Flagstar Mortgage / fraud and cheating
My niece & her husband were never notified that their mortgage payment had increased ($300 per month) until they received a letter of foreclosure. When my niece called Flagstar to question the letter, Flagstar told her that her mortgage payment had increased 3 prior and all of their payments from those last 3 mos was sitting in escrow. So the person on the phone said to quickly pay Flagstar $2600 & those funds would be enough to settle the amount owed. So that's what she did. A week goes by & she received her $2600 back in a check form from Flagstar. She quickly called Flagstar and they told her that it was too late to reinstate & that the foreclosure process had already begun (of course, that's not what they told her). Now, they can only work with the Flagstar attorneys and at this moment they owe Flagstar between $17, 000-$18, 000 including payments owed, interest, fees, fees, and more fees. As a very concerned aunt, I have been searching the internet for assistance. We found a FHA sponsored site that directed us to [protected]-HOPE. They suggested that my niece & her husband work directly with the Flagstar loss mitigation department. As of today 9/18, Flagstar is NOT willing to work out their loan & is insisting on foreclosure. Does anyone know what else we can do??? My niece & her husband just had a beautiful baby girl 3 mos ago. They want to pay their mortgage; they want to keep their home!!!
More Flagstar Mortgage Complaints & Reviews
- Flagstar Bank - fishy? fraudulent loan and no one will help me! 
- Flagstar Bank - home lending division - 203k 
- Flagstar Bank - making home affordable - someday... 
- Flagstar Bank - absolutely terrible 
- Flagstar Bank - scam
- Flagstar Bank - billing and customer service.
- Flagstar Bank - wells fargo transition
- Flagstar Bank - mortgage
- Flagstar Bank VISA - discrimination in advertising 
- Flagstar Bank - missconduct / bad business practice