FixFlash.com / non-payment

1 Peru Review updated:

I worked for this company and am a qualified technician; however they did not check any of my references essentially allowing anyone in your house. They are not located in Miami FL as they advertise, they are in Lima Peru, and those people are the ones that provide the remote service. They are not qualified and do not hold valid certifications. They did not pay me for any of the work I did for them, I can provide proof.

Review the following article for a very detailed look at the inner workings of this con-artist firm.

/URL removed/

Comments

• Ni
      10th of Jun, 2009

i work for Fixflash too, this company is just great. They keep me busy and pay me on time. If you got fired, I don't think you should not waste your time talking about this serious, reliable company. I'm sorry but I believe you should MOVE ON and try to find a real job.

Good luck

• Wi
      10th of Jun, 2009

LOL, Yea you talk just like the people in the call center. Nice grammer! Are you sure your not working for them in Lima Peru? Are you sure your not instructed by Jorge Otte to respond to complaints about his unethical firm? A natural born american citizen does not communicate like that. Also I'm not the only tech that has problems with this firm. Keep googling buddy, you have a ton of patch work to do.

7th of Jul, 2009

Dude, you need to get a life.

Try to find a real job. "your comments are just preposterous "

• El
      8th of Jul, 2009

First of all William, you have a lot of nerve talking about how people speak- and write - considering it's "grammar" not "grammer", secondly it's "you're" not "your not".

Thirdly, you seem like quite the proud American, but also a little paranoid. Whatever this company did to you, or you think did to you, forget about it. Move on because I am sure they are doing fine and have forgotten all about you.

10th of Jul, 2009

Excuse me I have a real job. I am a computer tech specialist at a regional high school. The school houses 30 servers consisting of Altiris deployment, Mac server, multi-cast video distribution network, ipass data-base management Linux server, 8e6 Filters, juniper firewalls, VLAN modules, etc. I also maintain personal home health care clients along with computer consulting. This company is a scam, and I’m here to advice the consuming public of its decisive tactics. I'm not the only person who has had issues with this organization. Please don't patronize the reality of the situation with speculative rhetoric. The company has several different names, has a shell location in Miami Florida that forwards jobs to Lima Peru. No tech which is employed holds Microsoft Certification. Try googling fixflash scam or geeks on site scam or peruveloz or George Otte

• As
      10th of Aug, 2009

I work for them as of now. I do get paid on time. I was hired with them as a private contractor and I work in the Spokane WA area. Thus far I have had no problems with them. I have worked with them for almost 4 months now. The people that I talk to over the phone do not sound like they are from the US. I think they use Skype for their calls. I sometimes have a hard time getting a hold of them. So far they seem like a pretty good company to work with. I now have more clients and more work. I really do hope that what I have found out on the web about this company is not all true. I really do not want to be associated with a company like that.

• Dg
      27th of Aug, 2009

Disgruntled ex-employees are dangerous when let loose on the public. But one commentator here was fired for stealing company information, and he is also fortunate to not be serving time in jail because the company chose not to pursue legal action. However, the statute of limitations has not run out, so it would be wise to cease and desist slandering the company/company owner. This is not a threat; simply a fact.

27th of Aug, 2009

yea ok

• Fu
      28th of Aug, 2009

I was a tech for them as well and I received a few payments from them. I can confirm that they didn't check out my references, the person I spoke to who was leaving the company that same day, just called me up after seeing my resume and offered me job to be a contractor for them. I worked for them for a few months and I received a few checks from them with no issues.

However, the location where I lived did not have a lot of customers. Most of the calls/texts I would receive would be for users who lived in another county/city and traveling that far was a concern of mine so things didn't work out. I had no real complaints about them at all. I do think they charge a lot for their services though. They're not bad, just ok. My two cents-:)

• Dr
      23rd of Sep, 2009

• Jb
      28th of Sep, 2009

Caught these comments because I researched the company- I am doing independent contract work for them- haven't had a problem. But now I cannot resist saying something. The thing I cannot figure out is why some of the complaints (on other sites as well) are so personal. Lots of company owners get slandered, its the nature of the beast- putting yourself out there I guess. But the reactions from some of you sound almost scary. I have trouble believing you ever really worked for this company- are you sure you are not just a crazy, ex-girlfriend? No successful, professional in the IT Field could possibly have this much free time on their hands.

• Jb
      28th of Sep, 2009

Finally, somebody said it!!! Some of you are downright creepy! I cannot imagine you being a technician ie actually helping people- I would not want you anywhere near my computer - with all my personal info at your fingertips? Not in this lifetime!

• Wi
      29th of Sep, 2009

I am a very busy IT professional and took care of what I had too. I ended up leaving a pen with my contact information at their clients house. Becasue of this their was something stipulated in the signed agreement that i would not receive payment for my calls. However they didn't say anything but kept sending me more calls. The only thing I can think of is they wait for a minor slip up to avoid payment of their techs. I have no relation to this company and chose them for extra income. The calls went fine and all I just had the issue of accidently leaving a paper with my contact info and penat this persons house and got mystery shoped and thats where these complaints come from on my behalf

• 12
      8th of Oct, 2009

"This is what happens when the owner of a company is a child molester and obsessive compulsive."

Not only that but he likes to have sex with the managers that work there. That is the only way you can move up in this company, and sadly if you dont, you will be fired someway.

• 12
      8th of Oct, 2009

.tyuhnbn

• Jw
      16th of Oct, 2009

I do not agree with these complaints. As a regular customer, I am pleased with the experiences I have had with this company. I have called them several times, so I have used both their remote service and onsite tech service. Each time, things have been good. They were actually recommended to me- and I will be recommending them as well. I cannot say enough good things about Fixflash/Geeks On Site!

• Kc
      17th of Oct, 2009

My Fixflash technician did a fantastic job for me. I was impressed by how good he has at explaining exactly what he was doing as he was doing it. Fixflash is a reliable company in my book. My tech was good, and he seemed happy with the company too. I did not get any negative vibes whatsoever.

• Sd
      24th of Oct, 2009

I had a bad experience with this company and I will never use them again. I called them one evening because my computer was going extremely slow, and one rep told me he could fix it remotely for 149. I was a bit cautious at first, but what the heck I decided to give it a shot considering it was very important getting it fixed. Well about 3 days passed by and my computer was still the same!!! Everytime they will work on my computer they will use Free software from the internet like Spybot, Malwarebytes, AVG etc!!! It turns out the problem was with the ram on my pc, and had nothing to do with a virus or a software related issue. I had GEEKSQUAD come and replace my RAm and i was good to go. The problem is, this company Fixflash or geeksonsite, did not want to give me a refund!!! I had to call AMEX and do a chargeback !!! They promise way too much for work they cannot do!!! I will never use this company again!!!
    I wish i would have done some research about this company before using them because there is some pretty hefty things going with this company.
    There is already an open case from the IRS for tax evasion for this company, if any of you have time please look into it. Mr. Otte only claims money run through the Fixflash enterprise. Please stay away at al cost

• Jw
      3rd of Nov, 2009

Fixflash is a great company in my book. I called the company and after explaining that I could not shut my computer down, it was running slow, and I thought a virus might have caused this, the salesperson set up an appointment and a tech came to my house that evening. After the Fixflash repair tech was done, I received a call from the company just to follow up. I felt well attended to, and I think Fixflash was a good choice. I signed up for the Fixflash monthly maintenance program. I would recommend Fixflash to my friends.

3rd of Nov, 2009

Fixflash does not advertise as "fixflash" in phone books they advertise as Geeks on site. I find it hard to believe that people with computer problems search on line when they are having computer issues. Most people would pick up a phone book, and in every phone book I've seen they advertise as "Geeks in Site" I'll attach the logo. The validity of the above posts remain in question unless they respond with how they obtained the company in question.