Fitness Magazine / Sending me magazines i never subscribed to

1 3862 Sylvanwood DriveSylvania, OH, United States Review updated:
Phone: 419-841-6102

I subscribed to guide post magazine for my mother in february 2009.
Then all of a sudden i started getting fitness magazine in the mail now for the past 3 months.
I do not want this fitness magazine, i did not subscribe to it, i do not read it and i will not pay for it.
I don't want it even if it is free right now.

Makes me think of never subscribing to any magazines in the future if this happens.

Thank you for your help with this matter, paula

Comments

4th of Apr, 2008
    Fitness Magazine - They keep billing me for something i never ordered
    Fitness Magazine
    1716 Locust Street
    Des Moines
    www.fitnessmagazine.com

They kept sending me bills saying I owed them money. I wrote to them bc I cannot find their phone number ANYWHERE! Well finally after the 3rd note I told them I was going to press charges if they kept sending me bills. Well they decided to change it up & say that I ordered magazines for someone & bah blah. Well here the "gift recipient" was Blake Johnson. I cannot find the number anywhere & I wanna know who Blake Johnson is. I'd love to find their number but I cant find it ANYWHERE!

• Cr
      25th of Aug, 2008

I agree.
    I keep getting bills sent to a very old address for fitness magazine and I've never subscribed to it.
    The past owners keep tellilng me more bills show up but there are no phone numbers to contact them.

If anyone finds a number please post it.

1st of Sep, 2008

Fitness magazine did the same thing to me. There is no telephone number or contact information. I suddenly recieved a bill from no where demanding that I pay them for a full subscription price. The bill stated that I said yes to their subsciption in a marketing test survey.

Fitness magazine should be ashamed of the bait and switch scam that they are pulling and they should be reported to consumer affairs.

• Je
      3rd of Sep, 2008

The number is 1(800)-888-1181! They did the same thing to me and i was not about to send an email with my name and address.

• Hu
      15th of Sep, 2008

I found this on someone else's complaint. I hope it helps: I've used fitness magazine for years and it's been great.

I decided to dig a little deeper and did a reverse lookup using their address (in the White Pages). It listed a company called The Meredith Corporation that has a publishing company amongst other media companies. I called the number listed (515-284-3000) and asked for the publishing division for Fitness Magazine. The receptionist told me to call their toll free number 800-888-1181

18th of Oct, 2008

They obviously got my name from some old rented list, they are using my maiden name from six years ago. I think it is entirely unprofessional to send a bill with no customer service number. I called their center today from this number (thank you!) and the customer service rep was very professional. I am not happy with how they mined my information but I was very happy with the initial issue of the magazine and have decided to subscribe to it.

• Je
      23rd of Oct, 2008

I paid my bill weeks ago and I am still receiving bill notices in the mail saying it is overdue. I (like all of you) can't find a phone number anywhere!!! GGgggrrr!

• Vi
      12th of Nov, 2008

Fitness Magazine has really peeved me off.

• De
      29th of Nov, 2008

I am NOT HAPPY, I did not ORDER this Fitness Magazine. But they keep sending Me Bills. NOT RIGHT!

• Ju
      30th of Dec, 2008

about 2 months ago i received a fitness mag. and then a couple weeks later i received an envelope from them. didnt think much about it. i have gotten trial magazines before and i thought that this was the same thing. well yesterday i checked the mail and another envelope was in the mail. i opened this one. it sayed that i had an outstanding bill and i owed them about 40 dollars and some change. well i looked and looked for a phone number and i couldnt find anything on the bill or online and i happend to come across this website here and i read all the complaints and i came acorss "jessica" she had the number and i called them up and fussed and argued and complained and they kept saying that i owe them money. well after about and hour of ### at them they finally transfered me to the right person and they deleted the bill and my records. but then the s o b s wanted me to spend my own money and return the magazine that i recieved back to them. well after ### for another 10 min i told them that i would if they sent me a check for the cost of shiping and my time that i would have to take to send it to them. they finally said to hell with it told me to keep the thing. that is good cause i used it to start a fire in my fireplace earlier this month. so if yall get this some thing in the mail dont give into them. later on justin...their number...1-800-888-1181 hope yall dont have to use it but incase that you do here is their number and thanks jessica

• Ta
      29th of Jan, 2009

i keep getting theses bill for this magazine and i never got a magazine

• Sw
      16th of Oct, 2009

SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME! THESE LOW LIFES! I SWEAR, I HOPE THIS COMPANY GOES TO HELL!

• Sw
      16th of Oct, 2009

I will never have anything to do with this company again. The no phone number thing really really pisses me off! 1800-888-1181 The lady that answered the phone played stupid untill I threatened the law! GOOOOOD LUCK! I will never, NEVER buy this magazine because of this!

21st of Aug, 2010

Well, 2 years later and seems that they are still up to the same games. I was attempting to enter a contest from Fitness magazine via their sister company Better Homes and Gardens (which I DO have a subscription to), and before I knew it, I had been subscribed to Fitness. Now I'm sure it may be a fine magazine, but I have magazines up to my eyeballs and I don't need another subscription. I called the 800-888-1181 number and was told it takes 24 hours to enter their system, so I will try again tomorrow and will see what happens. And from now on, I'll be careful about entering sweepstakes and contests fro the Meredith Corporation (especially since I was so careful to uncheck the boxes about emails, newsletters and such from their partners).

• Ri
      20th of Dec, 2010

i got slamed with fitness stupid scam mag too. ive only given my info to amazon.com and ebay sellers ? i did fill out one survey for walmart. did any of you buy from crappy lil sellers on amazon or ebay a match might be a likely suspect...i would like to know were they got my info. but anyone can look up endless us postal, or state auto or tax info the databases for name and address are endless. even my us bank and the mn D.M.V. sell our private info all over. i called us bank and asked your giving my private info out all over. whos responsible when somone scams my credit or money market account after you gave them the info to do so ? scammers will mess with the wrong crazy AAA+ credit obsessed bada** . and wont live long to regret it...What I.D. theives i send them to forest lawn memorial gardens . R.I.H.

• Ca
      14th of Feb, 2011
    Fitness Magazine - I didnot order It

I got a bill saying that I order fitness . I did not . They said due is payable on receipt. I do not want this book. It happen befor . I don't want it to happen agin. Thank you for your time in this matter.
    Carol

• Mh
      19th of Feb, 2011

I bought a Pilates DVD at Target for my daughter last Christmas. With it came a 15-month subscription to Fitness magazine. This month (month 13) I received a $9.99 bill. The Customer service girl Malina was very helpful in cancelling the subscription after the initial period is over. I think it helped that the name on the bill was my daughter (magaines were addressed to her) and she is a minor. I did not have any of the run around mentioned in other posts. I do have a very hard time with a business billing without a contact number on the bill and with a policy of automatic renewal. I wouldn't have been able to fix this so easily without some of your help finding their 800-888-1181 number. Thanks.

• Em
      20th of May, 2011

I subscribed through one of their initial offers (though I too am unsure how they got my name), and I wasn't unhappy with the magazine overall. However, I decided I would not continue to subscribe once my term ended. But ever since my January issue, I've been receiving notices that my subscription was about to expire. Those notices turned into "bills, " the most recent one saying my payment was due two weeks from now. I think it's a terrible policy to have "automatic re-enrollment" without making it clear who to contact to GET OUT of your subscription-- and then making you sign into their website to get information about customer service (although I tried, and couldn't actually log in). I called the number 800-888-1181 and the representative was actually very helpful and told me that my actual subscription didn't actually end until July 2011 (it's May now) even though I've been receiving "notices" and "bills" for this stupid new subscription. Save yourself the hassle... don't subscribe to this magazine. I'll be keeping this number handy in case they try to scam me in the future.

12th of Jul, 2011

This appears to be the same case for many people who have subscribed to Fitness Magazine. I enrolled nearly a year ago. Towards the end of my subscription I received countless letters stating that it was ending and to renew. I had no intentions of renewing this subscription since I found Oxygen Magazine to be far better. Once I failed to renew, I started to get letters stating I owed them $9.99 for my subscription. These letters continued on for weeks stating that I was in arrears with the company for failing to pay. This irritated me seeing I NEVER renewed. Thankfully this post helped me locate the number seeing they have it NOWHERE. When I called the lady explained to me that it was an automatic renewal. I said to her that if it was an automatic renewal why was I sent numerous letters begging me to renew and I would get free gifts. She had no viable answer and asked me if I wanted to pay my balance. I told her absolutely not because I am not pleased with out they go about their business. She then attempted to get me to sign on for another year for only $6 and she would make sure that it was not an automatic renewal so this would not happen again. Um, that's a bunch of B.S. I said no and cancel my bill. I also explained to her that if this affects my credit in any way shape or form because my account was in arrears for something I NEVER agreed too or had I known this was an automatic renewal I would have never signed up for then I would be in contact with them for legal matters. Needless to say she canceled my subscription and told me to ignore the bill. WORST magazine business ever.

• Ka
      18th of Jul, 2011

They somehow subscribed me through a third party for the whole year, though I was supposed to get only 3 issues as trial for free. I had hard times with finding their number - but when I found the above one and called them, the lady turned out to be super ###. She almost didn't let me talk - kept on repeating "ok" with a demanding tone. She said that I can give magazines to library or beauty saloon or throw then away (as an answer to my question what should I do with all those issues that I never ordered but they kept on sending me them). It's more than weird - it's unprofessional and offensive.