First DAta/ merchant linx Services / Misrepresented/ RIp OFF

1 Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States Review updated:

We had Mr. Randy Jacobs ( Merchant Linx Rip-off well trained specialty sales person) coming to our store promising that we would save $10, 000.00 a year if You switch over to them, guaranteing lower rates that we currently had...He also offered the equipment leasing that would pay for itself on the end. He set us up with the service and leasing...and my biggest mistake: automatic deductions from our bank account. when we received the first bill, they were charging us for 2 accounts claiming one to be for a debit card and the other for regular credit card, they also want to charge us an access fee for us to see our statement online( which was written on paper that this service would be for free). We called them complaining and led us to nowhere, their unprofessional amazon Indians that work there came with all kind of BS to try to convince me that that means something else...they even hung up the phone on us many times...The company is a joke... They came up with al kind of charges to screw us.THEY RIP OFF MANY STORES IN FORT LAUDERDALE AREA, STAY AWAY FROM THEM.!!! WE had to close our bank account and pay off the leasing of the machine...which is still going..Now we are back with our original credit card processor, which is our bank..Our law firm is preparing a lawsuit against them, and if you would like to join us...be welcome..

4w

Comments

• Di
      22nd of Dec, 2008

leaders merchant services scammed me and told me that they were with my bank-Wells Fargo- they even had the gull to use wells fargo's name all over their paperwork- stay away from them as well - spread the word

• Vi
      10th of May, 2009

Check your credit report... First Data destroyed my credit!!! They might of done it to you too...
    Make sure you pull your credit report... If your situation is anything like what I experienced with First Data, then you should check your credit report. My story can be found on NewLawsNow.com ... Good luck...

• 4w
      19th of May, 2009

I am looking for individuals that got hurt by the same company to do a mass lawsuit, our company already have a good lawyer.. the lawsuit will be held in the state of florida in broward county. If you are interest in stopping those criminals for all the misrepresentation that they did please e.mail to contact@4wheelsautosound.com put your phone #, then we all will go ahead and fight for all our loss and put those a.h. out of business.

• Bi
      13th of Jun, 2009

Just set up lease in the last month. Went to Wells Fargo stating I wanted to purchase the machine. The lady talked me into a lease due to the increased length of the warranty. I was told the cost per month for the lease and was told there were no hidden or extra charges for the machine.

I started getting letters stating that I have to provide evidence of insurance or pay another $5 a month for their insurance provider. I checked my renters insurance and it was covered so I called to let them know I had the insurance. They said they needed a written statement from my insurance company that the machine was covered.

They then told me that with my insurance company, they would pay for the cost of the machine but I would still be stuck with the lease on the machine and no replacement machine. I would have to start a new lease to get another machine and still pay off the old lease. They are saying with their lease company you get a replacement machine and you don't have to start a new lease. Sounds like a hustle to me.

Don't know why Wells Fargo didn't disclose this. I have never seen the contract. I had to ask them to mail me one. Will be curious what it reveals, I may want to join the lawsuit after reading it. How do you join?

Thanks

• Ke
      8th of Sep, 2009

We have an automobile repair shop. I switched to merchant linx and found out this was a very big mistake. I was mislead and ripped off by this company, huge regrets and lost money. It is not uncommon to have swipes of $3000.00 and over in a automobile repair shop, they held my batch from one whole day for two weeks because of a large swipe. I put a call into them and was directed to risk management dept. It took me two weeks to get my money, I was not told about this when I signed the contract. We switched back to my old merchant server ( my bank ) and we have had many problems. I was told I cannot get out of the contract and will be charged. We had to change account numbers to stop them from taking money out of my account. THIS COMPANY IS A RIP OFF