First Universal Lending / Awful company

First Universal is unscrupulous, totally without character, rude, misleading and unethical. I was told they would reduce credit card, car loan rates, and they would get my loan modified in 30-90 days. I told them I was current on all debts, they said that didn't matter. Then I get a call saying they couldn't help because Countrywide was helping people who are not current. My loan is about to adjust to an adjustable rate and I'm trying to forego any problems in making my payments. Okay I get a call from someone saying it would take up to six months to get my loan modified. But if I were delinquent that would get faster action. I said I am not going to miss payments and have that show up on my credit report. I called back and said I didn't want them doing anything for me. I get a call from someone else on 3-5-09 asking what they could do, I said nothing, I proceeded to tell him exactly what happened, he said I must have misunderstood in a condescending way, because no one at their company would tell me to miss payments. I am not stupid and I know exactly what he said. The first person I spoke with said in around about way to miss a payment. She said, I'm not telling you to miss a payment but if you were delinquent...The fact is they would continue to draw out this process to get paid. I am so appalled with this sham of a company I could scream. I do not have money to pay them for nothing, and that is exactly what they gave me!!!

Comments

• Lo
      13th of May, 2009

My husband received call from First Univeral Lending telling us exactly the same thing they told you!!! They wanted money from either credit card or checking account and stated would take 60-90 days and payments would be lowered by $450 a month. "Gary" stated cannot legally tell us not to make a payment, but would be better if we were delinquent on mortgage payments to make loan go through faster. Told "Gary" we are with Wells Fargo Mortgage ~ "Gary" stated they WORK with Wells Fargo Mortgage.

My husband just called Wells Fargo Mortgage ~ SCAM !!!

DON'T GO WITH FIRST UNIVERSAL LENDING !!! THEY ARE SCAM ARTISTS!!!

Lori S.