FL Movers / BAD MOVERS!

Dania, FL, United States Review updated:

This company delivered the wrong furniture, never gave any notice they were arriving after having been asked several times to give at least 24 hours (i live in the city and needed to clear space for their truck) The second time they attempted to deliver my furniture, the truck was abandoned in ft.lauderdale and the driver took off with the gas money, leaving my furniture in an alley. They finally delivered it at 1am and recruited people off the street to help them with my things!
I have called repeatedly and have been told that the company is under new management giving me no civil recourse against them. This is a pattern with this company, when they get serious litigations put against them, someone steps down and someone else takes their place. TOTAL SCAM! I know have to go through Anthem Claims Management to get my lost, broken items replaced and i see from postings on here that that will be a problem as well as Anthem is apparently in bed with multiple llc moving companies.

Comments

Dj
  1st of Feb, 2011
I too was a victim of FL movers and Storage deceitful practice. Their low quote got them the job, then on moving day with all of my furniture and possession in their truck, they up the price. They moved our family and broke a few of our things. After months of back and forth with their "claim department" (which actually was a third party company they outsourced to), they were very rude and either denied or low ball most of my claim. After I asked the Southern BBB help, we reached a settlement amount. That was 9 months ago. They have not sent me any check. I called repeatedly and was told that the person in charge was not in. They do not call back even though I left a ton of messages with this so call "Person in charge." Now the dispatcher tells me they are going out of business and any payment would go though their bankruptcy lawyer but he doesn't give me that lawyer's info. He said "they" will contact me. When will that be I wonder?
Their website is still up. I put in for a "fake" move to see if I could reached someone. 20 minutes later someone called me back. After I pressed for information on my case, she said she doesn't know any thing about FL moves going out of business and that she has to check with her manager and will call me back. I'm still waiting for that call.
If you are looking for movers please save yourself the headache and frustration and choose a different one. Check with the local BBB for a more reputable one.