First Universal Lending / Worst company ever

When we first started talking to first universal lending. they were very convincing that they could get our mortgage loan reworked and could lower our payment 30% to 60%. I asked Gary about their success rate and he stated 100%. After we got signed up and a payment of 399.00 got made they would get started. The payment was made but after i got signed up they never assigned a loan officer to me.every time i would call they would ask me who my loan officer was and i would tell them i don't know. No one would contact me back.

Va

Comments

• Ba
      26th of Sep, 2008

Im sure you are only telling 1/2 the truth. I did a loan workout with them that took about 4 months and it was so worth it. Ive saved $520.00 a month and they save my house from going into foreclosure

27th of Sep, 2008

I can tell you why you never heard back from them and why you were asked that question over and over when you called. You see...they use an answering service in order to seem more legit. The call center has a script they follow, they take down your message and then guess what!? First Universal Lending NEVER EVER EVER EVER picks up their messages. Once they have the authorization to take your money every month you will not hear back regardless of if you know your Loan Officer/Account Rep or NOT!

28th of Sep, 2008

Well I have been with First Universal Lending now for 6 months and I have nothing positive to say about them. I get the same old answer - WE'RE WORKING ON IT ... When I leave messages it takes about a week for them to get back with me sometimes longer. For the person who said that it took them 4 months (Barbara) who is your lender or better yet who worked on your loan modification.. maybe they can help the person doing our modification out move a little faster.

• So
      6th of Oct, 2008

rachel reeves and some guy name brad told me they would help me lower my payments within two to three months, not pass three months, it has been seven months and no one even return my messages.of course i stop my payments after four months.not a reputable company.

6th of Oct, 2008

just started talking with them. gave me same line i am reading here. gaurenteed me within 3 months at 199.00 a month for atourney fees. checking their reputation before i agree. little more input if u have any.

7th of Oct, 2008

Just check them out on the BBB. They have several complaints against them. I was also guarenteed it would take 3 months at $249 a month and it has now been 7 months and no results. Ask them to send you legit references as well as send you a guarentee in writing - I bet they won't send you anything in writing just phone calls - BIG RED FLAG.

• Su
      10th of Oct, 2008

I just got a call from Adam at 1st univ.Lending and I was told that I could lower my mtg.by hundreds of dollars and it just cost $399.00.
    He told me that all mtge.companies are offering this loan modification program, lower rates to stay with them. After reading the comments regarding this company I guess I should just say no thank you.

• Kr
      14th of Oct, 2008

I have to disagree with you, I have been with them for 4 months and I have already gotten 2 offers from my lender Citiresidential. Now they were both good offers one to lower my ayments by 200.00 a month and one to lower my interest rate and payments by 460.00, now I turned down both because my workout officer thought she could do better, and judging from the first offer to the second offer it seems as though she can, I also have spoken with Citi myself throughout the process and on rep told me "off the record" that if i had done this myself it would not have gone past the 1st offer, he said the reason companies like first universal can get these done is because one they are persistent and are constantly calling them all day bugging them and there supervisors hence why its difficuly to get in touch with your specialist (although mine did call me once a week which was good enough for me) anyways secondly he said they know how to negotiate and work the financial information into the way that the lender wants to see it, and farhtermore he said they also have contacts within many lenders who help them out in ways a regular client could not get it done. I am going on my 5th month and am am hoping this last offer is the one im looking for since the other 2 have expired but I am confident she will get it done. Also I was never guaranteed anything my contract with First Universal specifically stated that this was not guaranteed as nothing like this could be and you are silly to think it would. But as for now First Universal has gotten me 5 free month at my home at the least. I think some people need to realize you got yourself into this situation dont blame anyone but yourself if it cant be fixed.

20th of Oct, 2008

WOW!!! If I were satisified with what First Universal Lending did for me I would not be still doing reasearch on them in the complaints section of the internet (Why are you here)... these positive comments must come from employees within First Universal Lending office.

31st of Oct, 2008
    First Universal Lending - forclosed my property
    first universal lending
    Florida
    Phone: 561-340-1212 ext.297

to modify my loan but instead, let it be forclosrd. now i have lost my home and need to find a new one.

• Ri
      4th of Nov, 2008

I completely agree with the last person's comment that if a customer is satisfied with the service, he or she will not go to a complaint site or research about complaints with that company. How does First Universal charge its clients - ONE TIME FEE or MONTH BY MONTH UNTIL WHEN?

• He
      6th of Nov, 2008

I inquired for help with Lower My Bills and First Universal Lending called my husband, Robert, last evening. The guy (no name) made the offer seem like a great thing to Bob, who knows nothing about finance. Of course, we didn't have any part of $399 which they asked for up front in order to look into our mortgage problem. Then he came down to $249 and then $199 which we don't have either if we care to eat for this month. We are Senior Citizens and only get money once a month. I told Bob immediately to forget it, that they are only looking to earn money for themselves! We had been 2 months behind from the beginning of the year due to medical problems, but have paid all the payments since then. The bank we had sold the mortgage and the new company has been less than friendly in our efforts to catch up. I'm not sure where to go from here, so if anyone has any ideas...I'd love to hear about it.

• Sp
      17th of Nov, 2008

I just read the emails posted about Universal Lending. Thanks for the information. There are so many companies on the internet pretending to help people when you are most vunerable. I was about to sign up with Universal. I contracted with Oceanview for the purpose of saving my home, paying them $2100. This company did the same thing I did in an effort to save my home. My mortgage payments are higher than they were prior to using Oceanview.

Thanks for the information

• Lu
      18th of Nov, 2008

My mother is about to lose her home because of Universal. They NEVER called her back and she always payed them on time (200 a month for 5 months). They told her not to pay anything to the lender because she had a better shot at lowering her payment if the lender thought she had nothing. Thank goodness she saved that money and can pay it towards what is owed. Still, she is behind over 5, 000 in legal fees and such. She never told me any of this until she needed the money or she would lose her home. I woulld have told her to stop paying them and to pay the lender. This is FRAUD in any language. I am seriously thinking to contact a lawyer since she is a senior citizen and prone to this type of scam. Are there any suits against these people pending?

• Th
      20th of Nov, 2008

This is a boiler room operation. Troy Levy is the guy who runs the office in Pompano. They are only interested in getting new accounts and then do basically nothing except send the lender letters on the borrowers behalf. The people they employ are not mortgage people, just telemarketers. If you really want to get a feel for who you will be giving your information to, just swing by their office off of Gateway Drive in Broward County. It even smells bad in there. Honestly. And they were even banned from Club Med in Port Saint Lucie during one of their "employee meetings". These guys got drunk and out of control, some even smoking pot by the pool. Just give Club Med a call, they will confirm.

In short, dont let these guys take advanatage of you...THEY WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY AND THEN NEVER CALL YOU BACK

• Kn
      20th of Nov, 2008

As an experiment, I urge all locals who are thinking of doing business with these guys to just visit the office in Broward County. Ask for Troy Levy. Take a good look around the office, the furniture, the set up, the employees. How they look, how they dress, how they speak. Alot can be learned from observing these things. Any ethical business promotes professional standards in order to attain professional results. No finance professional would ever be caught working for these guys. Want to make it more interesting, go apply for a job with them. No much required, just say you have extensive PHONE SALES EXPERIENCE. Then observe and let it all soak in.

I wouldnt let most of these people serve me food, much less would I entrust my personal information and MY money to them.

I agree with The Insider, just go to the office and decide for yourself. Or give them your money. Either way, you WILL find out for yourself. Troy Levy = JUICE MONSTER AND CONMAN

• To
      1st of Dec, 2008

I pretended I was interested in their services so I could go in and get a better look around after they caused my grandmother to lose her home. I planned on taking it into my hands, getting the scoop and having their business closed down. If anyone is thinking about doing this with them, do yourself a favor and flush your money down the toilet, you will fare better.

It is a total scam, they hire thugs from the street who can barley read and tell people they are loan modification specialists. There is heavy drug use in the office, and 99% of the people who work there are either in work release programs or drug addiction programs.

These types of jobs are the only thing these people can or will do, and Troy Levy who is the owner along with his partner Oscar Gonzalez uses them to scam others while paying them just enough to get their next crack fix.

The people make up the price they charge based on how much they think they can get out of you and will lie through the teeth to get the money since there is no regulations.

These people are not only ripping off helpless people who dont know any better, but are also ripping off their own employees.

Troy Levy and Oscar Gonzalez are trying to take as much money as they can get from people to inflate their own bank accounts with no remorse, knowledge of the industry or actual mortgage industry experience.

You would really have to be a fool to do business with them.

Just like the gentleman above, I would strongly urge anyone in south florida to make a trip to the office (if you dont mind being disgusted) to take a look at the joke they are calling a business.

They are under investigation by the IRS for not paying taxes, and the Florida Department of Labor for cheating employees out of money among other issues.

If you or a family member has been a victim to their scam I urge you to call Troy and Oscar directly

here are their cell phone numbers:

Troy Levy: 954 552 6256

Oscar Gonzalez: 954 778 1486

• Su
      1st of Dec, 2008

I've come across another company which would be considered a predatory lender - True Value Lending - truevaluelending.net - they just ripped off my daughter of $900 - I know she's not getting the consolidation loan they promised her - they told her they needed $500 more to process it - she's a single mom of 2 toddlers and in the military - their website shows their offices in Canton, OH but no such address when you look it up. These people are the ### of the earth - just like Universal.

• Ka
      3rd of Dec, 2008

Finally some truth. These guys are scammers. Period. They hire people who cant get any other jobs, pay them miserably and steal money from those willing to do business with them.

Troy Levy is a smooth talking ### and so is his sidekick Oscar, I worked for them for a whole DAY and never came back. I was totally embarrassed and disgusted at what I saw. If I chose to work for such sleaze balls I may as well work at a strip joint, and make much more money.
    But I do not need to do either.

Please go and see for yourself...its the only way to really grasp it all

• Ki
      4th of Dec, 2008

I have been calling all week and get nobody is available they are always busy I have no problem up until this week. I received one phone call this week and that was while I was at work . I am stopping payments tomorrow and also calling my attorney. to see if I can recoup my money as my payments wer399.00 a month