First USA NA

Michael Tontrup
421 E. South St. P.O. Box 426
Botkins, Ohio
Phone: 937-916-5579
We are trying to refinance our house. The bank we are going through told me that some one did a credit check. They wanted to know why it was done and if any new debt was established. I just googled First USA N/A and came across the complaint site about this bank. Is there anything that I can do to find out why they did this and any action I can take against them? Or how I can make sure this does not happen again? I did not know who these people are and I still have no idea. This happened the week of January 1, 2010.
Complaint comments Comments (3)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Banks

Comments

N  7th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes

First USA NA - Hard Credit Inquiries

Can someone please help me with First USA NA credit inquiries? Who are these guys? I have 4 hard inquiries on my TU report.

A  27th of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes
HI,

First USA is a credit card company.

We pay do get online access to all 3 credit reports as much as we want. We get an update every month.

We had the same problem a few years ago but with a different credit card company (CITI). They would check our report EVERY month. We did not initiate or approve their inquiries.

I called one of the credit reporting companies and finally figured out what they were doing. They said they were making "soft inquires" and were not "hard inquiries". The card companies were checking on how good our credit was and then send us credit offers ever month.

The credit reporting company said the credit card companies can access your account for a "soft inquiry" any time they want IF they or any other we might have bought something that was financed with one of their cards of affiliate cards.
BUT
It can be stopped by notifying ALL 3 Reporting companies (TransUnion, etc) to bar ANY "soft inquiries" about your credit.
N  27th of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes
First USA is a credit card company.

We pay to get online access to all 3 of the credit reports - as much as we want. We get an update every month.

We had the same problem a few years ago but with a different credit card company (CITI). They would check our credit report EVERY month. We did not initiate or approve their inquiries.

I called one of the credit reporting companies and finally figured out what was going on. The reporting company said the credit card was making "soft inquires" and were not "hard inquiries". The card company was checking on how good our credit was and then they would send us offers for a credit card - ever month.

The credit reporting company said the credit card companies can access your account for a "soft inquiry" any time they want IF they, or any one of their cards, or affiliate card companies, had financed something we purchased.
BUT
It can be stopped by notifying ALL 3 reporting companies (TransUnion, etc) to bar ANY "soft inquiries" about your credit.
The “hits” did stop.