Flamingo Financing / Poor service!

Flamingo Financing - http://www.flamingofinancing.net/ Is the company I am complaining about. I am not a customer but the friend of one. He has poor credit score due to fraudulent activity in his name, including accounts opened in his name before he was old enough to have a credit card. He is also severely disabled and lives on Social Security benefits at age 29. After finally saving enough, he wanted to get a new car that would not require constant work. He was turned down over and over until a "Credit Repair" car sales company told him Flamingo Financing had agreed to finance a car for him. He was basically conned into accepting an outrageous interest rate and other incredibly high charges in order to get into a 2002 Elantra. He is paying over $6,000.00 more than he should for the vehicle because of the company. Still he pays his bills on time every month. This month the company called him claiming he owed an additional $60.00 for a fifth week in the month. He told them he would take care of it soon. That was not good enough for them. The people who have called have been rude, screaming at him on the phone, threatening him, insulting his intelligence and being generally disrespectful. Recently they even called his Mother who has nothing to do with the contract and lives on the opposite side of Florida and harassed her about the $60.00. In fact they called her before they told him! Today I woke up to see 8 missed calls from the company. I apparently am listed as an Emergency contact on the documents. I don't know about you but I don't see a $60 discrepancy as a reason to call an Emergency contact. If I had gotten the calls, I would have cussed the people out and threatened them! He paid the $60 today to keep them off his back. Taking advantage of disabled people is bad enough, threatening them and harassing others not connected to the contract over $60 is unethical, illegal, immoral and will result further action. I am advising my friend to re-finance the vehicle, and I am pursuing other punitive measures toward Flamingo Financing. Be Advised: This company is guilty of robbery, harassment, and immoral activity!

Comments

• Gr
      2nd of Oct, 2007

Not sure if you got my E-Mail but my gosh I know the pain. They are horrrrrrible. I hate them. Everything you said is what is happening to me. I was just starting out on my credit a year ago and man they got me. But yeah rude , illegal crap. But my parents are paying it off this week cause they can't believe how bad they are. Everyone BEWARE of these crazy people. North Lauderdale , Plantation , MIAMI! stay away from Flamingo they are crazy. Car Plaza and all of them.

• Be
      15th of Oct, 2007

Flamingo Financing is horrible. I actually just got off of the phone with them. About two weeks ago I made a generous payment of $500 to try and quickly pay my account down. I asked the rep how much I owe to finish paying of my account and she gave me a total of a little more than $600. I called the local office today to confirm that total and Bobbi (I made sure to get a name this time) quoted me $1167.67. That's definitely not the quote I received two weeks ago. Anyway, FF has made my life a living hell for the past three years. They even repossessed my vehicle in March '07. They had my vehicle for one day and reported me to the credit bureau has a 'repossession'. I have been trying to trade the car in since having it for about a year and a half, but everywhere I go, including the dealership where I bought the vehicle, said that I owed too much on it and that I actually had negative equity b/c the car wasn't worth much. But here's the punchline, now that my car is almost paid off they keep sending me this flier in the mail saying they will give me $2000 towards a new vehicle if I trade my car at one of their CarPlaza dealerships. Nooo Thank You.

• Me
      29th of Nov, 2007

I had the same issue with my credit and I needed a car to get back mad forth from work I went to coconut creek Saturn for help and they could not approve me with other company. Flamingo was the only company to approve me I accept the offer but that one off the biggest mistake in my life' I was late for a payment and they could not get a hold off me so they starting to harass my mom and sister they call over 9 time for one day I was so upset. so I call the company and I never knew that customer service could be so badly played. They were rude, ignorant,they did not have any respect and they did not care I got hung up curse out and I never got a chance to speak with the manager. My sister she is a family lawyer and I told her to look in the matter for me and see what can be down so they wont a harass me or my family anymore. So wrote them a letter and call them a few times and spoke with the CFo and that did not change nothing I am trying to get out on this loan one was r the other.

12th of Jan, 2008

I have had the same problem with this company. Today they called my mothers house at 8 a.m, she is ill with brain cancer and they keep telling her that my car is stollen. When i spoke to a rep. ??Robin?? he told me my balance was $1. My father spoke to them also several times and told them over and over not to call his house and take his phone number out of their system due to my mothers illness and yet they continue to call over and over again.

• Ry
      17th of Jan, 2008

BIG NEWS!
    FINALLY A GOOD FOLLOW UP, MY FRIEND WAS ABLE TO RE-FINANCE WITH MAROONE DODGE AND HE NOW HAS A 2008 DOGE CALIBER. THANKS GOD HE FINALLY WAS ABLE TO FIND PEOPLE WILLING TO HELP HIM. WHEN HE CALLED TO TELL THEM HIS INTENTIONS THEY SAID "TOO LATE YOUR STUCK WITH US" (WELL GUESS WHAT FLAMINGHOLE FINANCING HE IS NOT STUCK WITH YOU FOR ONE MORE DAY!) SHAME ON YOU AND I WISH DESTRUCTION AND BANKRUPCY UPON THIS COMPANY AND EMPLOYEES!
    RQK

• Ry
      3rd of Feb, 2008

Unfortunatly I have a follow up:
    On Jan 15th my friend John went to Maroone Dodge of Pembroke Pines, looking at trading in his old 2003 white Hyundai Elantra which he had purchased from Car Plaza in Ft. Lauderdale (a second chance credit repair car sales company) The original financier on that car was “Flamingo Financing” a notoriously unethical company that takes advantage of people with poor credit and harasses, lies and rips people off in general. I have been trying to help him refinance or otherwise get away from that company. On Jan 16th, my friend and I were approved to take home a 2008 white Dodge Caliber after I co-signed with him to help him out. I would first like to point out he was shown a different, black version of this car with more options on it. When he realized that the black car was not going to work for him, John tried to leave the dealership however the salesman Tom Lateste convinced him he would get him into a “nearly identical” Caliber (the white one I mention above). The next day (Jan 16th) we both went into the office and signed the papers and drove off leaving our old car with them. Only when we got into the car to drive away did we realize this “identical car” had NO cruise control, power locks, power windows, or mats! We let it go, just happy to be out of our old predicament.
    Two weeks past and on the 29th of January we received a call that we needed to go back in to resign some papers to “make the bank happy”. The next day (30th) we went in, were greeted rather coldly by Tom, who brought us to meet a Finance Manager. This manager proceeded to tell us that the banks had not approved the loan, or rather that one had, but was charging an additional $5,000.00 (they called it a security fee) that the dealership could not legally pass along to us. Due to this, the dealership wanted us to come up with the $5,000.00 or an additional co-signer. We told them that they knew from the beginning what our situation was and that we had told them in advance neither of these were an option for us. We are both disabled, John does work and I am still a student working for my Bachelor's degree, however while collecting SSD benefits you cannot make over a certain amount without being penalized. So I asked what other options we had and he continued to simply restate the same thing a different way. In the end we grew tired of his inability to come up with a real solution, so we told him we would have to return the car and have our old one back. We were upset that after two weeks, 2,000 miles, 9 credit runs through banks and getting someone's hopes up they would then lie to us to bring us in and tell us we had to give it back. I described it as giving a kid a Christmas gift and then returning it a couple weeks later because it cost too much.
    We went outside to call for advice, I told my mother who knows some attorneys so we could get some advice. She was quite upset at what happened given the fact that 2 weeks had gone by. She spoke with the Finance Manager who basically unloaded the same crap on here and tried to beg for more money, once the man realized that the dealership was going to lose our business, he scrambled to tell his general manager Jose Hernandez. Mr Hernandez was initially apologetic and said they did indeed drag there feet. We were then however once again feed the same story about the bank wanting an extra $5,000.00 in security. I was dumbfounded as to why they would ask for more from us as he had told us they were restricted from passing that cost on to us anyways. We were told we would not be charged for mileage on the car we had been given, and that we would receive all our money back. However we were still being pressured into getting a CHEAPER USED car from them, at this point we wanted nothing more to do with them. We were then told the most astounding information I had ever heard! Halfway through this ordeal, after a week of being denied by banks, they had a sale and SOLD our trade in vehicle! They had no title, the old financing company account for it was still open, yet they SOLD the car to some other guy. They claimed that the people understood that they would have to give back the car in the event we were denied financing. At this point I decided we should leave and told them to give us a couple days to decide what to do. I told them we were VERY unhappy with there business practices. I finally heard back from my mom who by now had talked to an attorney. She told us that the Dodge dealership in Sarasota claimed the Maroone dealership was pulling a scam known in the business as a “Bump”. I also identified “Bait and Switch” as one of there practices. We spent the day researching what was going on and had mom call Mr. Hernandez (GM) back to let him explain what was going on. We had to have Hernandez fax documents to her because he had never given them to us. When mom asked him why they sold our old car, he flat out denied that it had even left the lot, he alluded to us having more money than we told him, he was very rude personally to her and eventually got flustered and hung up on her.
    At this point John was very upset, as his brother had committed suicide a few days before, and they were very close, this whole ordeal took a heavy emotional toll on us both. To keep the peace I took over negotiations, I called Mr. Hernandez back the next day and told him I was extremely upset with his lies and the way he spoke to my mother. I told him we had been called in on a lie to tell us we were being denied, that it was wrong for them to sell our car, that we demanded our full amount of money back in CASH as we would not wait for a check to clear and this was how we gave it to them. (We also did not want to give them an opportunity to stop payment for any reason). I further demanded that our old car needed to be in original condition with all accessories including the car bra, Tom Tom mount, and that I would verify the mileage. He agreed to my conditions over the phone at this point but did not say much. He wanted to know when we would bring it in. I told him we would have to do it early on Saturday or on Monday.
    Saturday morning we drove over to the dealership in John's roommate's truck to check that they had our car and money before bringing in the Caliber. We walked in at 9am and were sent to see the original salesman who by now wanted to avoid seeing us at all costs. As soon as we saw him he got rude, defensive and threatening. We asked to see our car to verify it's condition, but instead Tom cussed us out and told us to leave! He told us “you can't keep our car hostage!” to which we replied “that is what you are doing to ours! We have your car but we want to see ours too we are not going to be screwed anymore!” We naturally called him an ### since he called us ###, and I asked him why he suddenly didn't want to deal with us anymore (he was so eager before). I was not even about to be cussed at by this conman so I went to the reception desk and asked for a senior manager and complained about Tom's abusive behavior. The lady was nice and apologized and said “Wellington will be down in a couple minutes”. Well a few minutes passed with no sign, but she sent me chasing down another “New Car Sales Manager” Gabriel Crown(?). Gabriel was nice to me and listened, intent on helping. Tom suddenly came up and interrupted saying I had cussed at him, to which I replied “No I never cussed at anyone, you cussed at us and lied to us so get out of my face and shut up”. His manager told him to drop it and go away. Gabriel spent some time on the phone, probably with Mr. Hernandez, and then gave me his card, telling me the car is not ready yet but just give us an hour and it will all be ready. We left and waited around for a couple hours , I kept calling Gabriel but he would not call me back to tell me what was happening.
    I got feed up and called Mr. Jose Hernandez back to ask what's going on? He abruptly cut me off right away trying to tell us we needed to be respectful and calm, I replied; We were calm and never cussed, your salesman did the cussing and we are sick of being lied to over and over! We are not going to be bullied by you or threatened by you, we are not afraid to take you to court for what you have done, this was never about our credit by your own admission you sold our car and waited 2 weeks to tell us! He continued to threaten us, saying if we did not arrive within 30mins he would have the car repossessed, and then hung up on us. So we got back in the car, and after asking the lawyer once again what we should do, we were advised to have police there to mediate and ensure nothing more was done to us. We were met at the dealership by two Pembroke Pines PD officers. It was apparent that even though we had called them, Mr. Hernandez had already tried to smear us saying untrue things about our behavior and the situation about the car. We were at first told that our car was still not there and that it would not be until late in the day that we'd get it. After we spoke to the police for a while, they began to understand what was really going on, we explained that we had been there since 9am, had been yelled at, threatened, lied to, called degrading names like ###, ###, white trash, and otherwise abused and conned by these salesmen.
    Mr. Hernandez came out and said the car would be there in 15mins at this point, he inspected the car and to his dismay could not find anything to charge us for. We asked for and with the insistence of the police officer Mr. Hernandez reluctantly went to retrieve the document showing the original number of miles on our old car. Well 15mins came and went, we chatted with the officer who at this point was having a friendly conversation with us. He finally asked his partner if it had been 15mins.... yeah it had been, so he went in to find out what was going on. Meanwhile we are standing out in the heat in the parking lot, this goes on till 1pm. Finally another very unhappy customer pulls up in our old car and starts to unload it, (and I really mean unhappy!) I took pictures of the car as they were unloading it, no wonder the poor guy was pissed he had just got the windows tinted! Clearly they told this other customer absolutely nothing! He had also been called to come in based on a lie and exploded at the dealership on the spot as they told him he would have to give up our car! As you may remember I demanded CASH and specifically not a check, but we got stuck with one anyways. This was unfair because once again they reneged on an agreement. As John went inside to enter his pin number to receive $100 back on his debit card a group of salesmen including Tom Lateste stood in the corner snickering and calling him names.
    Our car now had 500 miles more than when we dropped it off. The worst part of this whole experience was the threats, constant lies, defamatory comments, and blatant disrespect they had for us. Had they been honest, forthcoming, apologetic, professional or kept there word, I would not feel compelled to expose this business for the unethical, bigoted, lying, unprofessional bunch of con men they are. I am pursuing the possibility of legal action against them at this time. Since bringing this story to others, I have received numerous other complaints about Maroone car dealerships. It is apparent that Maroone does not care about customers, they only care about themselves and there money, to the harm of there reputation. My complaint is focused on the actions of Jose Hernandez, the GM of this dealership who threatened, degraded, lied and tried to scam us while allowing his employees such as Tom Lateste to abuse us and call us names. Tom Lateste should be barred from selling cars due to his aggressive, deceitful sales tactics and his bigoted comments. We are STILL stuck with Flamingo Financing (bottom feeders of the bottom feeders according to every car dealership I've spoken to) right now, but thanks to my generous family, within a couple weeks we will hopefully be rid of them too!

• Je
      8th of Feb, 2008

I to am financed thru Flamingo and have endured many of the same complaints. They continue to call friends and my work. And they call them even before I get a call. I dont know either what to do in this case, but was very interested that I am not the only one in this situation...

• Ke
      16th of Mar, 2008

I completely agree with all above statements. When I first purchased the car, I was told that I would be able to make bi-weekly payments or even every three weeks, as long as my payment was made by the end of the month. Boy was that a lie. I get harassed every couple weeks and threats from a man who claims he in the corporate office, who has no respect for anyone, one particular instance he told me to "have a good day and I'm not guaranteeing anything" but his tone of voice was unbelievable. I couldn't believe it. I called back and spoke to someone else and this man doesn't even make note he makes any calls. They always call people other than me first (and like 7 times a day). They weren't even given the numbers for contact numbers, they were only referrals of friends, family, and co-workers. It was interesting to know that they act like this much more than just to me. Anyone who is looking for a good financing company, Flamingo Financing is not for you. They are unethical and have very poor, unorganized customer service.

• Mi
      30th of May, 2008

The Chevy house tried to change how much money I made on my job so I could qualify for the a car at the chevy house in GAinesville Fl. Those guys said Flamingo doesn't care they finance you if you do this. I said no and left.

7th of Aug, 2008

very very very rude people they even admit that they are because they said thier dealing with trashy secondary peasents.

• Cl
      21st of Nov, 2008

PLEASE REPORT THEM TO THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU http://welcome.bbb.org/
    THIS IS THE SITE

PLEASE

everyone we cannot let this go on ...it is up to us to do something about this company, to stop them, if everyone reports them maybe something can be done.

1st of Feb, 2009

OMG!!! I too have Flamingo Finance and it is an absolute nightmare. I went to the North Lauderdale Car Plaza and they put me in a 2003 Elantra. My payments are due on every Friday, eventhough I asked that my payments be on Saturday. If my payment isn't posted by 8am on Monday, these people begins to call every reference that I listed. Please keep in mind that they call me last and sometimes not at all. They are rude, nasty, unprofessional, and every other negetive work that you think of. But oh thank God, cuz I have listed people as references that curses these people out each and every time their number show up on their caller ids. My references has cursed Flamingo Reps out so bad that they wont even call them anymore. Eventhough Ive had this car now for over a year, I still owe these people over $5000 and can't even afford to pay it off any faster. Im praying to God that the word gets out on these people and eventually they end up going out of business or something just as negetive as they have treated us all and their many other customers. Just because we have low credit scores?, , , O MY JESUS

• Ki
      12th of Feb, 2009

Please go to this link

I swear to you it works I was so sick and tired of Flamingos junk I couldnt take it anymore I have never been treated so harshly in my life Im not some dead beat debtor who doesnt pay my bills I only went to Flamingo because I had no credit at all and the debt I had was hospital bills $50 grand so noone would give me credit and I had lost my car in accident so I had no choice really

They called my boss, my friends, family me a zillion times a day I pay my bill every 2 weeks when I get paid I have for the past 2 years you would think they would take note of my payment history my boss wrote them a letter snt it certified and they still called I finally have had it I started searching internet for help and found these laywers let me tell you how easy it was to get Flamingo to back off!!!

FLAMINGO FINANCE HAD TO PAY MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE FOR HARRASSEMENT GOTTA LOVE IT!!!

I PAID NOTHINGGGGG all I did was filled out complaint they handled everything after a month they contacted me said they received a settlement which was 6 grand they got 5000 I got a thousand but hell I didnt care flamingo stopped calling me starting making sure I got all the papaerwork I requested with original contract payment history everything so it was worth more than the money I received

I only owe a few thousand left and I will be glad when its over the funny part is I just made a payment today 1 week late ofcourse but I payed them with there money what a bunch of jerks also if you go to BBB you will see they have a D rating I dont know how they stay in buisness I think everyone who reads this should sue them see how they like being harrassed

I hope this helps another person out there

• Wp
      23rd of Feb, 2009

I financed 2 cars through Flamingo Finance (WPB office). They were very nice, I nerver missed a payment. But the problem that I had was that they were not showing on my credit report when I went to 3/5 dealerships. I would go somewhere and they would come back and dbe like "We want to sign you up for our 1st time buyer's program." I would tell them that I had 2 cars through Flamingo Finance and the other dealership showed it. The problem is that they turn in your payments quarterly or whenever they feel like it to the Credit Bureau. Maroone Cadillac (WPB) did the EXACT thing to me, but they weren't rude. They told me that they had me financed and that I needed to come in. I came in and they car that I was trying to buy was being sold to someone else! So what was I being financed for? Not only that! The company that I was supposed to be financed with called my job and spoke to my manager and got the whole run down. So, I didn't want to have anything to do with them after that. I week later they called me and said they had me financed for another car. I went again told them which car I wanted to be financed for. And to this day (9months later) I haven't heard anything from them!

• Da
      20th of May, 2009

These people are horrible!!! I'm behind 2 weeks and Ms.Lynn told me if I don't pay for the car how was I take my 6 month old baby to the hospital!!! now the problem is... why do they have to say anything to baby??? wow how rude!! these people have me in a lot of depression!!

• Sp
      16th of Jul, 2009

Folks I have been dealing with this piss poor company for almost 3 years, now and everthing that has been said was done by them, On the flip side i Did however report them to the BBB, and let me tell you, Once they got the letter from BBB i got a very abrupt phone call from a Miss Lisa the eledged head or boss or whatever, She talked to me like the nicest lady youll ever meat, they worked with me and now they never call me late or not, they put me head on my payments for my trouble, Although ever since then when you call to make payments the recording says if your name begins with Nei ( like mine ) press 1 otherwise press 2 that started after i complained so then i was unable to make my payment. So Back to Miss Lisa who gave me her personal phone number, i call here and she told me it was a problem with the sysem well its been a problem for like a year now, go fiqure?
    I have till Feb 2010 AND I CAN NOT WIAT TO GET THIS THING PAID FOR!

JUST SO YOU KNOW THE BBB DOES WORK AND IT WORKS FAST!!!

• Re
      18th of Sep, 2009

FF is the absolute worst loan company I have ever dealt with. The other day I dealt with a pleasant person and worked out a payment option because I lost my job. Money is tight and I am working on that. I paid a month of payments and I had two more weekly payments to get caught up. I called today to make a payment and she was so very rude. She stated that if I make the one of two payments they can still come and repo the car. I asked her how they make money on loans and she said that most people that make their payments are on time but we would make money on your car going to the auction. LOL Some people take their job so personal and when you give a person that has never had power like these people they abuse it. I said listen I don't car I just want to make a payment.

She says, "I am going to end this phone call with you don't care and I will put your car in repo." WOW, I hope she comes to personally get it because I HAVE A FEW CHOICE WORDS FOR HER! I WILL BE GOING TO THE PRESS ABOUT THIS, AND IF NOTHING IS DONE I WILL KEEP TYPING. THAT IS IF I CAN GET THERE WITHOUT MY CAR GETTING REPO'D BECAUSE OF ONE WEEK $60.00 LATE PAYMENT. THAT'S RIGHT SIXTY DOLLARS NOT ANY MORE. LOL. I have been a customer over a year by the way.
    The key to this story is I was calling to make a payment. I WAS MAKING A PAYMENT! NOT TRYING TO GET OUT OF ONE. IT’S BEEN LIKE THIS SINCE DAY ONE.
    I JUST FINISHED WITH THE BBB SO I HOPE IT WORKS

• Mr
      4th of Jan, 2011

Need cash URGENTLY? Bad debt? Bad credit record? Rejected by banks and other financial institution? YOU don’t meet the criteria to apply fora loan? NEED loans/financing for your personal or business?Fear not.We are licensed moneylender. We provide short/long term loan. Fast approval. 100% guaranteed.I loan money out to individuals in need of financial assistance.Do you have a bad credit or you are in need of money to pay bills?I want to use this medium to inform you that I render reliable beneficiary assistance as I'll be glad to offer you a loan. contact us via email, allenblackhorse.loan@gmail.com