First Data Global Leasing / terrible experience
We live in Northern Wisconsin and have been scammed by First Data also.
We called their customer service department approximately two years ago to return our machine and cancel the contract. We obtained a cancellation number and the address to return the machine toin New York. We sent it via UPS and obtained a tracking number and followed step by step the process and were reassured everything was complete.
2 years later, we closed one of our business accounts at the bank. All of a sudden we receive this letter (the only one) that we were being turned into collections because our lease payment had not cleared. We went back in our records and found First Data had never canceled out the lease and we had paid it for two years after cancellation. Because we have several businesses and were retiring, we had thought this amount on our statement was for our last business.
We called First Data and explained the situation, we gave them our cancellation number, UPS number and Faxed supporting documentation to them. They said we should have worked with leasing and not customer service, they do not have cancellation numbers, the UPS number cannot be tracked after two years and had not even looked at what we Fax'ed to them. They chastised us for working with customer service and not leasing???
We have hours on the phone with them, the employees are extremely rude. We still have not resolved this, but will contact our congressman, state attorney general, Better Business Bureau and put bad reviews on the internet. We are tired of being on hold forever, calls not being returned and rude employees throwing up every possible hurdle they can.
This company and it's employees are the worst of the worst.
More First Data Global Leasing Complaints & Reviews
- First Data Merchant Services - I hope no one uses this company 
- First Data Merchant Services - beware 
- First Data Global Leasing - credit card processing 
- First Data Merchant Services - First Data Global Leasing - corrupt and dishonest company 
- First Data Merchant Services - deceptive business practices 
- First Data Corporation - credit card processing service - merchant services
- First Data Global Leasing - they tell you no fee then I signed the contract and then there was a $159 a month lease for 4 years
- First Data - terminal lease
- First Data Merchant Services - false billing? 
- First Data - leasing terminals for 50$-$300 a month