First USA NA

No authorization from consumer

First USA NA
800 Brookesedge
Westerville, Ohio
I was alerted by Trans Union just today that an inquiry was made without permission. The information above is correct to the best of my knowledge. I have no clue as to what or why they are looking for. Please advise asap. p, s, experien sent me to your site.

Mary Flynn
kzjv3d1@yahoo.com
(810) 637-0829
Complaint comments Comments (2)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Credit Cards

Comments

N  2nd of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
I was advised by Discover Card that there was a change to one or more of my credit reports. To the best of my knowledge I have not authorized a request for copy of my credit report nor requested any kind of change. Please advise.
N  27th of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes
First USA is a credit card company.

We pay to get online access to all 3 of the credit reports - as much as we want. We get an update every month.

We had the same problem a few years ago but with a different credit card company (CITI). They would check our credit report EVERY month. We did not initiate or approve their inquiries.

I called one of the credit reporting companies and finally figured out what was going on. The reporting company said the credit card was making "soft inquires" and were not "hard inquiries". The card company was checking on how good our credit was and then they would send us offers for a credit card - ever month.

The credit reporting company said the credit card companies can access your account for a "soft inquiry" any time they want IF they, or any one of their cards, or affiliate card companies, had financed something we purchased.
BUT
It can be stopped by notifying ALL 3 reporting companies (TransUnion, etc) to bar ANY "soft inquiries" about your credit.
The “hits” did stop.