FJR Advisors / Scam and cheating

5000 Birch St. Suite 3000Newport Beach, CA, United States Review updated:
4.6
Phone: 602-231-6711

I purchased an ebook from FJR Advisors which was supposed to be locked from printing for 30 days. After 30 days we were supposed to be able to print the file. I contacted FJR by both phone & help desk & finally was sent a password to unlock the file. Unfortunately, I have no experience with locked files & do not know where or how to open them with a password. I asked for help & was told to check with Adobe Help to see how to do this. I looked in help & found nothing. I again asked for help from FJR Advisors but received none. All they have to do is email me an unlocked file instead of trying to figure out how to unlock the one they sent me.

The customer service contact, Heather Wilson, was not helpful at all. I filed a report with the BBB & they initially provided a response that implied that I was not smart enough to open their file. I responded to this and FJR Advisors never responded.

The ebook also mentioned a free 2 month web service for purchasers of the ebook. When I asked about this they acted like I was making it up. It is printed on page 244 of the book!

What a**holes!
Va

Comments

Fo
  21st of Nov, 2008
My experience with FJR associates almost mirrors your own Victor.

I was recommended to buy the book by National warranties Australia, who said that it works very well for them. So I got online and ordered a copy, expecting that my credit card would be charged $99 US. Imagine my surprise when three weeks later I get an e-mail from Frank Rhombasskus, (Frank Rumbauskas) advising that may free trial had expired and I hadn't sent the book back, and that they were planning to sue me for all kinds of things.

Like Victor, I rang their call centre and spoke to a particularly pleasant Young man who informed me that he was a call centre, that he would pass the message through to Frank Rhombasskus (Frank Rumbauskas) and advise of my call.

Irrespective of the issues relating to printing, or any other part of this scam, Frank Rumbapasscasts just lies as a matter of course. Unfortunately people like National warranties Australia cannot see through this and not only do they buy this rubbish, they then foisted off on their business partners, who have led to trust them because as a general rule they have good information.

On this occasion however National warranties failed miserably in warning that customers about Frank run ### cuss (Frank Rumbauskas) and his organisation selling rubbish such as cold calling is a waste of time or some such crap.

Anyone who would like to comment or support my view feel free to post your message here. I will most assuredly pass this page on to approximately 8000 Australian prospective victims of Frank rumba ask us (Frank Rumbauskas).
He
  22nd of Nov, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I learned of this post when a Google search of my name turned it up, so I looked up both of these customers in my system and want to set the record straight:

Mr. Gugo, we do not advertise that you can print our e-book. This is nowhere on our website. Instead, we ship the actual hard copy of the book to you, and our tracking indicates that you received it. Therefore your complaint is false and libelous.

Daemon, if you received a letter from us, here is why: You signed up to buy our product on a 30 day free trial. We tried to charge your card 30 days later, and it was declined 3 times. We sent you 3 emails requesting that you either update your credit card, or return the product. You ignored those emails. So we mailed you a final notice letter explaining that you need to either pay, or you will be sent to our collection agency. I do not know what kind of morals you were brought up with, but for normal people, if you order and accept delivery of a product and then refuse to pay for it, you are a thief.

I wanted to post here because these 2 people out of over 30, 000 very happy customers are the exceptions to the rule. There will always be dishonest customers who complain no matter what, and unfortunately our target market is salespeople, and there are a LOT of dishonest and unethical salespeople in the world who are out to take advantage of others and harm them in the process. These people are two examples of that.

Heather Wilson
Fo
  25th of Nov, 2008
Heather thank you so much for your input. For the record my credit card was hit twice not because it was declined but because there was one hit for the transport (postage and handling) and a second hit for the book/CD. Humorously, when you talk about 2/30, 000 happy customers can I suggest you do a somewhat wider search, where you will find without a single shadow of doubt that there are hundreds of stories out there about your organisation.

Whilst I do not care to accuse you of being a liar, or of adjusting the facts to suit the forum I can most certainly assure you that there are more than two of us.

I have accepted that I did not realise when I put my credit card details in that I would not be hit one time for $97 plus postage. This is my fault for not properly reading your website and I accept that. Can I point out that in all of the correspondence that I have found during my research into you and your organisation, that you are keen to go out of your way to make it extraordinarily difficult for people to return products by having multiple addresses over different websites. You constantly send e-mail which tells the receiver that they need to call one phone number to order something another phone number entirely to complain about something and there are at least three separate addresses involved in contacting you. This, Heather, is most definitely your organisation's fault.

I find it humorous that a professional sales organisation can use what one can best call intemperate and unprofessional language in dealing with customer complaints, such as mine when I quite reasonably asked why I was being billed for something that I had had in my hands for almost a month. The most appropriate way of managing my question, would have been to say "when you signed up you agree to a 30 day trial period". That was not done. Instead what I got was a half baked diatribe from somebody from the warehouse informing me that they were not passing my message onto Frank because he had "Important people" to deal with and had no time to deal with the likes of me.

In truth, Heather as I understand it from multiple people who have suffered at your hands one way or another, it is normal practice for you and yours to treat all of your customers in exactly that way. That is to say if you have a complaint we don't want to know about it.

Perhaps Frank might like to put his mind to doing a course on customer service, or handling difficult customers, or even (dare I suggest) handling objections.
Je
  18th of Jun, 2009
I have been double billed for Frank's Sales Mastery Program and this company does not reply to any of my 12 emails regarding this problem. My bank reversed the charges and now the vendor states it is a correct charge as it is a very noticeable double billing. I am not the kind of people who takes to being ripped off easily, so I will let everyone know that this company will not do business the right way!
Bi
  14th of Jul, 2009
I have recently had the same frustrating experience. I was so angry that I created a blog post about it called Frank J. Rumbauskas Never Cold Call Is a Scam. Please click this link to read more about it about my complaint on my blog at http://www.ultimatemlmbusiness.com/blog/frank-j-rumbauskas-never-cold-call-program-is-a-scam/.

You can go to Google and type the keywords "Frank Rumbauskas scam" or "Never Cold Call Scam" and you will see my blog post on the first page of Google.

It takes a lot to make me angry to the point that I would devote an entire to blog about it.

Frank J. Rumbauskas is what I call a dishonest thief who resort to tacky marketing methods to charge you more for the product than what he is supposed to. Like for example, those surprise charges on your credit card!!!

I just filed a claim of dispute with my bank to reverse those charges.
Tr
  3rd of Mar, 2010
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
Frank J. Rumbauskas is a fraud in terms of integrity. His sidekick's (Heather Wilson) illogical post is one for laughs. IMO, accepting any partial view of Frank J. Rumbauskas' book will trip an avalanche of junk e-mail. Again, Frank J. Rumbauskas exhibits a lack of ethos. He is a legend in his own mind and sadly, many people bought that "brand" hook, line, and sinker. He "was" a well-known author. Now, he is well-known for truly being on the cheap.
Ra
  9th of Sep, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I purchased the Cold calling is a waste of time & The sales mastery set from FJR Advisors on 8-6-10. I got a link to download the e-book wit the Cold calling is a waste of time, but did not get a change to download before the link expired. I e-mailed them asking for a new link, but I week later they e-mailed back asking what I needed re-emailed. I heard nothing else back from them except a response to return the items which I did & have written confirmation that they recieved them on 9-1-10 ( less than 30 days required in the guarantee ). They went ahead and charged my credit card on 9-6-10. They have committed fraud.
Ray Charpentier
Dj
  10th of Mar, 2011
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I really wish I would have read these comments before I (unfortunately) placed an order with this supposed "organization". Frank's "organization" absolutely REFUSES to provide any kind of response to the simplest of inquiries. I tried to create a support ticket but was never sent an email with the ticket number. I then went to create another ticket only to be informed that I had exceeded the number of help tickets (???) Then I tried to cancel the order. SURPRISE, they ignored that request too. Then I finally got an email from FJR - It was only to advise me that my order had shipped! UNBELIEVABLE! It is amazing to think how much of this would have been avoided with a simple response to my MANY requests. Customer service is apparently not part of Frank's vocabulary. I will certainly advise any and all people I communicate with to avoid this "organization" at all costs. DO NOT order from Frank.
To speak in Heather Wilson terms, there are a LOT of dishonest and unethical companies in the world who are out to take advantage of others and harm them in the process. FJR is a prime example of that.
Do
  26th of Apr, 2011
I signed up for the 30 day free trial and received the book and DVD. Before the 30 days had expired my card was charged not once, but twice. They have yet to reply to my emails and I cannot reach anyone by phone. Fortunately my bank is going to reverse the charges and in the end, I will get the products for free.
Fr
  31st of May, 2011
While my 30 day period has not expired yet, I can say that FJR's customer service is nonexistent. I was sent an email with a bonus link, that I could not open . They opened a support ticket, and I have not heard since.

I sent several emails to Frank's email address to ask for a little help in crafting my flyers. Nothing.

Anyone who has been in sales for more than an hour knows that customer service is the difference between professionals and fly-by-nights.

Unfortunately, this organization, while it offers some useful ideas, by its very unresponsiveness, is a consumer's nightmare, and I will not recommend it to either my Linkedin network, or the groups I belong to in Houston. I will add it to my blog as weell.
Jo
  9th of Apr, 2015
I had a horrible experience with these guys. They lie and are very hard to do business with. Stay away or get info elsewhere.
Kk
  12th of Jul, 2015
Yes, I fell under the same circumstances, I received the book and then returned per the instructions with all the information ; tracking # proof I mailed to address they provided and filled out the form they provided with all the information and submitted 4 service tickets no response at all. I have called on numerous occasions voice mail, left message but no response at all. That was 2/2015 and just wrote it off as a bad experience, however, I filed a complaint with the CFPB but since has nothing to with trade can;t help.
Pa
  8th of Dec, 2015
Frank has a new trick up his sleeve, all contact to him and his supposed team does not exists, the banks can't even get through to him. The scam this time i that you buy the book then are taken to some page with a video, he talk some nonsense about master mind and there is a link below that says continue, if you click that link you are charged a phenomenal amount, in my case £131.23 for nothing. It is total scam. I have report this to my bank, and also to his hosting service it is a disgrace. The phone number given to my by my bank was dead and you get no response if you email him. What a total loser.
De
  16th of Jun, 2016
I ordered Frank Rumbauskas' "LinkedIn Selling System 2.0 on April 4, 2016 and paid for it in full by credit card. I have received an email invoice from the company verifying my attempted purchase and payment in full. After a number of emails and USPS attempts to get this matter resolved, as of June 16, 2016, I have yet to receive the product or a response from Rumbauskas' company. From my experience and what I've now read on the internet, my conclusion is that the company must be a fraud!
Denny Shorett