First Franklin Loan Services / Predatory Lending

1 P.O. Box 1838Pittsburgh, PA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 8003466437

This company gave us a mortgage via a mortgage broker that is a predatory loan.

8.9 % for a "2/28" ARM and 13.55 % for a 40 year fixed second.

This is not what was told to us by our broker.

They are not willing to negociate so they can keep their payments coming in. Basically, they do not care about their customers at all.

Comments

Gl
  30th of Oct, 2008

I lost my job and am trying to make some type of arrangements with First Franklin. They are the most rude people I hav ever dealt with concerning this type of thing. They have no desire to help you or make arrangements for smaller payments or a loan forebearance to help you stay in your home. They could care less. If anyone has any ideas, please respond.

Br
  19th of Nov, 2008

yeah i have an idea... since they are dealing with over 500, 000 people in this situation, hang in there every bank is backed up its a terrible market right now...

Ch
  23rd of Nov, 2008

They are relentless! Horrible organization... I have filed numerous complaints with the AG for harassment and I am current with my mortgage!!! Late but current. They're calling the parents of my boyfriend because I don't always answer their calls. They'll start calling the day after my mortgage is due. I take their calls to let them know that I've paid but they continue to harass me and skip trace immediately. Its horrible and humiliating.

Tl
  26th of Nov, 2008

I agree with all of you! They use to harrass my husband and I- even on holidays, and I promise you. One day, they called us at least 7 times back to back until I picked up the phone, and said just this: "b)#), you've called us at least 7 times and if you call our got d(#( numbers again, I will be on the first plane smoking" I believe I left her speechless! Then, I did a follow up to the company with a letter and informed them, that I don't give a da&# if they foreclose because if it wasn't for my husband, I would have contacted the folks at youwalkaway.com and left their a)#) with the note. That was four months ago, and we've not heard from them. I don't have time for these types of games. Yes, we all have other things that come up especially when you have children and unforeseeable things that could get you behind in your mortagage notes, but, for them to just call you, I mean, they called us on the 4th of July and I was heated. They have that soprano type mentality but, so do I and refuse to be a victim and allow you continue calling my house. Even if you are on time with your payments they call and harass you! I was just fed up! Whether we get back on track -at this point, i could really care less. Yes, like you, I don't want to lose our home, but, at the same time I would rather have a piece of mind, then to be continually harrassed by First Franklin wonderful customer service agents who takes pride in breaking you down. And the sad part, you can speak to a rep one day and tell them what's going on, and i'll be damned if another one doesn't call you the next day asking you the same thing.

Su
  4th of Dec, 2008

I too have tried to keep my home to no avail, I did all they wanted me to do and still I was served with the foreclosure paperwork. I faxed them all of the identicial paper work that I gave them at closing only to find out they are using that paperwork in the suit against me. (There is now a prompt at the number that states all information obtained will be used to get all monies due.) I was told they needed it for the Re-fi of my home and that they were trying to work with me. Well that has been 3 months ago and now I'm loosing my home.
For everytime they have called me and I've answered, they are truely the rudest people I have ever had to deal with and I deal with the public all day long. Yes I owe the money I understand that but with all that is going on (not just with me) you would think they would want to help me keep my home instead of adding it to the stock pile of properties they have aquired. All of my payments were up to date never late till this all happened and I stopped making them when the first rate hike happened because it wasnt what I was told it was going to be when I bought the house.
Yes Franklin gave me my dream... but they sure have turned this into a nightmare !!! Browwers Beware...stay away from this Company they have no work ethic, or customer service skills.

De
  28th of Feb, 2009

I submitted a loan modification to FF in hopes of getting some type of "realistic" help, since my husband lost his job. It took them 5 months to process our request and during the process they begin the foreclosure process on our home because we had gotten three months behind on our payments. When they finally called and inform us that we were approved (one week before our sale date) our new monthly payment was $300.00 more than our original monthly payment. I contacted a real estate agent in hopes of doing a short sale. We recieved 6 offers and FF would not accept it and told us that they will continue with the auction sale. This entire process was just wrong. I think the FF truly does not care about their customers. They were not at anytime willing to work with us. We didn't ask for much--just a lower montly payment until we could get on our feet.

Ib
  24th of Apr, 2009

I have a second on our home with First Franklin-10%, 101, 265.00...yeah that's my second. We have been making payments to them for over two years now, and have in the last 6 months been on again off again with keeping up. I can confirm that we do indeed get calls, but when we pick up there is a long pause-and then nothing. We sat down with a "counselor" and after, no-kidding, an hour and a half we thought that we were getting somewhere. By the end the best solution was to tack on missed payments at the end and then raise our monthly payments for three months, RAISE our payments. I don't care if I don't have to pay for one month, if I had difficulties before, where do you think this extra money is going to come from? I will not work with FF, but am wary of all the Loan Mitigation companies that are now calling because of an online form I filled out. Often they say they are part of the BBB, but when you look them up it says NR (no rating) which could mean a number of things. I know there's help out there, but who can I trust...HUD? Try getting through to a CHWORKS person and let me know how that goes. I have only been trying for three weeks, but with no walk ins and an automated message line it limits your options. I will save my house somehow.

Jf
  30th of Sep, 2009

I have a first and second loan through this company. I was somewhat ok with the unreasonable terms in thoughts I could make the payments for 2 years and then re-fianace. In depth look in to my loans when no one would touch me showed their ugly terms. My company laid off 80% of it's workforce and myself and my fiance was laid-off for three months and I approched them 6 months prior explaining things seem to be taking a down turn. All this year they have been reluctant to help me, they are now forcing me out of my home. I SOLD EVERYTHING OF VALUE AND SENT THEM A $2500 MAKE-UP CHECK THAT THEY REFUSED AND SENT THE CHECK BACK TO ME! i FEEL THEY KNOWINGLY UNDERSTAND THEY ARE GOING DOWN AND THEY ARE GOING TO TAKE US ALL DOWN WITH THEM!

Je
  17th of Sep, 2010

i refinanced with first franklin loan service in 2006 with a payout of 69, 875.00 and my loan amount went too 77.500.00. know i find out it was a loan called predatory lending. these people are no good. they forclosing on my house now.