First American Home Warranty / Watch out for them!

On April 28, 2017, I requested a service for my kitchen oven range and dish washer for my house, now is May 28, 2017. It has been a month from the date I requested the service and I am still without a working oven, range, and dish washer. I call the service department almost everyday. The only reply I got was “we are waiting for the tech to contact us back, there’s nothing I can do for you. We will call you tomorrow”. Then I’ll never hear from the same person again. Call again the next day, same answer! I was not able to cook for the past month, and all I got was very poor customer service from the reps. the only time they care about you was to get your money, like I needed my water heater fix last time. They charged me over $300 dollars on the so call "fix to up to the city code" standard, and they didn't even put a stand for my new heater. (city require a 12 inches stand for all water heater). I could’ve just buy a brand new heater for 200 bucks and install it myself. Homeowners out there, if you are searching for home warranty, make sure First American is not on your list. They do NOT care about you besides getting your money. Watch out for them.

Comments

• Va
      15th of Dec, 2007
    First American Home Warranty - Terrible service!
    homewarranty.firstam.com

So in July my dishwasher broke. The very next day after I called to report it a technician was at my house. They explained the pump was broken. It would take a day to get the part in and the dishwasher should be repaired within a week. Didn't happen. I called every day, sometimes more than once. My rep never returned one call. I could tell you the rest of the story, but I know that First American has already wasted enough of your time. After eight long weeks, the dishwasher was finally fixed.

The reason I found this website it that tonight my microwave just broke and I have to call it in. I need to get this one resolved at least eight times quicker. In hindsight, I am glad it wasn't something I absolutely need like my refrigerator or hot water heater. I can wash the dishes by hand.

It is interesting to see that everyone else has had the same experiences with their poor customer service. I talked to everyone I who would listen and no one ever returned a call. I was left on hold for over 20 minutes.

My realtor recommended this company to me. I let her know of my experiences...

• De
      17th of Jan, 2008
    First American Home Warranty - 2 mths still waiting for service!
    California

Do NOT get involved with this company!! I wish I had seen this website before I purchased the "home warranty" thru them. What a joke! I have been trying to get the tub upstairs fixed for 2mths now (not kidding) and they "work orders" never make it over to the contractors... I have been MORE than patient with this company and this past Tuesday I called and demanded the rep place me on hold and make the appt for someone to come out this week. She made an appt for today and they were due out between 8am-12pm... Well it was 11:30 and I called to CONFIRM that the contractor was actually coming out and after being on hold for 10 minutes the rep said they never got the WORK ORDER. I demanded to speak with a supervisor (been trying to talk to one for the past 2 weeks no such luck) and went on hold for 10 more minutes then I picked up my cell phone and called the co again while I was still on hold on the other line. The 2nd csr right away said I see you have another rep helping you right now. I said yeah its been 15 minutes and I don't think I should have to wait that long to speak with a supervisor... GOT a supervisor she says what can I do for you (!!!). I asked her have you read my file? She says YES. Then I said "So you tell me what your going to do to fix this"... She says the csr of the day has sent over the work order to a new contractor that will come in today and she will waive the service charge because of the few days delay. I said it has been 2mths now that Ive been trying to get someone in here to fix the leaking problem not a few days... She Yes maimed me for the next couple of minutes and I actually got a call from the contractor who is supposed to be out here today by 2pm... We shall see and Ill update...

Ill be canceling my service though when its fixed. I am worried now after reading about "alteration" charges that they THINK I am going to just sign off and pay for whatever... I WONT. Ill send em on their way and call to get 3 more bids on whatever is the problem... Hey Ive been without the tub for 2mths now- good thing we have 2 full bathrooms!!

• Da
      16th of Feb, 2008

This is completely consistent with the sort of non-service we and others have received. Search First American Home Buyers on epinions.com.

30th of Jul, 2008
    First American Home Warranty - Do not use for home warranty
    Texas
    homewarranty.firstam.com

I submitted my claim May 29, and here it is July 30, and I still have NO WALL OVEN!!! The CUSTOMER SERVICE does not exist. They have people answering phones (after you wait for 15+ minutes) who don't help you, they just talk to you for a few seconds, get your name, address, and appliance problem from you EVERY SINGLE TIME (don't they have this stuff posted on the computer in front of them? No, they must not!!!) I have gotten a DIFFERENT customer service person every single time (about 20 times) that I have called, and they don't take action, they just seemingly try to listen and make you think they're going to doing something. If they actually DID SOMETHING to help me, then I would be cooking a roast in my new oven right now. TWO MONTHS PEOPLE! TWO MONTHS and still NO OVEN!!!

• Me
      26th of Aug, 2008

They must be going out of busness ! I spent 18 minutes on the phone on hold on two separate occassions trying to get this problem solved. Six weeks after I called about an icemaker door that had become inoperable, they sent a technician at a cost to me of fifty five dollars !! I am now told by the claims dept to "check your contract" !!! as this item is not coverd !! I clearly stated the problem was with the ice maker door on my refridgerator, with my first and second call to get service, this is just their tacky way out of paying the claim, I have been with First American for many years but when my contract has to be renewed I will go with someone else ! and I would recomend you do the same OUT $55.00 dollars !! JAMES CARTWRIGHT MESA AZ .,

• Rb
      27th of Aug, 2008

First American Home really screwed me. One of their companies TNT Appliance, messed up my cooktop, when you turn on a left knob the right burner turns on, and vise versa. While waiting and waiting for months to get this fixed. I've called FAH several times and the subcontracter, and they would tell me someone will call me. No one ever did call me back, ever. Now they tell me my contract has expired and they will NOT renew me and don't have to tell my why. So now I have a cooktop they screwed up and can't get it fixed.
    Don't use this company and I will tell my realtors not to use them either for new customers.

• Ta
      3rd of Oct, 2008

I have been without air...in the Texas heat for a month while they rebuild my AC unit piece by piece instead of replacing it as the tech suggested! Every time they repair a part another goes out the next day. Then, I wait another week for another part to come in. They replace it and the next day another part breaks...I wait another week (in the heat) for that part to come in...and so on! They have been back three times already and I am waiting on the fourth time, in one month. I heard the tech argueing with them...telling them the unit needed to be replaced and that parts will continue to give out, but they are so tight that they refuse to replace it. They told the tech it costs them less to repair it...so they will repair instead. But, meanwhile, my family suffers in this heat! I was going to renew my warranty but now I will go elsewhere. I would not recommend this company to anyone!

• Tu
      26th of Aug, 2009

I am suing them personnaly, without the cost of lawyer.

Call me and I will tell you how. Bruce, 423-838-2115

I am trying to get their TN Business License #.

Area manager is Maryanne Page, 1-800-698-0422- 7802, Cell 869-406-8273.

I will serve the subpeona to appear in court personnaly, and would be glad to serve theirs as well.

• Re
      19th of Jul, 2010

Save your money!!! Its not worth the hassel with this company. Everything is at "their" discretion in terms of who they use and how long it will take. The "Level of Service" they have for getting stuff fixed is very vague. You will go longer with out that appliance waiting for them to order a part or fix it. The contractor does not always order the correct part, thus you are sitting there waiting for the tech to come back to verify its the wrong part, then to have them order the part again, thus waiting even longer. Its a joke and you are better off just putting that money somewhere else. Do your research first before paying them
    My overhead microwave when out, its been 3 weeks, one faulty part order and one wrong part ordered, and i am still waiting. Talk to the techs, and talked to the supervisors. Customer comes first when its obvious that the service is incorrect. Very disappointed in the customer service of this company. I gave them a chance to make it right and they refuse to go the extra step. If you refused to make a payment, i'm sure they would be calling you to get payment.

13th of Aug, 2010

I know an attorney preparing to sue this company now. If you have had a difficult time with this company, I would suggest you contact him at (405) 249-4215 or email him at [protected]@me.com.

• Ri
      17th of Aug, 2010
    First American Home Warranty - Unacceptable Service
    Crystal Springs
    Mississippi

I called First American Home Warranty when I realized that my A/C unit wasn't working properly. 8/3/10. Keep in mind my area is in the middle of a heat wave, with heat index readings up to 115. They sent someone out, 3 TIMES, who had no idea what he was doing. Over the course of 9 days, I was without air conditioning, save for the window unit I had to go out and buy so I could at least sleep comfortably. On day 9, I called First American AGAIN, and told them I didn't want that particular tech at my house again, get someone else out. They did, on day 11. The next tech diagnosed the problem, but I have been waiting 4 days for that company to verify that my unit was still under manufacturers warranty. I finally called myself, and in less than 5 minutes, I was able to find out the it is, in fact still under warranty, so all the techs need to do is go get my parts. I called First American and passed on this information and asked them if they wanted to call the techs or do they want me to do that. They called and told them what I found out, so I am still sitting here, waiting for yet another service call to get my A/C fixed. It has been 15 days since I have had A/C. I cannot count the times I have called First American. I f I had to guess, I'd say I have dialed their number at least 50 times. I know the spiel by heart. They now know me as well. Needless to say, I am on day 15 with no A/C, I have had to do the leg work and phone calling FOR First American, and as I am typing this, I am on hold again, having spoken to the A/C company they have hired, this morning, and getting more information from them. This is a joke, a nightmare, it is way past unnacceptable, and I am tired of the hollow apologies. There is much more to this but I will run out of room.

• Pj
      11th of Nov, 2010
    First American Home Warranty - Failure to Act Responsibly
    Alexandria VA
    firstam.com

I have been without heat from my furnace for over two weeks now and still waiting for First American Home Warranty to fix the problem. I have an older furnace (32 year old home with original furnace) which is one of the main reasons I purchased this service. In the past year, they have replaced the circuit board three times and now saying it has an electrical problem and currently waiting for an electrician to evaluate. Recently, they have also had to replace the motor, the starter and the thermocoupler is just hanging on - yet they refuse to replace this 32 year old furnace. Last summer I was without AC for six weeks while they messed around getting parts - and that was in 100+ July temps. I am tired of waking up to a cold house in the morning...I told them I was going to stay at a hotel and send them the bill. They offered to give me a discount on a space heater! A lot of good that is going to do for my three story house. These guys give you the run-around and don't respond = their warranty is a joke!

• Fi
      12th of Nov, 2010
    First American Home Warranty - THIS COMPANY IS HORRIBLE THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT ITS CUSTOMERS THEY TAKE FOREVER TO REPLACE ITEMS AND THEY REPLACE WITH THE CHEAPEST PRODUCTS
    FIRST AMERICAN HOME WARRANTY
    Texas

This company is the worst Home Warranty Company in the world. The Customer service is horrible, and no one seems to know anything about a claim. My water heater went out last month and it took them a WEEK to replace it. They do not replace it right away, i called and no one knew what was going on with it. They had no idea where it was coming from and they did not even know how to track it. I have had my Fridge worked on for over 4 months and when i signed up they said if you keep having the same problem with a product more than 3 time and can not be fixed we will replace it. It took me to finally say, enough is enough i want it replaced, they had agreed to it since finally the SEARS repairman said it had to be replaced, Sears come on Monday 11-08-10, and no one from First American called me to keep me up to date with what is going on so i have had to call them to find out and they have no idea, i just now got off the phone with them again 11-12-10 and have been on the phone with them for 1 hr and they said someone forgot to order it, and that they would order it today, so it will take an additional week to get it. The funny thing is that the same thing happened with the water heater someone had forgotten to order it and me and my 2 kids got sick because we had to boil water in order to take a bath. SO STAY AWAY AS FAR AS YOU CAN FROM THIS COMPANY THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE CUSTOMER AT ALL. I BET THEY FORGET ABOUT CLAIMS ALL THE TIME LIKE THEY DO ME, BUT THEY SURE ARE NOT FORGETFUL TO GET THEIR MONEY EACH MONTH. THIS COMPANY SHOULD BE EMBARRASSED THE WAY THEY CONDUCT BUSINESS. I WILL BE FILING A CLAIM WITH BBB, AND AM ALSO CALLING A LAWYER AS WE SPEAK .

• Ou
      22nd of Jul, 2011

I don't know if you're just plan ignorant or what, but I was told to be aware that they may drag their feet so I may two calls and within a week's time I had walked away with $4, 000 more than what I had to start with. I had made to monthly payments of $35. Then the contractor they sent out informed me that he had heard nothing but good things about the company but that the moved slowly. So I stayed on their backs for 2 days and within a week I had a new AC unit installed.

• Ou
      22nd of Jul, 2011

It is actually the contracting company that determines which parts should be used, but your complaints will determine which contracting companies will not be used.