First Premier Credit Card / Misleading and deceptive

1 ID, United States

I got a First Premier credit card thinking that it would help build my credit. I got the card fully knowing the fees that were involved with the card. The first month into the card I made a payment on the card, and I had never used it. I get a phone call 15 days after I made the payment saying that I had put in an invalid bank account number, and that my payment failed. But here's the deal... I was mailed my monthly statement before I was called showing that the payment had been credited, and I am positive that I entered the correct bank account information. When I received this phone call I was told that my card was over the limit. I was like, what? The balance on the card before I made the payment was 179.00, and my credit limit is 250. I had never used the card in a store or for any purchases, why is my card over the limit? This is seriously messed up. The finance charge and the monthly fees can not be enough to make me go over the limit. This card is a complete scam, and the people are doing something and adding wacko extra charges that I have no idea what they are for. I'm not even sure if I can get to the bottom of how my card got over the limit, but I am definitely forking over the extra cash and canceling this card. They say it is supposed to help your credit score, but that is a bunch of bull ###! I don't want my FICO score to go down the hole!

More First Premier Credit Card Complaints & Reviews