FIRST CONSUMERS NATIONAL BANK / Scam

I have had a problem with First Consumers National Banks’ credit card for about five months now. My problem started in June when I was told that I didn’t need to make a minimum payment.

Odd I thought, but what the heck?

The following month I received an over the limit charge because the finance charges brought me over my limit. With each call to their “customer service” (term used loosely) center, I was never given the correct amount to pay to keep my balance below it’s limit enough so that the finance charges wouldn’t send it over again.

Even thought I would ask, “Will this be enough of a payment to cover finance charges?” They would always say yes. Were they lying on purpose?

For four months I would call, get an amount to send and receive over the limit fees anyway. My last amount to pay was $170.00, for which I sent $200.00 instead. Most of the phone calls to the “customer service” center were NOT recorded or logged! Scary!

Here’s another scary thought: That they can access your account and not have it be logged in anyway!

They are refusing to take the over the limit charges off even though it was their fault. Had they given me correct amounts to pay, there wouldn’t have been a problem.

I’ve since canceled the card because of this problem.

Has anyone else had bad dealings with First Consumers National Bank? They are affiliated with Eddie Bauer, Spiegel and Newport News Women’s Clothing too, so if you possess credit cards for any of those companies BEWARE!

Comments

• St
      Nov 12, 2008
    FIRST CONSUMERS NATIONAL BANK - On my Credit report

I got my free credit report today. This company was on it. I tried to call but got no answer (busy tone). Went to google and found out this company bailed out on all its customers. Now im left with a 825.00 charge and bad credit. Help!!! How can i get this fixed??