FIRST SAVINGS CREDIT CARDOutrageous fees/scammed

1 Review updated:

I opened a credit card with First Savings last month. When my first statement came home, I had only made charges for half the limit but it had a previous balance of $150, which turned out to be an acceptance fee, participation fee and annual fee. This ended up causing my account to be overlimit and then charged another fee for that. A representative called me at work and stated that if I paid over the phone, I would avoid being charged more fees, and so without hesitation, I paid the entire balance of $340. I called to complain about the outrageous fees which were never stated anywhere or sent home and all they could say is they would waive the next late or overlimit fee, as long as I kept the account open. After arguing that it doesn't make sense to pay $150, plus $6/month for participation fee, they agreed to credit my account immediately for half of the fees charged as long as I kept the account open. Thereafter, I read on the back of my statement that all fees would be credited if the account is closed within 30 days.

I reversed the charges from my bank account and am only going to pay what I charged and any finance charges accrued, close the account and file a complaint with the better business bureau. This credit card is ripping unsuspecting consumers off!

Am

Comments

• Ke
      Aug 22, 2019

They've charged me "late fees" for early payments, and my balance due is currently $100, without ever actually using the card and paying slightly over the minimum due on the card fees.