Fitness Blowout.com / refusal to send refund on defective merchandise

CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: fitnessblowout.com
In March of this year, I ordered a recumbent rowing machine that arrived in April. After assembling the machine, I discovered that it had a defective (non-working) workout monitor and that it was at least two feet shorter than a standard rowing machine. After numerous, lengthy wait time phone calls, they very begrudgingly released their return address and said that I would be charged a restocking fee plus shipping (around $210). However, they did say that they would give a refund. It is now August 12th, and after numerous attempts to contact this company by e-mail and phone, (mgr. Dave Goss, Matt Roth, and Nic Hondel), I have still not received a refund.

If you need fitness equipment find a store near you who will be able to give you advice and service. I do not recommend dealing with this company. They are dishonest, deceptive, (they run out the 30 day hassle-free return guarantee by avoiding/ignoring your calls and e-mails and then charge you a penalty) and non-responsive to customer complaints. Keeping money for equipment that has been returned with their authorization has to be illegal and actionable. We have been more than patient but now is the time to take these guys to court. If there are any other disgruntled customers who are interested in filing a class action lawsuit...please let me know.

Comments

Ph
  7th of Mar, 2009
I just had a horrible experience with this same company. Crooks!!!
Dr
  12th of Mar, 2009
These guys are the absolute worst - AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS.
Bu
  16th of Mar, 2009
MAN DO I WISH I HAD READ UP and BEEN INFORMED ABOUT FITNESS BLOWOUT
we are a modest income family of 11-yes...we have nine children under 12 years old-all from one mom and dad-so we are just DIRT POOR in some people's estimation:)
so we splurged and bought a "cheap" model tread mill for our family to use-WE HAVE NEVER SEEN IT. PLEASE DONT USE THIS COMPANY.
PLEASE READ UP ON YOUR ONLINE PURCHASES_we had done extensive research and had looked at all the different models of treadmills-researched the item-NOT THE COMPANY
FITNESS BLOWOUT has not returned phone calls or emails-we pray they end up sending us SOMETHING but at this point we expect the very worst.
PLEASE READ UP ON THIS COMPANY if you DARE to buy from them
sincerely
the Bulluck Family
La
  14th of Dec, 2009
I bought a treadmill thinking that everything would be fine especially because they were very positive about their lifetime warranty. NOw that I've had the treadmill for about 3 years a couple of things broke and I needed a replacement power cord. They told me neither is included in the lifetime warranty when in my initial conversation they stated everything and anything would be included. I have agreed to pay the $60 for both things and it has been 6 weeks now with no delivery of the items. THe company is located in L.A. and I live in L.A. There is no excuse for the amount of time it takes to get a power cord and end caps delivered. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY THEY DO NOT ABIDE BY THEIR WORD AND ARE NOT A COMPANY OF INTEGRITY.
Ga
  15th of Mar, 2010
This place Sucks BIG TIME!!!
STAY AWAY!!!
De
  25th of Jul, 2010
STAY AWAY. FITNESS BLOWOUT WILL MAKE YOU REGRET PURCHASING FROM THEM.
Dw
  2nd of Jul, 2012
After buying a LifeCore 950 rbs I tried to get shipping schedule, talked to 2 different employees, Alex and Michelle, got different answer anywhere from 14-21 days for delivery, tried to cancel before it was shipped and they said there would be a re stock fee of 20%.
They financed bike but I never received details for financing.
DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY !!!
Au
  4th of Apr, 2014
I JUST REALIZED HOW BAD THIS COMPANY IS!!! Like many others on this site, I wished I had seen these reports before I bought my Life Fitness ellipitical, It arrived by cross country shipping, essentially wrapped in plastic wrap only. Needless to say, everything fell out in pieces when it was unwrapped. The so-called "certified, pre-owned machine had rust all over it, paint drip marks and smears, like a 5 year old did the painting. Who knows if it works because the control panel fractured into pieces.
Now they are telling me I have to pay to ship it back AFTER they fix it. Then they are going to deduct the outgoing shipping charges on top of that! I had to wait 2 weeks after it arrived at my local UPS Store for the "White Glove" delivery and set up. Now I will have to wait God knows how long until it is "fixed" before I can send it back.

Fitness Blowout Logo Fitness Blowout