First Data Global Leasing / terrible experience

First Data Global Leasing
We live in Northern Wisconsin and have been scammed by First Data also.

We called their customer service department approximately two years ago to return our machine and cancel the contract. We obtained a cancellation number and the address to return the machine toin New York. We sent it via UPS and obtained a tracking number and followed step by step the process and were reassured everything was complete.

2 years later, we closed one of our business accounts at the bank. All of a sudden we receive this letter (the only one) that we were being turned into collections because our lease payment had not cleared. We went back in our records and found First Data had never canceled out the lease and we had paid it for two years after cancellation. Because we have several businesses and were retiring, we had thought this amount on our statement was for our last business.

We called First Data and explained the situation, we gave them our cancellation number, UPS number and Faxed supporting documentation to them. They said we should have worked with leasing and not customer service, they do not have cancellation numbers, the UPS number cannot be tracked after two years and had not even looked at what we Fax'ed to them. They chastised us for working with customer service and not leasing???

We have hours on the phone with them, the employees are extremely rude. We still have not resolved this, but will contact our congressman, state attorney general, Better Business Bureau and put bad reviews on the internet. We are tired of being on hold forever, calls not being returned and rude employees throwing up every possible hurdle they can.

This company and it's employees are the worst of the worst.

A  8th of May, 2009 by
I agree that if you want merchant services, run AWAY from First Data. Smarmy salesmen who sell snake oil. Don't get involved with this company. There are plenty of other credit card processing companies who will be available when you need them, send supplies, and actually have customer service. First Data does not!
A  10th of May, 2009 by
Check your credit report... First Data destroyed my credit!!! They might of done it to you too...
Make sure you pull your credit report... If your situation is anything like what I experienced with First Data, then you should check your credit report. My story can be found on NewLawsNow.com ... Good luck...
A  21st of Jul, 2009 by
Nothing but problems with First Data. I returned the equipment 6 months ago and they show no records of it thus I own them an additional $200 on top of all of the fees for equipment that I haven't had during the last 6 months. Terrible customer service-run away from First Data and don't look back!
N  21st of Jul, 2009 by
Oddly enough I sent my equipment ot NY as well. Customer service says that the warehouse does not have a phone number (?) thus the burden of proof rests on me to prove that the equipment was recieved.
N  18th of Jan, 2013 by
I too have been scammed by first data globel leasing. Got phone call this am I no long have an account and do not have a credit card machine they tell me I have to pay 2300.00 for a machine I do not have if I don't pay they will ruin my credit for 7 years.
Oh this done by bank of america first data.
does anyone have any help
weona pet resort