First Premier Bank / overcharged
I'm in the process of rebuilding my credit score, and I applied for a credit card with First Premier Bank. I was on Free Credit Report.com checking out my credit score last weekend, and decided it was imperative to own a cc again. After navigating the site for awhile, I noticed an ad for First Premier Bank. I assumed that if Free Credit Report allowed them to advertise, they must be legit.
After applying, I decided to google First Premier, and that's how I found [redacted].com. Needless to say, if I knew about this site beforehand, I would have known better than to apply, and would have looked elsewhere.
After reading the first few pages of reports on here about First Premier, I'm now terrified. I applied for this card solely to rebuild credit from mistakes I made when I was younger. I only wish to buy gas with it a couple times a month, pay my bill on time, and build credit. It doesn't even sound like this is possible to do after reading some of the reports. I've read about people paying well in advance of their due dates only to get late fees on their next months statements.
I don't care about the initial fee's upon activation, or the monthly fees associated with this type of card. I know thats the nature of these types of cards, and part of the game of rebuilding credit.
Does anyone have anything positive to say about First Premier? What are my options from here? I have not yet even received the card, so do I have the choice to not activate it upon arrival? I read a report on here of someone doing that, but it still showed up negatively on their credit report.
Money isn't an issue really, as I really only need the card for credit building purposes. Do I send large payments before I even get my bill to create a surplus and ensure no late payment fees?
If I am able to get out of First Premier, how or where do I go about finding a reputable credit building card?
More First Premier Bank Complaints & Reviews
- First Premier Bank - unrecognized charge from this company in my checking acct 
- FPB cr card internet - charged me $100 for the last 3-4 mo 
- First Premier Bank - Visa Credit Card - withdraw money from account and did not post it to the account! 
- First Premier Bank - fraudulent billing, scamming 
- First Premier Bank - getting calls from unknown name, unknown number! 
- First Premier Bank / Premier Bankcard - first premier credit card
- First Premier Bank / Premier Bankcard - Got approved for a credit card
- First Premier Bank / Premier Bankcard - fraudulent activity
- First Premier Bank / Premier Bankcard - unauthorized charges
- First Premier Bank / Premier Bankcard - statements not received