First Consumer Cardmember Services

Posted:

Penalty and fees

Years back we opened a credit card with First Consumer... and all was fine... however once we reached the age of retirement along with the fact the credit card fees and charges became a serious monetary issue, we became overwhelmed as we had approximately reached our credit line(which was not very high amount, couple thousand) at which time we suspended any and all charges, which has been for the last several years... however the horrid fees and penalties have caused the amount due to keep rising and the monthly payments are more then we can handle with our social security/disability income.

We wrote to this company and asked if we could resolve this bill, since the biggest portion now is not actual charges by us but from penalty and fees added monthly.

We are seeking to remedy this bill if the company will come to terms to reduce the amount due to allow us to borrow from family and/or friends in order to clear it once and for all.

The only alternative would be bankruptcy and we really don't wish to take that avenue... .we want to pay for any actual charges but we believe all the fees and penalty's can be resolved if the company is willing... however despite our requests, to date we have heard nothing.

We have asked them to respond to us via our address given, which is 1161 south loop road 4-404 pahrump, nevada 89048.

Is there anyway you can contact this company and initiate a resolve... we check mail regularly and will appreciate a letter or email.

God Bless
Alice & Paul.

Company details:

First Consumer Cardmember services
p.o. box 2638
Omaha, Nebraska 68103
1-866-691-0053
Complaint comments Comments (3) Complaint country United States Complaint category Computers & Accessories

Comments

A  26th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
I called First USA (cardmember servcies) to cancel the card as i had not used it in 10 years and was talked into transferring a balance to them for 0%APR, which I did. I wrote the information Down as I spoke to the woman and immediately set up automatic payments from my checking account. Two months went by and I never received a card or any information from the company and could not get online to check my account, so I found a number and called customer service. I learned that my $100.00 monthly payments had arrived on time, but they did NOT meet their minimum so that hit me with high fees and jacked the APR up. I explained I never received any information from them and was unaware. I agreed to make an additional payment that the man said would straighten it out and he would get the fee removed. The next month there were more fees and the APR was even higher! I made many phone calls the service people transferred me to all over. The last woman I talked to would not listen to me when I told her about never receiving information and my good faith attempts to straighten out the account. As far as not knowing about the minimum payment she told me, "You got that information when you originally opened the account!" I reminded her that account was opened over ten years ago and I had not used the card in that time. She was silent when I said that this was a scam and that I was screwed. I thanked her for her honesty and transferred the balance to another card. Today I got a long email about how the card company had changed the agreement and from now on any class action suits would NOT be able to use arbitration. This company stinks!

Vicki Barlow
A  27th of May, 2011 by    0 Votes
How can I get them to stop calling me?????????? I never owned their card...
N  27th of May, 2011 by    0 Votes
Card Member Services calls continually asking "If I would like to reduce my credit card interest rates"...I have asked to remove myself from their list. They never do. Just now I waited to speak to the caller again and she said there are 800 of them and she could only remove me from her list. Is there nothing that can be done to the company itself?????????

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree