Flamingo Car Group (Mirmar) / Lemon/Poor Salesmanship

1 9799 Mirmar Rd.San Diego, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-407-0287

Back in October I purchased car from this dealership.

First off the car was a lemon, a week and half of ownership the car shot spark plug out of the engine causeing considerable damage. Dealership in return too fix problem did temporary patch job inserting helacoils into cylinder with out explaining job too me. Which 3 monthes later caused same problem, except warranty ended ( at just the right time) and caused myself to personnally spend $6,600 for a new engine and installation.

Secondly did not honor financial agreement with my financial instituition of choice, and added extra $1,200 too agreed amount for an extended warranty which is usless, cause when I called the warranty company they stated that the warranty did not cover the spark problem and did not pay for a new motor.
On top of that the finance institute they placed me too with out in forming me had a longer pay period and higher monthly fee. They had lied straight too my face on the financing.

Third, I traded in my old car which they sold a month after trading and waited two and halfs too give me a check for that car too pay off the remaining balnce on the loan. This in return caused my credit score too go down cause I had missed a payment with my bank in which I thought Flamingo had taken care of and sent the check for. Later upon investigation I found they waited so long too send the check cause the main boss wanted too go on vacation and did not sign the check.

Fourth, when I went there a month after purchase of the vehicle and consistant phone calls, they acted as if they didnt know who I was and that the person who delt me the car never worked there.

In conclusion this is the worse by far encounter I have had purchasing a vehicle. I have owned 6 cars before and this tops the worse by far.

Ma

Comments

24th of Apr, 2008

I AGREE WITH YOU. WHEN SOLD ME MY CAR, MYCD PLAYER WAS NOT WORKING. IT WAS A 6 CD CHANGER. I COULDN'T PLAY ANYTHING IN IT. IT WOULD NOT TAKE ANY CDS. WHEN I HAD SOMEONE CHECKED IT OUT, THEY SAID IT WAS JAMMED, THEY JAMMED IT ON PURPOSE.
    NOW MY TRANSMITTER IS SLIPPING. I ONLY HAD THAT CAR FOR A FEW MONTHS.

• Ti
      28th of May, 2008

I traded in a vehicle and they have not paid off the loan for it. Now i am resposible for paying on the old and the new car. This dealership is horrible. They need to be shutdown.

• Pe
      18th of Sep, 2008

If you all have a claim against Flamingo Car Group You should contact the court of San Diego, Case# CD214383 they have frozen Flamingo account and they have asked if anyone has a claim against them. This is the time to get your money back fast.

• Da
      14th of Jan, 2009

Wow I was online trying to spread the word about Flamingo YEARSSSS ago. Because of them I have a judgement on my credit. I bought a $5, 000 car from them (an OLD Nissan Maxima that I could have bought for 1, 500) and was told it was in PERFECT condition. It kept stalling on me so I would bring it back only for them to do some cheap job on it and have it happen again.

Within 2 weeks the car broke down and both my bf & I at the time, lost our jobs because we didn't have a car! Luckily my bf kept ONE job and walked LITERALLY 10 miles a day during the summer in a suit just to keep his $10.00/hr position. My life crumbled even more and eventually they brought us to court and a judgement was filed against us. My bf, at the time, presented a POOR case, but it still is a drag, because regardless, we really got jipped BAD.

I'm not sure who any of you were dealing with, but we were dealing with Carl Romaner. We reported them to the BBB and EVERYTHING...but who knows what became of that? The only reason these terrorist scoundrels are still in business are because of their MAIN customer (the innocent military families that they feed off of). They know these families move a lot..so a lot of the time, before the car can break down..the family is already stationed in another state.

Whoever listed the case #...can you please contact me and tell me how I would get my money back? I doubt I can, but it's worth a try...or even if I can have it taken off my credit.