First Choice PowerHorrid and Unethical Service

I have been a customer of FCP for 2 years after switching from Reliant. My bill has been paid on time and in full nearly every month. I say nearly because I was short $15 one month and they disconnected my services immediately then charged an enormous reconnect fee. I was never late again after that experience. Recently my family lost everything we owned to a house fire. We just moved into a new house and 3 months ago just down the street from our old home and immediately hit with a $400 bill. After going thru all available channels for assistance I was forced to call FCP to setup a payment plan. I followed the steps exactly and they seemed very happy to assistance with the setup but I had to make a $90 payment in two payments on 2 separate days. Two days after making the payments I got a disconnect notice.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Dallas, TXAfter calling to find out why I received the notice I was told (very rudely) that the payments had to be made together and by the day prior to the date I actually made the second payment. (the second payment was made with an agent who understood it was to be applied to the $90 fee). After disputing this with the agent I was informed it wouldn't be until after my services were disconnected that they could verify the voice recordings and I would have no recourse other than to pay the bill in full. The agent then cut me off and asked if there was anything else she could help me with. I have never felt so helpless. I have 3 young children and a disabled wife. I have no idea how I will be able to explain to them why we don't have electricity during some of the hottest days of the summer when the temperatures meet and exceed 110 degrees. I will pay the bill but will never do business with them again. I will also advise everyone I know never to do business with them. This letter will be sent to the BBB and anyone else I can find that will listen.

Comments

Mar 13, 2014

Too many issues with this company that we never requested to be our energy service provider. Customer service is horrible worse nightmare. I called because I received a statement from your company that I was not even aware of. When I called I was transferred 5 different times hung up on twice put on hold for what seemed an eternity. Finally I was able to speak to a so called "supervisor"Kenya with ID#174522 which hung up on me after requesting to speak to her manager. I was informed that they could transfer my service back to my previous provider but I would still be responsible for the balance. I now have 2 statement one from the energy company I have been doing business with for over 3 years and from first choice power. I don't understand why I would be responsible for a statement and have to wait 30-45 days before going back to my previous energy provider. When I asked for a reference number for the conversation and call she stated that they don't have any, are you kidding me. What type of company doesn't have reference numbers for the conversation they have with there customer. It is very upsetting that they set up this account in the first place and second of all the time I had to spend on the phone and the overall experience received by your representatives. When I asked for the corporate phone number they stated they do have one but they could not provide one that I would need to search it online. What type of customer experience is that? I need for someone to call me back from corporate office or Kenya's manager to complaint about the worst customer experience I've had with your company.