First Choice / Never again

On our final day in sunny beach (Bulgaria), my family had to be out the apartment by 12 midday, we were not to be picked up until half past 2 the following morning, I found this appalling, the staff in the golden dreams apartments where we stayed were very unhelpful and the attitude was terrible, in the lounge area there were only 2 small sofas where another 2 couples were sitting as they were on the same flight as us, so there was only the floor for us, we sat in the bar for a bit but the guy put us out about half 12, so we were left outside and the temperature had dropped rapidly, so was very cold, I will never book with first choice again and I certainly will never recommend them to anyone, I would like a reply from first choice.

Va

Comments

• Go
      24th of Oct, 2009
    First Choice - Awful company
    First Choice
    firstchoice.co.uk

My wife, 2 children of 8yrs and 2yrs and myself stayed in the First Choice Holiday Village, Benalmadina, Spain from 6/3/09-13/3/09 self catering, when we arrived I noticed a partition between the sink and bath was slightly loose.I just did not think it warrantied reporting.On Thursday 12/3/09 the hotel demanded 135 euros after I informed them that it had fallen completely away from the wall and shattered after falling on a metal hand grab rail in the bath.I told them my 2yrs old little girl was about to have a bath so we asked my 8yrs old little girl to turn on the water tap.I also told the hotel that she could have knocked or brushed the partition turning the tap on, they said if I dont pay the money I will be arrested and First Choice said they will not fly my family and myself home, I reported the matter to the Spanish Police Nationale who said no offence had been committed but I was still made to pay a reduced 105 euros or I would still be arrested and refused to be flown home by First Choice, so I had to pay the money to which I have an original receipt from the hotel.

26th of Aug, 2011
    First Choice - Refund Not Received
    First Choice

I booked a flight to Cancun on 27th April and was supposed to be flying the next day. Due to the flu which was going around my particular flight was cancelled. I called First Choice and was told that I would receive a full refund within five days back onto my card. Five days passed and I was checking my card everyday and it hasn't gone back onto my card. I have called First Choice at least 10 times and everytime I speak to somebody I am told that they can see the notes on my account and the refund has been sent to the Accounts department to be processed and I should just wait. After waiting two weeks, I called yesterday and spoke to somebody who said he would transfer me to the correct person, when the person answered she said that she was from Travel Agent Enquiries department and could not help me, she transferred me to somebody who could help. Recruitment! Obviously they couldn't help me so they transferred me to somebody else but the line cut off before I even got through to them. IN between being transferred I was waiting at least 10 minutes on hold. I tried emailing First Choice and received an email back asking me to call the Accounts department and gave me a number, when I called the number it says that the number is not in use. I went to a First Choice shop yesterday and explained to them that my phone bill is now over £40 of phone calls to First Choice and I asked could I use their phone to call them rather than my own. The lady called on my behalf, waiting on hold for five minutes and then told me that she will be waiting all day just like I was and they don't have the time to wait. She advised me to wait until the end of next week as they have a backlog. I told her that people travelling in my group received their refund within a couple of days. I have travelled with First Choice four times in the last two years and I can confidently say that I will never travel with them again. I wouldn't rest knowing that if something happened while I was on holiday I would get the same treatment as I am getting now. Which is no treatment at all!