First Line by G. E. / Aggressive sales tactics!

There have been numerous complaints made on our neighborhood email group about a young man going door to door telling people that his company will be coming out in several months to "make upgrades" to our security systems. He says that with our present system anybody can cut the phone lines and break in without police being contacted by the alarm system. He does not ask if you are interested in having his company's services but declares that they will come. When I asked if I would then be in contract to buy First Line security services he said yes. Apparently he also asked to use one neighbor's bathroom and another's phone. These are very inappropriate sales tactics if you ask me!

Comments

• Ec
      22nd of Nov, 2008

Beware of this scam! The guys are very nice and polite but they outright lie to you about terms of the contract.
    1. He told me that we could cancel at any time. Of course, I can't !!! I will be charged for 3 years now.
    2. He asked for my bank account number on the form to "verify my address"
    3. Now every month there is a debit made to my account. I am closing my account and making sure everybody knows about this scam.