Fishinthesky.com / I have had a TERRIBLE experience with this website

I have had a TERRIBLE experience with this website. I ordered a dress for my senior prom and initially it came out beautifully, I really liked it; however, this was not the problem. a couple days later on my way to get the dress tailored I noticed when i held the dress up into the sunlight that there were multiple glue stains and what seemed like burn marks. From there I followed the websites return policy and took pictures of the dress and sent them in explaining what had happened. So far i have received terrible costumer service. they first told me "I think the problem can be solve quickly. The dry cleaner friends will help you."
At that point I was annoyed by their lack of professionalism but i did what they said and took it to the dry cleaners. They said they could not remove the stains, they were embedded in the fabric. I wrote back to fishinthesky and told them this. They said "we will pay the dress wash fee." then I explained AGAIN that this was not the problem and they said "you can try to ambroidered a flower on the dress" yes they spelled embroidered wrong. Now my senior prom is in two weeks and I have no dress.

Comments

• La
      21st of Mar, 2012
    Fishinthesky.com - Save yourself the trouble, and hair and don't order from this website
    fishinthesky.com

I ordered a dress from this page in January, on the 28th. A few weeks went by (more than 20 days) and so I started asking where it was. Well, they told me to wait 15 more days and so I did. I asked then where the hell it was and I was told to wait another 7 days. I was outraged being it was MARCH now! So, I tried and tried to get any information on this dress and they wouldn't give me a right answer. They told me it was on its way and that it was still being tailored. Then they also made the comment how it is SOOOO laborious. They also had terrible spelling and for a business you think it could have been better. They would say "pls u do not need, worry dress is on the way in your arms!" They were more then annying. I never did get my money back from them which was for 204.97 but the bank did - I had to file a claim and its been SUCH a hassel. So save yourself the trouble, and hair and DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SITE!! Plus, the other reviews I have read are all terrible and the good ones are most likely written by them.

• Ne
      23rd of Mar, 2012
    Fishinthesky.com - Save your money and shop at a local store instead
    fishinthesky.com

Save your money and shop at a local store instead! I ordered a lined chiffon mother of the bride dress. The lining weighs about 7 pounds and is as heavy as draperies and makes the dress very bulky. I ordered a standard size dress, and ordered 1 size larger per their instructions so that there would be extra fabric if minor alterations were needed. The fit on the dress was very wrong and not true to THEIR measurements. The bust was 5" larger, and the dress was very snug over my waist and hips even though my waist measurement is 3-1/2" less and my hip measurement 2-1/2" less than their measurement. I tried to return the dress but they would not take it back and offered a 10% credit of purchase price. The cost to ship it back to China was $240 -- more than the dress cost. The fit is so wrong that a local tailor said it could not be corrected. I had a very bad experience and hope I can prevent others from wasting their money.

• El
      18th of Apr, 2012

19/4/12 - I just got scam by them too: please do not purchase from this company. I ordered a dres which never arrived and all i get from the supplier is one liners with excuses and lies. At this stage they are offering me a 50% refund and no dress. If iI am lucky I will get somehting. The worse company i ever dealt with.

• El
      18th of Apr, 2012

19/4/12 - I just got scam by them too: please do not purchase from this company. I ordered a dress which never arrived and all i get from the supplier is one liners with excuses and lies. At this stage they are offering me a 50% refund and no dress. If iI am lucky I will get somehting. The worse company i ever dealt with.

• Si
      9th of May, 2012
    Fishinthesky.com - Do yourself a favor and do not be tempted by the &deals& on this website
    fishinthesky.com

I received my dress in the wrong size.. it was 3 inches smaller than specified in the bust and FIVE inches longer than I specified, the top of the dress was also damaged. They offered me a refund of $7.00. After going back and fourth with them in emails for a week now, I've actually had to threaten to take legal action if they don't refund me enough money to fix my dress. Also, the emails they send me are horribly unprofessional.. here's an example- "Dear, we are just a young company . the full refund we are not able afford."

That is copied exactly. Like I said..do yourself a favor and do not be tempted by the "deals" on this website!

• Li
      30th of May, 2012
    Fishinthesky.com - Disgusted with their service
    fishinthesky.com

Disgusted with their service. We paid an extra $19.99 for a rush order to be delivered by a certain date. When it did not arrive on paid for date we sent email. They responded "it will ship when it's finished and you will love it". When we told them to cancel order they shipped it anyway 13 days after the prom and agreed receive by date. They are based in China and don't care about US customer service. Paypal is not getting anywhere with them either.

• Lo
      6th of Nov, 2012
    Fishinthesky.com - Long story short, this website has a supreme lack of customer service
    fishinthesky.com

I try to stay positive with my online shopping experiences, but ordering through fishinthesky.com was a nightmarish endeavour. They clearly do not abide by their tailoring bills reimbursement policy.

I had ordered a custom-made graduation dress and paid extra money to have my measurements sent in. Once I received my dress, it wasn't even CLOSE to my measurements. My tailor concluded that 5 inches needed to be taken in from the sides. An $85CAN fee.

WTF! $85?! (after I already paid extra for custom-made; which they butchered)

After sending all of the necessary information to receive a reimbursement, they replied with "we can give you $15, ok?". They clearly do not have a customer service representative that speaks proper English as I have had to decode messages on many occasions. STILL haggling with them, I have not received a reimbursement on the tailoring bills almost 6 months after the purchase.

Long story short, this website has a supreme lack of customer service and poor, painful-to-read, policy-violating excuses as to why a customer is unable to receive a reimbursement.

I think a report to the Better Business Bureau is in order.

• De
      26th of Mar, 2013

3/26/2017- Ordered a dress from the with custom measurements. The dress sent to me was 4inches too small in the bust. I sent 10 emails back and forth with them to no avail. The sequin work and seams is awful. I learned my lesson.

• Ms
      11th of Apr, 2014
    Fishinthesky.com - Fraudulent Company
    Hong Kong
    fishinthesky.com

If I could give this company NEGATIVE STARS I would. I ordered a dress and sent in my measurements and told them to make it 3-4" longer than picture and told them how tall I was. It arrived as a very short dress and was way too small. I have tried numerous times to send the dress back as this was all their error and they will not take the dress back OR do anything about this. They had the nerve to tell me to order another one and they would give me a discount. Really? I don't think so. They won't honor my request to send the dress back and get a refund and it was TOTALLY THEIR ERROR!! DO NOT EVERY BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. I seem to be out $160 and I am not happy. Please spread the word that this is a fraudulent company and do not do business with them unless you want to lose your money.

• Sp
      5th of Sep, 2014
    Fishinthesky.com - Horrible dress - will not refund
    UNIT 04, 7/F, BRIGHT WAY TOWER, NO.33 MONG KOK ROAD,
    KOWLOON
    China
    ifishinthesky.com

Worst online purchasing experience I have ever had! I ordered a Burgundy tea length dress for my son's wedding and what arrived was a RED floor length dress, that looked nothing like the picture on the website. They told me it is burgundy and the color on my PC could have been affected by weather or other. This is not even close to being burgundy. I have emailed them approx. 20 times now in the last week and they will not refund my purchase. They asked me to keep the dress or sell the dress to my local store. I will NEVER purchase anything from this website again. STAY AWAY FROM THEM!!!