FL MOVERS & STORAGE / Bad service

236 N. Federal HwyDania, FL, United States Review updated:
3.75
On November 2, 2008 after receiving several quotes from moving company�s my husband decided to go with a company called FL Movers to have our belongings moved from Florida to Arizona. FL Movers required a deposit of $450.00 to confirm the move paid on a company visa and then half of the cost up front the day they arrived. They were paid $1375.00 via the company visa again the afternoon of the 2nd Right away we started having problems the estimate we were given more then doubled and right away I told them to stop packing. The man who was in charge kept trying to go over it with us all the mean while telling his men to continue packing. At around 7:00 that evening they told us they would be leaving for the night and return the next morning to finish packing and loading. The next morning a different moving company arrived telling us that the owner sub contracted the move to them, my husband and I told them the rest of what needed to be packed and loaded and we were told it would be an add ional $1500.00 I told them I wanted all of my belongings and that we would NOT be using them to move. I was informed that all of the items packed and loaded the night before were in a warehouse in Ft. Lauderdale FL. Saturday the 15th he then told me they would be at my home Monday morning the 17th around 10:00 am and he needed an another $1800.00 cash or postal money order in addition to the remaining $1500.00 owed for a total of $3300.00. On the morning of the 17th two men showed up with our belongings and started unloading the truck after removing a few items the driver was contacted by Michel and told we needed to pay $3300.00 cash before anything came off the truck.
Ji

Comments

Fl
  1st of Apr, 2009
Rediculous customer - still owes a large balance for her move !!!
This costumer, Mrs. Lee has been nothing but a nightmare. Her husband was the one who made the reservation for the move to AZ with a sales rep and gave them all the information. When the movers arrived there had more than double the items on the list and the foreman gave him a quote for all the additional services. Mr. Lee was very nice and agreed to the charges. The men continued packing and then Mrs. Lee arrived. She started yelling and screaming, cursing our movers AND her husband for not disclosing everything they actually had.
Long story short, the Lees filled up an ENTIRE truck and still had items left over. We sent over a different driver to pick up the remaining items AT COST to us and put them all on their way to AZ. When out truck was about to leave the state of TN, Mrs. Lee called the office crying and screaming, stating she does not like it in AZ, she does not want to be there and she wants her items delivered BACK to FL. The manager explained to her that this will cost money since we had to stop the truck in mid route, unload her items and find another truck coming back and reload all her items. The manager asked her for this request in writing to make sure this is indeed what they want.
Once that was emailed over, the change was made. On the morning of delivery, Mrs. Lee stated to the driver that she does not have the remaining balance yet and that they need to wait. The men waited for her from 9am until 5pm. Finally, at 5pm, she asked them to come and unload. When the crew arrived the POLICE DEPORATMENT was awaiting at the Lees home. The DEMANDED that the driver unload some of the items, Mrs. Lee claimed were essential to her. The driver SHOULD NOT HAVE DONE THAT! IT IS ILLEGAL FOR THE POLICE TO ORDER A DELIVERY WITHOUT PAYMENT!!! Some of the items she asked be unloaded included a TANNING BED, very essential.
The remaining of her belongings came back to our storage facility. They DID NOT PAY A DIME on delivery and still have a balance. The manager tried calling them to make a resolution and they keep hanging up on him. We even had a furniture company contact us to tell us that the Less are behind on their payments to the items they purchased there and the want to come to out facility and REPOSES those items. Sadly, the items were delivered to the Lees, but they LIES to this company stating we had the items. So, they seem to not be paying many establishments for services and products, not only us.
Meanwhile, their bill keeps growing due to storage charges and public auction proceedings have begun.
We are still interested in resolving this amicably; however, they MUST remit payment for their outstanding balance immediately.
Mi
  1st of Feb, 2010
I had a good experience wih fl movers and storage, they got the job done in a timely manner. my rate stayed the same, my estimator Wendy was great.. I couldnt have asked for a better move!