First Avenue Lending Group / Fraud and scam

1 2-100 Overlook CenterPrinceton, NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 213-291-1900

These are the same people as Charterstone Financial and Hudson Lending. They are going by the name of FIRST AVENUE LENDING GROUP. Just like the others, they asked for the money upfront, which I did of course via Moneygram. Which I realize now is a very bad idea from reading all of these reports. They are in Canada.

I first spoke to Jason Benson. Thereafter, I spoke to Scott Harper. Scott stated that there was a discrepancy in their files. (of course this is after they received the first payment.) They will keep asking for more money. I am now asking for a refund... but I doubt that I will see that money.

Va

Comments

• Mo
      14th of Nov, 2008

Hudsonlendinggroup- is definitly a scam!!! I should have known better but I did send the money, and they did ssay I would be receiving my refund on there next billing cycle (yeah right), they did try and get more money due to a reassement of my credit score they needed another $820.00, I asked for a refund of the first $820.00 I send them, the cust service rep was the worst person to speak to, along with his nasty attitude, he was just a horrible person.

21st of Nov, 2008

This group is a scam. I am in the military and I came home from Iraq. I had money saved up from Iraq, but I could use a little more to help my mom pay off some things. As soon as I arrived from the airport, my mom told me that someone called there by the name of Terry Wilson. I called him back and he said that I was approved for 20, 000. I could use the money so without thinking I called him back. He told me that I was approved with the condition of sending him $2300. So I sent him the rest of the money for a mustang that I purchased. He said that I would get the money the very next day. I checked my bank account a million times making broken promises to my family about how I would help them out really soon. I also wanted to get my cousin a car for watching my son while I was in Iraq. But the money was not there so I called him back and he said that my account went to his manager because of my credit. So he could not get into my account. So I talked to his manager and he said that I needed another $2300 to get the loan and I told him that I did not have the money and he asked me if I could take out a loan to get the money. (Why would you have to give to get a loan)? That still did not hit me yet because I was looking at all the thngs that I could do with the money. So I scraped up another $1500 and sent it to him. They act so good because they know who needs money. He told me that his customers said that the moneygrams in all of the wal-marts had been down, but I wanted to check for myself because I wanted to help so many people. I sent the $1500 and he said he would credit the rest to my account. The very next day, I checked my bank account and still no money. So I called Terry Wilson back mad as hell. They act like they did not know me everytime that I called which was a giveaway. Every business knows their customers. So me and my mom finally looked them up on the internet and saw that it was a scam. When I sat and pieced everything together like sending money to Emily in Canada and this company is in New Jersey but on the website, there is no number, but you can only send your email, and the customer service only goes to the boss which is so bootleg, I was so mad. But I am cool. They have really put some people in debt. But they forgot one thing...they messed with a soldier that was in Iraq fighting for their country. They don't know how the system works. I can't say what I did, but I can say that very soon, they will be in jail. Please don't fall for this scam. If you are making it now, you can surely make it without a loan. The best remembered times are the hard times anyways.

• Li
      19th of Aug, 2015

I just wanted everyone to know that I almost fell for this exact scam... They now go by the name of First Avenue Capital Group. The lady i spoke with was a Michelle Lawson Senior Consultant. I would love to know how she sleeps at night. She called and send I was approved for 8000.00 and that i could receive my $ in just a few hours. I needed to western union money to a Kimberly Do err which the phone she gave is not in service. She told me that was fine.
    587-412-5569
    The current address they are using is 449 1st Ave New York NY 10016
    1-888-681-6657 and Michelle ext: 410
    I had to pay 240.00 a month and they would need 2 months in advance, First payment would't come out till Nov. We sent the money, but my gut didn't feel right so the next day i called western union and asked to put a stop, thank god it was just in time.
    I hope know else falls for this and wish everyone good luck.

• St
      24th of Aug, 2015

Yes I just got scammed on Friday by Michelle Lawson ext 410 I sent 440 and of course my money wasn't released and now they're asking for another 440.. How do these scammers get away with this? I'm not impressed, I know I won't get my money back but how can these people be reported?

• Ta
      24th of Aug, 2015

same person Michelle Lawson who I was talking to and I sent money as well.. POS people I tell you!!! the number I had was 1-888-681-6657 was this the same number you had Stacey19?

• Ta
      24th of Aug, 2015

what can we do to put a stop to these people? They deserve to be in Jail and we deserve our hard earned money back!!