Fit Factory / Unauthorized charge

Phone: (513)885-5200

Alittle follow up. . . Fit factory charged me the 29. 95. . . I went down to my bank. First thing they gave me a new temp. Bank card, so no more charges can be taken out of my acct. My new card will arrive in about 10 days. . . Bank rep was very nice, told her the whole ordeal. . Then she got on the phone and called a bank cust. Service person / who then called fit factory, and we are on a 3 way phone call. . .
The fit factory lady gave me her supervisor, i have her name written down. . . We went round and round with the bank rep. Still listening. . Finally i got the fit factory ladies full name, and a phone # which i havent tried yet. I tried to pin the fit factory lady down, about when i would get my refund, she finally said 7 to 14 days. . . I have my doubts, but at least they cannot take anymore money from my acct. Now that i have a new bank card. . . Oh yeah, never recieved the acai berry either, so how could i try ot, and cancel my so called membership, within 7 days, if i never got the product???
My advice:
Go to your bank, and get a new temp debit / bank card. . . So no more charges will be dedeucted!!.
It will not interfere in anyway, with any other transactions to your bank acct. Ie: direct deposits, etc. . .
This is the phone # the fit factory lady gave me to call: [protected] her name was patricia crisp. . . Also got a conf# from her too.
Also, since this fot factory charge overdrew my checking acct. Resulting in a $35. 00 overdraft fee!!. . But my bank was nice enough to reverse the charge, and but the $35. 0 back in my acct.
~~good luck~~

Tr

Comments

• St
      1st of Nov, 2008

I signed up for a trial offer for acai berry diet product, but I did NOT sign up for anything else. Now I find I have a charge of 29.95 on my account, from a company called Fit Factory, and for what I don't know. I did not authorize the charge nor did I make any purchase from this company.

• Li
      1st of Nov, 2008

omg me too! i haven't even received the stupid bottle!!! do u think the bank will be able to do anything a/b it?

2nd of Nov, 2008

I have the same charge. What do we need to do. I didn't get the free trial either and now my husband is going ballistic about it. HELP!!!

• Ka
      2nd of Nov, 2008

call 800-660-8489 and tell them you want your money back. Be adamant and they will give in and give you a $29.95 credit. I had to get pretty nasty.

They say they email and login and password to some secret website that you can use to help lose weight.

Good Luck,
    Kat

2nd of Nov, 2008

omg the same thing happened to me! I was just now looking at my banking online and saw it there.

• Ca
      2nd of Nov, 2008

I just saw a charge to my credit card too for $29.95 on 10-31-08. I also ordered the acai berry on 10-23-08 and just paid for the s&h fee of $3.95. I haven't received the product yet, and was suppose to have 15 days of trial before being charged. This is a rip off!!

• Va
      3rd of Nov, 2008

This also happened to me. I ordered the acai berry and the very next day i called to cancel because I had a weird feeling. I never recieved the product and a couple days later i was charged $29.95. i immediatley went to my bank ordered a new card and I am disputing the charges. I have learned my lesson and will not order anything off the internet again...

• Ni
      3rd of Nov, 2008

This is a total rip off! I called the number as well (1-800-660-8489) and was very persistent that they needed to refund me, and they finally did. I told them that I never received anything and they did not have authorization to charge my card for anything other than the initial $1. Of course I am sure there was some fine print in .4 font on the web site that said I would be billed for the 'program' but let's be honest, this was a shady deal!

3rd of Nov, 2008

Unfortunately had this happen to me too!! Was very T'd off and called the number on my bank statement. I was not very friendly with the ### who insisted reading the verbage in front of him!! I finally was able to tell him that I did not authorize this charge, had never even heard of the Fit Factory and would dispute the charge through my bank. He at that point took me off the list, and gave me a confirmation number for my refund of 29.95. We'll see if I get that back.
    I also have never received my free trial of Acai Berry, which is how these a-holes got my account number!!!

4th of Nov, 2008

I feel like such an idiot! I TOO had ordered the acai berry on 10/22/08, and have not received the product at all, and when I just checked my online banking... there was the charge for $29.95 to "Fit Factory!!" I had to call my bank and stop the charges and tomorrow I am going to call them at (877) 350-8480. They are supposed open from 8am-5pm. I know now not to trust any other websites like this!! Grrrrr

• Je
      4th of Nov, 2008

I too, was just charged $19.95 from Fit Factory on Oct 31...I am clueless as to why. I went to the bank and filed a fraud charge, changed my card, and called the police for a case number. Sure hope something happens. Sad times.

4th of Nov, 2008

I am writing the IC3 right now... The Internet Crimes Devision for the FBI... Go there and file a report.

• Sd
      5th of Nov, 2008

You can call 800-660-8489 which is the number that appeared on my statement next to the charge. This is who I called and they said that they WOULD refund me the $29.95 but who knows. I'm still waiting. So many thieves out there today!!

6th of Nov, 2008

Ugh! I feel so stupid for falling for this scam! I have NEVER bought anything of this sort online before. I bought the free trial of acai berry 10/27 and this morning when I checked my bank account I saw that I had a charge for 29.95 for "fit fitness"! I looked up fit fitness and it's all rip-offs! What sucks is you don't know to look for rip-offs like this until, well until your ripped off! Don't even try calling the number, I was on hold for almost 40 minutes before I hung up. I went to my bank and cancled my debt card, I suggest anyone and eveyone else do the same. Becuase if not, they will hit your account again next month!
    Ugh, stupid scammers!

• Mo
      6th of Nov, 2008

I never authorized a charge from this company, yet a charge appeared on my credit card bill.

6th of Nov, 2008

I ordered sample Acai Berry to try for 14 days...after 8 days, still not received so I called 877-350-8480 to cancel...spoke with lady on phone, cancelled, and also requested my $3.95 shippping and handling refunded (which she did not do). Today there was a charge of $29.95 on my account...talking with fraud dept at my bank today...WHAT A RIPOFF...

• Kj
      7th of Nov, 2008

The same thing just happened to me. I went through my bank and they just issued a credit back to my account and gave me a new debit card. I did not know until now that it was because of the acai berry order. I finally talked to someone at the phone number listed after being on hold for nearly an hour. Previous calls resulted in a busy signal. I cancelled the order and told them to send my trial order or refund the $3.95 to me. I received the trial offer nearly three weeks after ordering. Good luck to you all. I would take Melissa's advice and cancel your card so that they do not hit you again next month.

9th of Nov, 2008

I was also billed from this same company FIT FAC for $24.25 and have NO IDEA who they are..also I was billed from DRI ULTRA GREEN TEA for $69.87..and did not authorize this either!!! I am contacting visa ..and maybe the police.

9th of Nov, 2008

BE CAREFUL PLEASE!!!

DRI ULTRA GREEN TEA, Hoodiastar, Fit Factory, Central Coastal Nutra Hoodiastar & Fit-Factory are subsidiaries of Central Coast Nutraceuticals, deducted $ from my credit-card account W/Out authorization.

read these complaints..they are similar

• Na
      10th of Nov, 2008

When reviewing my bank statement on line this morning, November 10th, I also had a charge of $29.95 charged to my account from Fit Factory. I called the 800 number and they assured me that I had signed up for the monthly on-line diet plan and I assured them that I had not! What a scam!!! They gave me a cancellation number, but still was going to charge me the initial $29.95 start up fee! I ask for a refund of $29.95, so now I guess I will sit back and wait for my refund!