FirstAndSecond.com / Cheating & fraud

1 India Review updated:

I had ordered a book from an online site namely firstandsecond.com. The site mentions that the customers will get the book within 24-29 days from the time they place the order. After a month when I didn't not receive any communication from the organization, I called up the office and for about 10 days the only reply that I got was that no one is in the office. Then finally when I got through their customer service, I spoke to a customer care executive who was unapologetic about the fact that the order for my book was still not placed, as apparently some renovation is going on in their office. However, nothing was communicated to me either by phone or email that my order will be delayed. She, however assured me that I will receive my book within 15 days.

After waiting for 15 days, I called up their office again about 10 days back. Initially I was told that she is busy on the other line and I need to call after some time. When I called again, I was informed me that even now the order for my book has not been placed as yet. But I will get the book by next week. Then again when I inquired about the book on June 11th, I was told that the book has been dispatched from US and will be with me within 10 days. I have a mail from the company stating the same. However, when I called them yesterday to inquire about the book, I was told that I was misled and that the book was dispatched yesterday and will reach India after 12 days.

I would like a strict action to be taken against firstandsecond.com so that they don't take any other customer for a ride and fleece them of their money.

Comments

10th of Sep, 2008

I have gone though the same and totally agree with you. They Sucks

• Hi
      27th of Apr, 2009

I have also faced the same kind of problem, and they have no manners to return the reply mails. I don't know how these companies survive.

• Ge
      7th of Oct, 2010

These kind of experiences are more recent with this company (I guess!). Earlier they provided best of service and prompt delivery - even for international publications they delivered within the time promised - infact much before the expected timeline ended. I have been purchasing books from their website from the last 3-4 years - on a frequent basis. I never had to call them up to ask for the status of order. But ever since my similar experience in March-April 2010 I have not taken any chance with them.