First Convience BankAwful bank

D Review updated:

First the bank closed the branch that was convient. Now they are not convient! I have inquired several times about new locations in my area and there are no plans to become convient for me. Today I needed to check some online payments. If you have more than one account with a vendor their is no reference to the account the payment was credited . I called the bank and was transfered to online banking where I was told that since my husband opened the online pay he was the only one that could get infomation. The kicker is that both our names are on the checking account!! I asked how I could get my name on the online account and was told I would have to apply for my own online account, which of course he would not be able to access. OK enough said for CONVIENCE!! We are going to close this account. This bank just wears you out. Banking should not be soooo dificult.

• C
      Jan 14, 2011
    First Convience Bank - bank account
    first convience bank
    Lewisville
    Texas

Looking at previous reviews, there isn’t much more that can be said about this bank, but here you go.

My daughter inadvertently over drafted. Within 2 days, the OD charges had run up to $300+. We went down and took care of the charges, as well as closing the account. They tried to get her to leave the account open with a dollar in it. (I'm sure this was so they could find other charges to collect)

We refused and closed the account. 5 days later, a netflix $9.00 charge came in, which sent the already closed account into OD again? At this point, they started adding up daily charges for OD. They kept doing this for 2 months, without any contact. At this point, they sent to collections and are calling her 5+ times a day.

She is a struggling single mother, trying to make ends meet. I could help out and pay these fees again, but whats to say that this wont happen again as the account was already closed.

I put some of the blame for how this bank is preying on people who are having difficulties, on Walmart, as Walmart must know of their business practices, and lets them prey on their customers.

Start taking your complaints to the grocery stores who are hosting these banks.

disgusted..

First Convience Bank - NSF charges
    Lynda Wiggins
    Amarillo
    Texas

My husband's checking acct had $306.75 balance. He wrote me a check for $300.00. He was thinking he wrote it for $200.00 & used his ATM card for purchases $ 26.98 $16.29 $3.16. An unauthorized charge of $36.00 was on there and the bank is investigating. The bank cleared the $300.00 check but charged him $34.97 NSF because the ATM charges were pending, but they did not occur until the day AFTER the $300.00 ck cleared. Then they charged him for those transactions plus the $36.00. $34.97 each. His online statement shows his balance as $6.75 after the $300.00 ck cleared. When he asked why he was charged for it, he was told he was already overdrawn because of the pending transactions that the bank was holding the funds for. How can they charge a fee for something that after they cleared it showed a bal. in the black?

• J
      May 19, 2011
    First Convience Bank - unauthorized Charges
    First Convience Bank
    6114 Brookgate Dr.
    Spring

DO NOT USE THIS BANK

I just opened the account and charges 15.00 for gas at Exxon. The receipt that printed charged me 15.00 but Exxon ran 91.00 through my bank. Exxon reversed the 75.00 charge the same day however the bank said that I was now in overdraft. I should have had 20.00 left in my bank instead I am now at a negative of 412.00 in insufficent fees they charges 34.97 for a 1.07 at redbox even though the 75.00 was reversed the same day and never posted to my account. I keep arguing with them telling them this was an unauthorized charge. They are refusing to reverse the charges I get automatic deposit and my check will automatically go in and still not cover all the charges. I just moved out of my mothers and got the bank account to get an apartment now. I work 60 hours a week and a full time college student. How can a bank be allowed to do this. I have talked to friends in the neighborhood and they have the same story with this bank. I wish I would have asked before I joined this bank.

• D
      Jan 20, 2012
    First Convience Bank - unauthorized Charges
    Texas

This bank has the worst fee's and customer service i have ever experienced. Had a fraudulent charge that occurred and so had an investigation done. Well needless to say i had been charged fraudulently but instead of getting my money back. i was once again charged for a Stop payment Fee. Which i never said to do and seems like why did i even bother doing that if i ended up the same way? I hate this Bank and everyone that works there.