Fit Factory / Fraudulent Charges

1 Las Vegas, NV, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1.866.407.1022

Everyone should be on high alert that AcaiNoni and Fit Factory are somehow working together on this great scam! I reported them to the Better Business Bureau today when all these mysterious charges showed up on my account totalling $196.75. Obviously NOT FREE! AcaiNoni claims they do not know Fit Factory.

Oddly enough as soon as I said the wor fraudulent - they credited all of there ridiculous charges, cancelled my account, and said have a nice day. I cancelled my credit card, reported them to security investigators, wrote a letter to Better Business Bureau, and now I am leaving word here...DO NOT BE TAKEN IN, YOU WILL GET RIPPED OFF FOR SURE!!!

Ja

Comments

12th of Nov, 2008

I, just like everyone else, signed up for the "free trial" of Acai Berry. I was only charged $1 for the shipping though. However, a week later (yesterday) I noticed a charge of $29.95 on my bank statement. God bless online banking! I immediately called my bank to file a complaint. I asked if there was any way (after reading all of the complaints on here) that I could stop the company from debiting my account again. They put a "stop-payment" on the merchant. (I suggest doing so yourselves.) I called this Fit Factory place (using the number on my statement) and raised holy hell! They of course said I that I signed up for a "program" and authorized this, and future, transactions. Like hell I did! I demanded they refund my money and refrain from any future transactions. I was sure to make them aware that I reported the fraudulent charge to my bank. I also let them know that there is a website (this one) dedicated (in part) to their fraudulent activity and bad business practices. They gave me a confirmation number so hopefully I will be seeing the refund soon! And by the way, I still haven't gotten the product either. I should've demanded my $1 be refunded too!!!

• Ba
      22nd of Nov, 2008

I have had charges of 39.95 from Fit Factory on my credit card. Last summer I order Acai Berry for free trial and did not realize this scam was attached. I have written my credit card company, but don't know the results yet. What a scam!!

• Ke
      26th of Nov, 2008

I, like all of you, have been screwed on all of this too. You know, we thought we were getting a great deal and look at what happens...they screwed us all over. I too had to call and get my money back for the acaiaslim and bromolite...but now when I try to call fit factory, the phone number is not working...what's up with that. So now I don't know what to do. I know I will never order from the internet like that again.!!!1

• Ri
      28th of Nov, 2008

well fit factory got me also for the 29.95 what a rip off beaware of this scam

• Do
      25th of Feb, 2009

I ordered a sample bottle of power flush for $1.99 and then received charges of $29.95 on my credit card for a Fit Factory subscription I never received. I call customer service immediately and demanded a credit. They credited the entire amount. Be firm!!!

• Gl
      5th of Mar, 2009

I ALSO GOT TAKEN IN . THEY WON'T EVEN ANSWER MY PHONE CALLS. SO I'LL TRY THE EMAIL METHOD. BUT I WANT MY CREDIT CARD REIMBURSED ASAP!

• Gl
      5th of Mar, 2009

same

• De
      9th of Mar, 2009

i am being charged every month fo 19.95 and did not recieve annything .

24th of Mar, 2009

I see a charge on my account for $29.95. I never visited that site before or know how they got my card number to charge me. I haven't signed up for anything recently. I was able to contact them at http://selfhelpff.com/billingInquiry.cfm . I am working on getting a refund now. I saw a charge description from WWWSELFHELPFF

It stated the following:
    Billing Services
    If a charge is appearing on your statement, it means you are a subscriber to
    Fit Factory™.

If you need help identifying a Credit charge, or need any other assistance with billing issues,
    please contact us through one of the following methods:

For Support Questions Please Call: 1-800-957-6988.
    The customer service center is open 9AM to 9PM EST Monday through Friday.
    -------------------------
    After speaking with a supervisor, come to find out, they have charged my account 4 times since November 2008 because of a dietary product purchase (that I didn't purchase). I was able to resolve the issue and get a full refund of $119.80 back to my account.

THIS IS CRAZY...

• Yc
      15th of Apr, 2009

I, too, found a mysterious charge ($29.95) to my checkcard for WWW.SELFHELPFF.COM. It is the same checkcard that I had used to buy a trial subscription to Bromalite. I had canceled the Bromalite subscription during the trial period and thought that would be the end of it. Then, came the selfhelpff.com charge. I saw nothing in any of the Bromalite info that mentioned anything about selfhelpff.com and their monthly subscription charge, nor information on canceling said membership. I called Bromalite and they said that they used to be associated with Fit Factory, but no longer are and did not know how they got my card information in order to charge me for their subscription. They gave me the customer service number (877-495-1182) to call selfhelpff.com (Fit Factory), so I called. Fit Factory told me that I was being charged a monthly subscription fee that began with my order for the Bromalite trial. I told them that I saw nothing among the Bromalite information regarding their subscription, that I had not subscribed to selfhelpff.com, and that I wanted my money refunded back to my account. They told that since it had passed the trial period, they couldn't refund me the first monthly charge. I told them that this is fraud and that I would be reporting it to the Federal Trade Commission. I was then immediately told that I could have a refund of the full amount charged to my account and my subscription cancelled. I called Bromalite back to tell them of my experience and that Fit Factory (selfhelpff.com) had told me that my Bromalite order prompted them to also charge me a subscription fee. They seemed very puzzled as to how this happened and did not claim any association with that company or their subscription. Their representative taped the conversation and took my information to forward to one of their managers for investigation. I did file with the FTC and am finding whereever I can post this, so as to warn others.

• Na
      18th of Apr, 2009

I called Fit Factory to cancel after Bromalite. Am I to call Self Help seperately, too?

• Ca
      21st of Apr, 2009

I JUST CHECKED MY CHECKING ACCOUNT AND FOUND A CHARGE FOR $29.95, SO GOOGLED WWWSELFHELPFF AND FOUND THIS SITE. THE FUNNY THING IS, I DON'T RECALL SIGNING UP FOR A FREE SAMPLE AND I JUST GOT A NEW DEBIT CARD NOT EVEN A WEEK AGO AS MY OTHER ONE EXPIRED. THE NUMBER IS TOTALLY DIFFERENT, SO I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW THEY GOT IT OR WERE ABLE TO CHARGE AGAINST IT. I FELT BAD FOR THE CUSTOMER SERVICE REP THAT I JUST HAD TO CUSS OUT BUT THEY DID REFUND MY MONEY AND CANCEL THE ACCOUNT I NEVER KNEW I HAD WITH THEM.

THE ONLY WITH THE NAME ACAI I WILL BUY WILL BE THE CHEWS I'VE BEEN USING FROM GNC AND I'LL PAY WITH CASH JUST TO BE EXTRA SAFE!!!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL WHO ARE STILL STRUGGLING WITH THIS BUT THIS SITE HAS BEEN A BIG HELP!

• Do
      1st of May, 2009

I was also taken in - I called my credit card company - they are issuing me a new card and number - this company will not be able to bill anything further to my account.

I plan on pursuing this with the Better Business Bureau and the Federal Trade Commission.