First Bank / 4% Money Market

1 Rocklin, CA, United States

The First Bank branch in Rocklin, CA posted a 4% Money Market account banner outside of their branch. I went in and opened an account. I wrote a check from brokerage account on Oct. 24, 2008, the check cleared my brokerage account on Oct 27, 2008, the money was no longer in this brokerage account and no longer making interest in this brokerage account. Today is Nov 5, 2008 (9 days) and this money is still not available in for withdrawl. This money is not earning interest? I called the customer service and explained that the brokerage account customer service confirmed that First Bank had the cash in their bank on Oct. 27. yet I am still not earning the 4$ interest, the First Bank customer service agent pretty much said he has no idea why, I believe from talking to this guy that he does not no what interest is. The question is this, who is earning the interest on my money if it is not me. The answer is: First Bank. I have had accounts at Bank of America and I have never seen this occur.