonably be expected to abuse or harass the debtor or any member of her or his family;
    (8) Use profane, obscene, vulgar, or willfully abusive language in communicating with the debtor or any member of her or his family;
    (9) Claim, attempt, or threaten to enforce a debt when such person knows that the debt is not legitimate or assert the existence of some other legal right when such person knows that the right does not exist;
    (10) Use a communication which simulates in any manner legal or judicial process or which gives the appearance of being authorized, issued or approved by a government, governmental agency, or attorney at law, when it is not;
    (11) Communicate with a debtor under the guise of an attorney by using the stationery of an attorney or forms or instruments which only attorneys are authorized to prepare;
    (12) Orally communicate with a debtor in such a manner as to give the false impression or appearance that such person is or is associated with an attorney;
    (13) Advertise or threaten to advertise for sale any debt as a means to enforce payment except under court order or when acting as an assignee for the benefit of a creditor;
    (14) Publish or post, threaten to publish or post, or cause to be published or posted before the general public individual names or any list of names of debtors, commonly known as a deadbeat list, for the purpose of enforcing or attempting to enforce collection of consumer debts;
    (15) Refuse to provide adequate identification of herself or himself or her or his employer or other entity whom she or he represents when requested to do so by a debtor from whom she or he is collecting or attempting to collect a consumer debt;
    (16) Mail any communication to a debtor in an envelope or postcard with words typed, written, or printed on the outside of the envelope or postcard calculated to embarrass the debtor. An example of this would be an envelope addressed to "Deadbeat, Jane Doe" or "Deadbeat, John Doe";
    (17) Communicate with the debtor between the hours of 9 p.m. and 8 a.m. in the debtor's time zone without the prior consent of the debtor;
    (18) Communicate with a debtor if the person knows that the debtor is represented by an attorney with respect to such debt and has knowledge of, or can readily ascertain, such attorney's name and address, unless the debtor's attorney fails to respond within a reasonable period of time to a communication from the person, unless the debtor's attorney consents to a direct communication with the debtor, or unless the debtor initiates the communication; or
    (19) Cause charges to be made to any debtor for communications by concealment of the true purpose of the communication, including collect telephone calls and telegram fees.

Above information was found at http://www.bcsalliance.com/debt_florida.html
    If you were violated by Flamingo Financing Company under this Florida Statute, you could be awared up to $1, 000.
    Good Luck to you all!

2nd of Mar, 2009

UPDATE: Check Out My Newest Problem with Flamingo Financing https://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/flamingo-financing-company-c171044.html

Now I have a different problem, I want to Re-Finance my loan. I need a 10 Day Pay Off faxed with the company's info & contact information. Doesn't seam to difficult! After all, all Flamingo Financing wants it their money, right! Well, I guess not...
    I personally have called 10+ times & as soon as I tell them what I need, I'm hung up on! I even resorted to crying from start to finish & I finally got an answer, "We just don't do that." What?? If that's what another company needs to send you your money, why wouldn't you do it??
    The lady at the company I want to Re-Fi my loan through, has also called Flamingo Financing & was hung up on for insisting that she needed Flamingo's Company Contact Information faxed with the 10 Day Pay Off. Now they did fax a pay off on Friday, but it was on a blank piece of paper & was hand written with the date, the amount & "10 Day", then today before we could finalize the new loan, she tried again to get what she needs. Which is where we are now.
    I just don't get it, really!
    I would warn others to not use Flamingo Financing, but that won't help cause they are no longer doing new loans. Flamingo Financing was under written by Bank of America & in June of 2008, BoA pulled out!! Flamingo Financing is in Collection Mode!! That's why all the offices were shut down & everything was transferred to Sunrise, FL!! There are 3 other locations still listed on their website, but they are all in South Florida & I believe in close proximity to Sunrise!
    As I'm writing this I received the call, the new company can not Re-Fi this loan!! They have advised my Husband & myself to trade-in this car for another & they will Finance that loan!
    Man, I wish I was never financed by Flamingo Financing!!