Fitness USA / False Advertising
I joined Fitness USA for the 2 months I was in San Francisco because their advertisements (in print, online, even on their walls) proclaim: "month-to-month only" "no conctacts" and "pay as you go", and because the employee I spoke with assured me that canceling my membership in 2 months would not be a problem.
After mailing a formal request for cancelation and numerous phone calls, Fitness USA informed me that I would continue to be charged a monthly fee for the next 18 months that is actually higher than the fee the employee told me I would be paying. I've been in phone trees, left messages, filed complaints etc. etc. Next week I will be unemployed and living 10 hours away from the location of this gym. When someone does answer the phone they are verbally insulting and claim ignorance to the advertising and customer service practices going on within the company.
More Fitness USA Complaints & Reviews
- Fitness USA - Lifetime Member 
- Fitness USA - Scam 
- Fitness USA - Cancelling Membership 
- Fitness USA - refund
- Fitness USA - Closing fitness center 
- Fitness USA - unclean facilities. closing facility without notice. not honoring refund.
- Fitness USA - membership and closings
- Fitness USA - facilities closed after promising "lifetime membership" 
- Fitness USA - Lifetime membership
- Fitness USA - Lifetime membership cancelled due to company closing.