First Capital Securities Inc / Awful experience

United States Review updated:

A letter notifying me of my winnings and a check for $4, 875.00 was sent. The letter informed me that the check was to cover the government taxes, on my total winnings of $125, 000.00. The notification informed me NOT to deposit the check until I had called the number provided. When I called the number, I was instructed to speak to Mr. George Stanley (claim agent). He instructed me to then deposit the check, get a moneygram or western union amount of $2, 975.00. I was then to call him back so that he could instruct me on where to send the ' Government Taxes'. Once that money was received First Capital Securities Inc. would issue the remaining balance of my winnings, $120, 125.00.
Va

Comments

Gi
  24th of Nov, 2008
I received a check from First Capital Securities in the amount of $4, 875.00 check no#1679
account 001679 267083763 0065079467

The letter stated I won $125, 000.00 and tax monies in the amount of $2, 975.00 were to be paid. I called the claim agent at 1-647-208-9930 and requested to speak to Helen Campbell my suppose to be claim agent. Her male secretary said she was out. Before going any further with this I looked up on line and sure enough found that they are RIP OFF ARTISTS and this is a scam. Be careful everyone. Its close to the holidays and sure enough these people will get you. Call the Banks, look up the companies on line and do not let your bank information out of your hands. Im so glad I took the 5 minutes to save myself from a world of trouble. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas! I hope you do not get screwed with this scam!!!
Wi
  6th of Apr, 2009
I'm unemployed and have my resume on a couple of prominent job websites. I've received the following email twice now. I knew it was too good to be true but decided to check up on them on this and other scam-alert websites just in case I might be mistaken. I wonder if the scam was for me or was I to be employed to scam others. In any case I don't want either.

First Capital is a world-widely recognized financial management company with operating
headquarters in London, United Kingdom. We specialize in delivering positive business
results through solving currency exchange problem as well as online payments and
transactions, their tools being innovative solutions, high performance and e-commerce
optimization techniques.

We offer a "work at home" part-time position "Regional Manager". This includes processing
payments between our partners' clients and our company, ensure all personal data relating
to customers is maintained, accurate and kept discreet, identifying opportunities to improve
service delivery.

Position Type: Permanent.
Working hours: 9:00AM - 1:00PM weekdays. Variable overtime is also required.
Occupation Type: part-time (1-5 hours a day occupation).
Salary: $30 per hour.

Professional qualities and skills:

* Scrupulous and diligent;
* Computer literate;
* Good organizational and administrative skills;
* Payment procedures prior experience would be an asset;
* Ability to work independently.

Please REPLY to this e-mail to receive further information and application forms.

Yours sincerely,