Flagship Merchant Services / Bait and Switch

United States, New York, New York Review updated:
Chadwick Creative Arts
New York
This company got me to sign up quoting certain fees and that there would be plenty of technical support available. After taking more money than they said they would out of my account, they refused to provide technical support with integrating their card taking interface into my company's web site. Their online documentation was apocryphal, bordering on a flat out lie, was completely out of date and providing absolutely no help whatsoever.

I challenged the set up charge with my bank and told them I would not continue to do business with them. That was back in July/August of 2008.

I recently opened up a new credit card processing account with a more reputable organization. In the process of taking an American Express charge, I was approved, but the money never made it into my account. American Express decided (after sending me a welcome pack with a merchant number) that they didn't want to do business with my company. I lost the merchandise ($225 worth) and found out it was because my company had been placed on the Terminated Merchant List or something like that. Flagship had abused this list just to take revenge on me! This is CRIMINAL! If anyone decides to put together a class action suit against these clowns, I'm in!

D  3rd of May, 2009 by
Looks like the processor that Flagship uses, First Data did this to you, not Flagship. Most people think that just because they got set up with xyz company, that xyz must do everything. That is not the case with merchant services. Most companies like Flagship are called ISO's or independent sales organizations. They partner with processors like First Data to facilitate the transaction processing. Flagship is an ISO for First Data I found and they do have some very positive feedback from many customers...
N  26th of Aug, 2009 by
I have also been done wrong in my opinion by First Data. First they solicit our business. we jump through all of their hoops and then...3 weeks later...they hold our payments...they paid them fine in the beginning and then all of a sudden, with no communication, just held our payments...to the tune of about 1000 dollars. Then when I called they Make up some ridiculous scenario about protection themselves. I explained that I had done nothing...I have had no complaints about my site...no chargebacks...not even so much as a declined card. But they claim they are able to hold our money, that they sure charged processing fees on, for up to seven months. They said this is because that is how long the credit card users have to file a dispute. I believe that they have a list of business models that they do not want to work with...and they knowingly allow you to start and then hold funds. Think of how many people they do this to and how many 1000 dollar scenarios there probably are. It seems very close to a scam to me. They are ruining hard working Americans Businesses and I agree with the poster that someone should start a class Action against them. Lets continue to pursue this and see where it takes us. Lets not take this from CROOKS like First Data. They have other shady practices also involving the payment mode in which they help you setup your site with ...then later ask for information that is not provided by THEIR option and tell you that if you do not have that information that they may have to terminate with you. It is shady no matter how you slice it.