First Data Global Leasing / fraud

FL, United States Review updated:

This company Sales Representative came to my store offering a government service to accept EBT payments. We were sure that this lady was a government representative and no a sales person from a leasing company. She was not clear at all on how the charges were goin to be and said that we are not going to have to pay anything until the first month of using the equipment is done. She didn't even installed the equipment, nor gave us any training. But told us to say that everything is working fine if someone from the verification company calls to verify us. This is what we did. Then on next day we had a $20 charge for no reason at all on out bank account, and another $78.78 charge for the first month of leasing. And we don't even have the service set up. Also the contracts that she told me to say was a 6 pages contract, I never have it on my hands, I only show me the places to sign and never show me the last page of this contract and also didn't let me a copy of this contract. Anyway, when I called to cancel this contract, they told me I need to send a letter and that there is a charge of $30 for no reason, and also $934.00 to be able to cancel the contract. I talked to a representative on the company to see if he can help me with this cancellation, but after all these bad reviews I am reading I doubt he will do anything for me. I just hope somebody can do something so these people cannot operate anymore. I don't understand how they can work like that. It has been very dificult for us get all licences and permissions to have our store working and people like that is just there doing all this and nobody does anything about it.

Comments

• Tw
      Oct 08, 2010

First they sent me a machine that didn't work. Then a representative told me he could get me a machine that did work. It worked, but they are still charging me for both machines claiming "the lease is non-cancellable" I've had to shut down my bank accounts twice. Now they are calling me several times a day from an anonymous phone number and leaving messages. Every time I called it was a run around and always the same response "the lease is non-cancellable" This is the worst company I have ever dealt with and I am sure there is a major class action lawsuit brewing if not already one. Also, TCF BANK should be ashamed of having their name associated with a scam company like this!

• Ri
      Nov 19, 2010

This company fraudulently takes money from my checking account. My account has been closed with this company for approx.7 yrs and they pop back up and state that I still owe them money and start taking funds from my account without notification or authorization. When they have your account # they continue to take funds whenever they want to.

• Fi
      Dec 01, 2010

Merchant Lynx was the company I though I was signing a contract with. It was not until I started seeing all these extra fees being withdrawn from my business acct. from an unknown company. When I called Merchant Lynx about the withdraws, this is when they told me it was from First Data Global Leasing and it was never revealed to me by my Salesman, Matt Mills about another company involved in this contract. Furthermore, my salesman gave me his business card with a corporate number out of Atlanta Ga. When I tried to get in touch with him through corporate, they would not give me his direct number nor would they pass on a message to him. That my folks is very suspicious. Once I had gotten the number for First Data, the representative name Arlene told me that I had signed a non cancellation contract and that I was bonded to this lease. I told them that Merchant Lynx misrepresented them by not mentioning First Data on the contract nor did the salesman speak of First Data Global as the leasing company for the machine. This is fraud and the contract should be null and void. Since May of 2007 of my signing of the contract, I have had several bottom feeders "debt collectors" trying to get money from me. I don't even owe them money, I sent their machine back on February 2008 certified, signed receipt. To Date I now have a district court date with a Bottom Feeder. With all my data against First Data Global and Merchant Lynx, I am hoping that the District Court Judge will see what scammers these companies are and not give them anything. As I read all the complaints about this company, I see that it is similar to most complaints. My question is why Merchant Lynx and First Data still in business scamming small businesses? Why aren't the Feds going after them. They need to be stopped, they are hurting a lot of businesses and getting away with it.

• To
      Dec 28, 2010

In July 2006, I signed a contract leasing a credit card machine from Data Global Leasing for 4 years lease. In July 2010, my contract is up. I called them what should I do to close my lease account. They told me that I have 2 choices, one is to buy out the machine for $177.86 by sending the money and I will be clean and clear and two, to send them the machine and the last payment rent for $ 47.96 then they will close my lease account. I chose the number two choice by sending them $47.96 and the machine to the address that they provided. One week later I called and asked if they receive the payment and the machine, they claimed machine that I sent was broken (I perfectly wrapped with buble wrap and packed in a strong box). I asked what was wrong with the machine they could not tell me at that time and she told me she would call back and let me know later, but I never received her phone call. On December 16, 2010, I received a bill from them for $202.96 without explanation what was for. My husband called them and asked she told my husband there was a missing part from the machine that I never received with the machine at the first place. Now, they demand $202.96 to close my lease account. I'm not sure if they receive the money they will leave me alone.

• Tr
      Jun 28, 2011

I also had a card machine from FDGL that I first got in 2007 with a four year lease. I switched and got a second machine - again from the same FDGL - but was told that I would have to pay the remainder of the lease - 2 years of payments at $49.95 a month for NOTHING! I paid it in full and sent the machine back with a confirmation receipt request. They received it and signed for it on 16 May 2011. Yet, they continue to take the $49.95 out each month and trying to get an answer is so damn frustrating - told three times a supervisor would call me back - they always seem to be in meetings! I am going to the bank today to close my account and I am also sending their other machine back too! I dare them to ask me to pay the remainder of the lease on it! I will be going to www.processpremier.com to get a lease through a REAL and responsible supplier! Never, never get a card machine through FDGL!!! BEWARE!!!

• De
      Jul 17, 2011

This happened to me, real similar. I never used it but they kept taking unauthorized funds. Rake them to small claims court with you;re bank statements but also list and total all inauthorized then total it. Make triplet copies. In a magazine or internet find a similar new processor for sale $749, 00 average retail value. In writing explain and underline what was promised and what you actually got in you're agreement. Make triple copies of everything and put in three different folders. When you go to trial bevause they lied to you and oh yes, bring articles and complaints fro oters posted on the internet, they will probably not be there and commit perjury. At court one copy to judge one to defendent if there and you keep one/ Even though defendant is not there the judge will ask you to explain you're case. You task her to read the the file, she will agree and then ask you a couple of questions and you will win. Not only was fraud committed but the contract is overbearing to a small business person. It is also unconscionable, where cost what they are charging you is many times greater than the actual value, furthermore they made it impossible. You most likely win by default.

• Ro
      Mar 31, 2016

First Data Global Leasing (affiliated with Northern Leasing Systems and Wholesale Merchant Processing, Inc.) has allowed a sales rep to forge a contract for leasing equipment. This appears to be a "normal" process with the company. Are other similar victims still interested in joining together to pursue legal action together? If so, get in touch.