Fitness First Singaporemembership not cancelled properly / unauthorized debit on my card

Hi,

I decided to cancel my membership with fitness first after 2 yrs because of worl reasons. A few months prior to my cancelation my membership was on freeze, last may i told the staff that i want to cancel but he convinced me to place it on freeze again for another month maybe i would change my mind and use the gym again. It was fine for me even that means i will pay 30sgd, then i asked if there is any penalty i need to pay if ever i will cancel after a month, he said none. After a month i finally decided to terminate it then i informed them about. Now they said i need to make a payment in full for july so they will concider it as the last active month before cancelling it. I talked to the manager from FF paragon here in singapore and we agreed that she will just consider june as the last active month but still the full payment should be made coz that is their standard practice. Since, i dont want to prolonged the agony of just cancelling it so i agreed. I dropby personal to make the full payment for june. Then last month july i rcvd a sms notification that i have a past due and i need to settle it asap. Who can i have a past due if i already cancelled it? Upon checking my bank acct, there are 30sgd and 18sgd deducted from my acct with no valid reason, worst it this month of august the deducted again 148sgd to my acct. It is really frustrating, i called the hotline to get assistance but they cannot do anything but to wait for the club reply. I emailed the manager i was talking to prior to my cancelation and until now for almost 2weeks i never get any response or resolution from them. They are throwing blames to others. I called the club and look for the manager several times but she is always not around, either on a meeting or she is outside the gym. They cannot give any explantion also on the deduction from my acct. I need a refund for the money they took and i want my membership to be cancelled. What should i do if the staff and even the club manager cannot help?

Ma
Aug 16, 2017

Comments

• St
      Oct 05, 2017

Yes!!! This exactly what happen on me now!!! My Fitness first centre is in The Curve, Mutiara Damansara. The Operation team leader keep deliver empty promise & no response to my emails and calls and still continuously charging my credit card for two months already! I am totally upset and super disappointed with their service and attitude! Where else can we lodge official complaint to the Fitness First HQ??