Fit Fac & TCleanse / unauthorized charges to account

United States Review updated:
4.85
I have had 2 charges from Fit Fac in the amount of $29.95 taken out of my checking account and 3 charges from a TCleanse in the amount of $5.95, $78.84 & $84.79 taken out of my account for items/products I know nothing about and did not order. I have attemped to contact the TCleanse number that shows up on my bank statement but am either hung up on automatically or get a message that states "all circuits are busy, please try your call again later" I have also sent an email to Fit Fac through their web site address voicing my concern over charges made to my account which I did not authorize. I have not heard back anything as far as aresolution from them at this point.

Comments

Di
  14th of Dec, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I have had charges from Fit Fac in the amount of $29.95, 19.95 and $9.95 taken out of my checking account and charge from a TCleanse in the amount of $78.84 & taken out of my account for items/products I know nothing about and did not order. I called the TCleanse number that shows up on my bank statement but got a message that states "all circuits are busy, please try your call again. I also sent an email to Fit Fac through their web site address voicing my concern regarding charges made to my account which I did not authorize. I am still waiting to hear from them.
Br
  15th of Dec, 2008
The exact same thing happened to me. I finally got thru to fit factory and cancelled that, (never ordered it). All I can say is beware offers of free products that say all you have to pay is shipping and handling, it's a complete ruse. How can these shoddy business practices be allowed. I now have to go to my bank and cancel my debit/credit card. Not only is this inconvient to me, but I have been scared off ordering products on the internet. How do we know these offers are on the up and up. I'm going to my bank today and filing a dispute against TCleanse, but why should this have to fall on me? Who can we go to for help?
Mn
  15th of Dec, 2008
same thing. have tried several numbers, no answer. got through one time and the guy kept saying he couldnt hear me and that we had a bad connection. I confronted that it was not a problem connection, then he moved on to saying that he would have to have my credit card number, my security code, the exact listing of my name on the card, and the expiration code from my credit card to cancel the account. When I refused to give him all that information, saying that they already had all that on their computer and there was no reason to give it to him again. (He said that he couldnt find my acct by date of charge, name, address or email, so he would need all the above...yeah right?). I told him I wanted to talk to a supervisor and he hung up on me.
Then I got the usual message next 9 times--busy, call back...
i am challenging this charge on my credit card.
Da
  19th of Dec, 2008
The same is happening to me . What number do i call to get this stopped ? I am laid off from work & I dont need this.
Fi
  19th of Dec, 2008
Fit-fac seems to be ripping many people off. The same thing happened to me but I called and told them I didn't order anything from them and I wouldn't pay. I contacted my credit card co. and informed them of the problem. They said dispute the problem. When I told fit-fac what I was doing they said they would credit my account. I have conf.# and names. I personally wouldn't give any one access to my checking account, use your credit card they will help you. Good luck everyone
Le
  22nd of Dec, 2008
I too was suckered into this 'Trial". I called 888-771-7029 & was hung up on like 5 times before the operator could finish their opening line. Then they proceeded to tell me that you have to cancel your subscription within 14 days after receiving your trail bottle. & once it goes past the 14 days and the bottle is shipped they will not refund any money. I never authorized a "Subscription". All I agreed to was the trial bottle. She kept saying that all this was in the disclaimer. She said she would cancel my subscription but would not credit my account $89.31 for a 60 day supply of pills. She also gave me another number 866-407-1022 for the $29.95 charges. Such a shame. I hope some body contacts Ophra and Rachel Ray as they are using their names to push this fraud.
Sh
  22nd of Dec, 2008
What do you do now? I was shocked when I got my Credit card Statement and saw the charges for Acaia Slim and Total Cleanse. Are they the same company? Has two companies joined together for this scam?Is this charge going to be on there each month??? What the H@#$ll is going on with people. I guess it is that you cant believe anyone anymore. Well I guess I'll never buy another thing off the internet anymore. Someone please let me know if there is a law suit coming on so I can join it. Thanks Sheila
Sh
  23rd of Dec, 2008
I have not order any products and am being charged 69.95 twice for Lean green tea and now have a fit-fac charge also on my master card for 29.95. I also just got charged 89.31 for green T cleanse. I did not order this product and it has arrived in the mail. Im not sure where to send it back as there is no address to send it too, for any refund. Please let me know how I can stop these orders and the charges. And how I can get my money back.
Very frusterated with these fraud companies.
Sheila M.
Ka
  23rd of Dec, 2008
I so agree with you guys! These guys are scammers all right! I too have not gotten my refund. I'm given a different story everytime I call them. I called 801.208.7485. Call it! You'll get through but the people that work those lines dont know anything. They tell you the refund has to be approved and that can take up to 2 weeks (business days). I went to Oprah's site and complained cause they're the ones that were endorsing these guys. I told them they should not endorse a business that is so messed up and lying to their customers.

they should all be arrested!
Ka
  23rd of Dec, 2008
I actually opened a new bank account and my old one is for deposits only now.. just waiting for my refund! I figured they're going to do it again so I acted fast! Trust me... open a new bank account. It's a hassle but it's worse dealing with these people... and them stealing your money!

kathy
Yv
  29th of Dec, 2008
I too am being scammed by this company. I was on the Oprah site with Dr Oz and this offer was made available - A TRIAL for ACAI and CLEANSER - only pay the postage. I received the trial with no note in the package. Now they are charging my AMEX card! I have tried unsuccessfully to contact these people. - WHAT IS GOING ON? IS THERE ANY PROTECTION FROM THIS COMPANY???
Ti
  29th of Dec, 2008
I too was dupted into the "Free" Trial. When I recieved the Acai Berry I read the instructions and was able to get any and all charges stopped before they started but when the Colon Cleanse came I saw nothing that said anything like this. I called the 1-866-407-1022 number and at first got nothing then I waited a bit and tried it again. I got right through. The only information they asked me for was my name and address so they could verify the correct acct. I told them that I wanted it stopped and she gave me a confirmation code which I wrote down and saved. Just in case. It was all very easy. I feel lucky. I hope the rest of you all can get yours taken care of as easily.
Vs
  31st of Dec, 2008
I have had approximately $400.00 taken from my account. I have had five different companies appear withdrawing funds. Each time I reach one to cancel, another company and an additional charge appears. This is a really huge scam and they are using two very high profile celebrities to push it. Can't something be done?
Ch
  2nd of Jan, 2009
Same thing folks, tried the Bromalite free offer and got nailed with the $29.95. I called 1-888-771-7029, the person that answered gave me 1-866-897-0663
which "all circuts are busy" go figure!! Visa filed my dispute and said not to pay their charge. Wisconsin Consumer Office will love to hear this one.
Yv
  4th of Jan, 2009
I am sending on email to the Oprah site.

Now I figure there must be thousands of people out there who are being scammed by these companies. We should all get together on a private forum and log our complaints, then get a lawyer to take our case and get this company closed...I figure it would cost us $1.00 each for the lawyer's fee.

Meanwhile log your complaint with Better Business Bureau also get in touch with your local government and file your complaints of victimisation.

Regards,
Yvonne McLeod
We
  12th of Jan, 2009
Same thing, When I called to get some answers they said their computers were down and he would call me back. I asked him to read my phone number back and he proceeded to give me the wrong number. This is a scam! Beware!
Ll
  13th of Jan, 2009
Ok...this is a mess. Very frustrating, I agree.

I opened my statement today and too saw the $29.95 charge for www.fit-fac.com. I started my digging... Apparently this issue happens so much that the first thing you see on there site is a prompt stating "If you are visiting this site because of an unrecognized charge on your bank statement, please click here."

Anyway, the number provided is 1-866-407-1022. I was able to get through immediately. I was informed that back in Nov 2008, I requested some dietary supplement (which I had not, but did receive and called to scream about that and cancel as well) which included this membership. I informed the rep about that situation/cancellation and that I had reported that issue to the Better Business Bureau because I didn't get all of my money back from them. I told her I wanted to cancel and would like a refund of the $29.95. She did so on both accounts and provided me with two confirmation numbers.

Good luck to you all!
Be
  13th of Feb, 2009
I am a victim as well. I was shocked to see these charges on my credit card and with the TCleanse when I call they make believe they cannot hear me and hang up. I am reporting them to Internet Crime Complaint.

They are crooks!