Fitness Club Fitness One / Defammation of character, verbal abuse

1 Shoppers World Steeles AveBrampton, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

Daughter was employed at this fitness club was terminated for uncaused reason.Paycheck held by head office purposely. She moved away to enroll in college As her mother she asked for me to pick up her pay check when the company finally decided to present one for her She worked for two months without ever getting paid. When I went to pick up her pay check was treated with threats and foul language Demanded a down payment to obtain the pay check It was not even a full paycheck for her .Was told never to enter the gym again and employee at the fitness club, manager chanted throughout the whole gym "Crazy ### " all the way til I reached the top of the stairs. Don't know now if my daughter will ever see the rest of her pay check.Or my deposit of 100.00 will be returned. Charges are pending on the manager and lawsuit pending on the fitness club.

Comments

• Ko
      8th of Jan, 2010

Fitness One is one of the SHADIEST companies I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. Anyone reading this, STAY FAR FAR AWAY. My girlfriend is currently dealing with an account that has been paid off for about 2 years that we are only NOW getting calls about saying she never paid them. We're getting sent back and forth between head office and the collections company, and she now has to deal with having back credit due to this incompetent company.

• Mo
      20th of Feb, 2010

Fitness One is a company filled with incompetent managers and employees. I was a member for about years and upon signing my initial contract, I was promised 3 free months of membership and a free t-shirt for bringing in friends of mine. No doubt these promises were never fulfilled. I left it as is because gyms are often known as "scammers". I made a second mistake by joining the same gym again just about a year after, again with promises of two free months of membership. The manager at the time said I would be able to use my vouchers at anytime so that out of my 12 months membership, I would only be required to pay 10/12 months. Upon the completion of my 12 month contract, I went into cancel my membership and since the manager had not noted on my file that I should have two free months, I was basically called a liar by the staff at the time and therefore, was unsuccessful with canceling my membership. I wanted to use my two free months towards the last paying of membership, instead of paying for it. I followed up by sending a letter to the head office and eventually had my 2 free months of membership honoured. My membership has still yet to be cancelled and I am still required to pay another one month of membership because Fitness One needs all the money they can get!

I will NEVER recommend this gym!!! The company is shady - go on their website and you will note that the head office's address and contact is not listed. Why is that???

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY WITH FITNESS ONE!

• Co
      18th of May, 2010

Fitness one is company of liars, my friend got enrolled two years back she visited couple of times but then she left but since then they are taking payments out of her credit card. When she called to cancel her membership they told her to visit personally. Every time she calls to cancel her membership they give her one or another excuse. So my suggestion is don't waste your time and money there, they will try to give you nice promises that " you will be loosing weight in one month or two month's. But once you give them your credit card number they will start collecting money from your account and there is no way you can get out of that trap.

• 15
      17th of Jan, 2013

omg, , , same thing happened with me. I paid for 2 year contract and only used for 2 monthes then the fitness one was shut down and i was given a number of customer service and no one answer the call and return the calls. I didn't know what to do? any one can tell where can I go and get money back and the person who owns fitness one should be arrested beacuse of taking money of memebers. please help, ,