First Premier Bank / scam charges

United States Review updated:
This company initially charged $200.00 to start card up after calling to cancel unwanted card. Rep talked me into keeping card open to build credit easily. I am a single mom and I was looking for a way to establish good credit history. I decided to keep card. The first payment came due, no purchases had been made on this card. I was only planning to pay off the amount First Premier charged me to start card. I paid way in advance, well over the amount due by at least 10 days before due date, received confirmation number. 10 days later received phone call that my payment was not received & that I had been charge almost $80.00 late fee. Explained to Rep that I had confirmation number and that I had paid in advance before due date. Rep told me that the system probably didn't catch my debit card number and she would waive up to $30 of late fees and the $11 charge to pay by phone. I agreed thinking that maybe she was right about the system not catching my debit card number or me possibly making a miss punch when putting in my card info over the automatic pay by phone system. I don't think looking back that I made a mistake otherwise I would have not received a confirmation number if info was incorrect. I finally did make a purchase on the card at Bath & Body for about $40.00 then dinner at a local restaurant for $26.00. I had available credit of almost $90.00. When I received my next bill I received over limit charges, cash advance charges ***Never did a cash advance*** I called immediately, the rep I spoke to was extremely rude. I told them I want to cancel and close this card. The rep refused to close card, then finally said she would cancel card. After a week I received a letter stating that I now owe First Premier over $400. My total purchases on card were below $68.00. They are reporting me as negative because I refuse to pay the ridiculous over limit fees and late charges they have assessed since that fatal mistake I made of making a payment on time before the due date & letting the Rep talk me into keeping a card I did not want so that it would help me build credit. I pay my bills on time. I finally researched this company and have found several people with the same 'System didn't catch debit card payment' for the first time they tried to make an on time payment. Please include me in any class action law suit so that I can get this company from hurting me any further. I am not looking for money... I just want my hard work to build good credit as a single mom struggling to reflect.
Va

Comments

15th of Nov, 2009
They are crooks scoundrels leeching on innocent pple. How crazy,
  15th of Nov, 2009
Primier Bank are licenced thiefs. May be they work in cohorts with fdic. who knows, and why has'nt anything been done to stop this unscruplous company.
They are having a field day ripping people off under the FDIC'S watch. They start sending you statements even before you lay your hands on their filthy credit cards. Dont even read any stuff they mail, just shread em.
  15th of Nov, 2009
I JUST HATE THEM AND ANYONE WHO WORKS FOR THESE COMPANY, TO ME THEY ARE ALL THIEFS.
Re
  18th of Jan, 2010
this card is a ripoff interest rate is to high and there is to many fees on this card they charge 7.00 dollar if you pay your bill online every month give me a break i don't recommend this card for any one.
Ke
  4th of Nov, 2010
I CANCELLED MY FIRST PREMIER BANK CENTENNIAL SECURED CREDIT CARD OUT BECAUSE THE ANNUAL FEE IS TOO HIGH AND THEY WERE GOING TO PULL A CREDIT REPORT ON ME IF I INCREASE MY CREDIT LIMIT BY SENDIN IN ADDITIONAL DEPOSITS TO MY SECURITY DEPOSIT AND I DID NOT GET NO RESPECT FROM THIS BANK AT ALL AND IT WAS A SECURED CENTENIAL MASTER CARD
Ra
  6th of Feb, 2011
I have had this card for several years and I get the same run around when I paid by phone, they said "it must not have picked up my proper number" and they charged me a late fee. I paid this card 2 weeks in advance and I am afraid to close these cards because I know they will then try to put negative marks on my credit report. They have me exactly where they want me...in debt with them and no way out. I always pay on time and I feel as if I will never get these cards paid off due to all there fees. It should be a crime what this company does to people.

First Premier Bank / Premier Bankcard Logo First Premier Bank / Premier Bankcard
Overall Satisfaction Rating