Fitness Hub / unauthorized credit card charges

United States, California Review updated:
I rec'd a $29.95 charge on my credit card dated 7/2/09. I never purchased anything from these people. Upon calling I found out that I'd been enrolled into some on-line diet program after purchasing some water tablets from another on-line retailer. Their customer service people said that I didn't read the small print in enough detail and was automatically enrolled in this program. I had to get a supervisor to credit me back both the 8/3/09 charge that had apparently just taken place (unknown to me as I don't have that bill yet) and my 7/2/09 charge. They did credit me back my money and cancelled me out of their program. But, the entire thing was quite annoying.

Margaret - Alamo, CA

A  10th of Sep, 2009 by
After making an online purchase from GotBody.com, my credit card received a charge of $29.95 from FitnessHub. This is a scam allowed by GotBody.com, do not purchase from that website.

I have made many previous purchases from GotBody.com with no problems, then they claim that on my last purchase I agreed to a 14 day free trial membership to Fitnesshub, and if not cancelled they begin charging my card $29.95 per month. The email confirmation from Gotbody.com does not list a membership to a different company. Going through the Gotbody.com purchase system, there is never an agreement presented to the customer, and their customer service people cannot produce the agreement. I called the fitnesshub 800-881-9424 number and a processing agent in the Philippines immediately agreed to refund my card, leaving the charge on my account for no more than 30 days. Her manager Mona Alera in the US gave me the Fit Factory address of 305 W Broadway #114, New York, NY 10013, and said they are not responsible for the interest charges resulting from their charge.

I called my credit card company, they said this charge will have a dispute filed against it and I will not be liable for the interest charges, and the Visa representative said they do get many disputes against Fitness Hub and Fitness Factory.

Do not purchase from GotBody.com, they are one of the companies giving the credit card information to Fitness Hub and Fitness Factory.

Our company represents some of the Fit Factory programs which may show on a billing statement as Fitness Hub. Fit Factory is a companion program that comes with various Dietary products and I apologize for any misunderstanding that might have occurred when you purchased your dietary supplement(s) online. Fit Factory offers our customers live chat support with licensed Fitness Trainers and Dietitians, flash galleries for yoga and workouts, links to recipes and can also assist with menu planning. This program also offers a variety of diets for special needs that can be customized to fit your nutrition and/or weight loss goals.

All pertinent information is provided before entering any method of payment information for your supplement - this provides you access to all the terms and disclosures, as well as Customer service numbers for your product and the companion program(s) that accompany it, for greatest support and success with your product.

Customer service for Fit Factory can be reached at 1-877-407-1022 - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week - and they will happy to assist you in trying to locate an account and addressing your concerns.

If you are another customer that is reading this and you have already tried customer service, but feel that we have failed you in some way or you feel you weren't treated fairly please call me directly at 435-773-1795, or email me at customerservice@cshelp.org, I will be happy to address your concerns ASAP.

Online Customer Support

I entered this complaint the morning of Sept. 10, 2009. The folks at GotBody and FitnessHub are keenly aware of their deceptive business practices, and they posted their comment to my complaint within two hours after I entered it at ComplaintsBoard.com.

Here is email correspondence from GotBody.com

Dear Brittney (GotBody.com Customer Service),

There may be an already checked opt-out formatted signup on the last page, but this is after providing my credit card information for the agreed upon transaction. The signup is not part of the original transaction and you are not authorized to bill my card. I expect compensation for the interest accruing from my credit card company due to your unauthorized charge.

Your email states that GotBody.com is working on discontinuing your relationship with FitnessHub; however, complaints listed on ComplaintsBoard.com show GotBody has been aware of the problems since January, 2009, and possibly earlier. As of September 10, 2009, GotBody.com and FitnessHub are stilll in partnership and it does not appear that you are trying to end your deceitful practices.

--- On Thu, 9/10/09, Service wrote:

From: Service
Subject: RE: Contact Us Enquiry
To: k
Date: Thursday, September 10, 2009, 12:27 PM

Hello K,

I completely understand your concern. The corporation that owns GotBody.com
has decided to implement the Fit Club program on our website in order to
remain competitive. There is a program sign-up on the last page of checkout,
and it is an opt-out formatted sign-up. I apologize for any inconvenience
you may have experienced from missing it. I have no problem cancelling your
trial membership if it has not already been cancelled.

If you decide to order from us in the future, the option to sign up for this
program will not show up as long as you sign in with the same email address.
Our system is set up so that once you accept the offer you do not see it
again. Additionally, our management team is working on discontinuing this
affiliate program from our website. We do appreciate your business, and I
apologize for the hassle. Please let me know if there is anything else I can
help you with. Thank you. Have a wonderful day.

Yours in Health,
Brittney (GotBody.com Customer Service)

-----Original Message-----
From: k
Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2009 8:30 AM
To: service@gotbody.com
Subject: Contact Us Enquiry

Mail From K

Last Name

I am a frequent customer of GotBody.com and recently received a bogus credit
card charge from Fitness Hub or Fitness Factory after ordering from your
site. There is no agreement to pay Fitness Hub or Fitness Factory during
your order checkout procedure, and it is obvious your company intentionally
submitted this unauthorized charge to my card. I will no longer purchase
from GotBody.com.